12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by MES
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Sometimes my left flipper doesn't deactivate. I have to press the button a couple of times to bring it back down.

So far all I've done was to clean the flipper switch but no go. What next?

Thanks

#2 12 years ago

Rebuild the flippers. More than likely a melted coil sleeve and a mis adjusted EOS switch.

#3 12 years ago

First I'd determine if it's a mechanical (binding) issue or an electrical issue.

When the flipper is stuck in up postion, turn the machine off immediately. What happens? If the flipper falls back down, it's electrical. If it stays up, it's mechanical.

Or take the glass off and when it happens, push down on the flipper. Fall back down easily? Mechanical issue. Pushing back at you? Electrical.

If it's mechanical, follow Shane's advice (although often just getting in there and realigning things and tightening everything back up good and tight will be a fix)

If it's electrical, your next step depends on the game you are dealing with.

#4 12 years ago

One easy thing to check is if there is some vertical, up down play in the flipper shaft. If your flipper is tight to the flipper bushing then it will start to heat up and bind. It should be just loose enough to lift the flipper bat up a tiny amount. Check for this and then tighten everything up.

While everything is open check to see if the plunger and coil stop are deformed in any way. Could be a mushroomed plunger head dragging inside the coil sleeve.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sticky-left-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.