Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by SUPERBEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So I recently had the clippers rebuilt on my #Special Force machine. One of the flippers is sticking after being engaged. It doesn’t hold long, just slowly comes back down. I have poked at it a little and can’t seem to figure out the cause (very noob on these things). Anyone have any suggestions of what I can look for? I have a family gathering today and was hoping to have it up and running for people to play!

Thank you very much in advance for any help of suggestions!

#2 6 years ago

Do you have a little (1/16") up/down play on the flipper bat? Glass off, playfield down, grab the bat and lift straight up. Do you have some play? If not you'll need to add some.

Game off, remove balls and lift playfield. Loosen nut or set screws holding pawl to flipper shaft. Move bat up a little to give some play between the bat and bushing. Align the flipper and tighten pawl.

#3 6 years ago

I use a credit card under the flipper bat to set the gap between the pf and flipper. You should also have what appears to be a hole in the pf. That is how you set the resting place for the flippers.
Now if the flippers were rebuilt they should have a new solenoid sleeve. You can not really check this without disasimbling.

#4 6 years ago

Thank you very much folks!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from wesh:

Thank you very much folks!

Did you figure out the issue ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sticky-flipper-1?hl=wesh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.