Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by the9gman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 3 years ago

MUAHAHAH I have this SAME problem on my Gottlieb Pinball Pool. It is so frustrating to find the issue.
First when I was playing, the left pop was doing this. The ring would stick down, and turning the game off, it stayed down. If the pf was raised or you pulled the ring, it would come up, but it seemed/felt like it was magnetized plunger to coil stop.

I ended up ordering all new parts for that pop and in the mean time, swapped parts between the two and then when I put them back, the right pop started to have the issue. I have rebuilt the left and that seems to work 99%. The right is now acting magnetized and I just now, pulled it apart, hit the parts with a hammer, left in some water for a bit and hit with a hammer again. I'll rebuild when try and try again. Otherwise, i'll need another order....

#31 3 years ago

I had to order new coil stop and plunger. Hitting with a hammer, the small red dema/mag didn’t work. I’ll update when the parts come. I’ve never had or seen this issue before so it took me a while to figure out

#32 3 years ago

Update:

Can confirm the new parts fixed the magnetizing/sticking. I also put new springs in.

3 months later
#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Teamhex:

good deal man. Im about to order parts to do the flippers and pop bumpers on my firepower. One pop bumper plunger feels gunky and is stuck down. Physically hard to move.
Then the right flipper sticks after a few games, but will go down if the ball hits it. I believe it’s that same thing you guys are describing. Biggest challenge now is knowing exactly what parts I need to buy.

yeah, it really makes you feel like it is binding...but man it was just like....a WTF. Once rebuilt...bam, super smooth. If you play with it, you'll see and feel the magnetized parts but imo, just worth rebuilding and not even worrying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sticking-pop-bumpers?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.