Packing 2 (resized).JPG
IMG_3431 (resized).JPG
crate open (resized).jpg
crate closed (resized).jpg
b97de7cdf88e20fdba6194472f2456bfb438b329 (resized).jpg
IMG_1867 (resized).JPG
IMG_1868 (resized).JPG
pfglass (resized).jpg
37a2de6fca346791bca1eba4abd54f83--wot-in-tarnation-what-in-tarnation-meme (resized).jpg
IMG_3400 (resized).PNG
IMG_3394 (resized).JPG
IMG_3392 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 6 years ago

I am the buyer, after 3 delayed deliveries I started to get concerned. Since I had 2 other pieces of frieght that I required for business I wasn't going to be able to wait another 3 weeks to "possibly" recieve freight. I need understand a missed delivery but I'm trying to make myself available for a random frieght delivery is difficult.

What's more concerning ? 5 other units sat in the warehouse with no packing, not even cardboard under the head. I asked warehouse guy if they show up this way. He said yes. I doubt they would have bothered to remove the glass on final delivery. Glad I went. Some of the ramps are Scratched up pretty bad. Trying to get the tiny glass fragments off playfield is really hard.and sadly the painted rails have some dings. Where did the packing go?

IMG_3394 (resized).JPGIMG_3394 (resized).JPG

#25 6 years ago

I'm Not sure on PDI glass qualities. The glass shop in town told me on the odd occasion tempered glass will be "defective" and shard out. The only way to know..

A vid quote tells a similar story.

IMG_3400 (resized).PNGIMG_3400 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#86 6 years ago

I'm new here; most everyone and most every thread on pinside proclaims "only ship with Michelle, she takes care of everything". Read the special instructions on the bill of lading. Are these few sentences here are the only reason why she is considered the expert? Or is it in pricing? Another mention is that the value of game was never asked by Michelle.
I'm still wondering how the packing came off my game and 5 others I saw on standby. Seeing a full crate enclosure and wonder how much more that would cost and who will do it? Seller? STI? I think full crate it's a bit excessive for most units. That said, If that was an option for me I would have considered. If I knew about third party insurance, that too I would have considered. I remember looking at frieght threads here to learn more about the process and problems and found little helpful advice. Most threads choked out and prolapsed with "only buy cash and haul yourself".

Most of the damage I'm seeing on my unit and the others are forklift damage. There is no notice on on bill of lading that says "no forklift". Disappointing.
And there isn't a "next page", not in my paperwork anyway.

There should be a frieght thread or notice in the market (to which frieght is a standard) or somewhere relatively easy to find. that outlines options, how to's, make sure to, dont's, etc. it should be mentioned not to use forklifts for instance, or be sure to tell Michelle the value of your unit, because she may not think to ask. I'm sure it's common for many of you. I had no idea what to expect.

IMG_3431 (resized).JPGIMG_3431 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sti-destroyed-my-restored-mm?tu=mogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.