(Topic ID: 66902)

STI Delivers! No They Don't...Once Again! Delivery Poll Added!

By Billy16

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“If & When the Pin Arrives..The Condition?”

• Not a scratch on it. STI, you may be slow and sloppy on delivery, but you take care of the cargo! 32 votes
      64%
    • A few minor nicks, but overall not too bad. After all, this baby has been on and off more trucks than you can count! 12 votes
      24%
    • Major damage, more people have touched this pin than Heidi Fleiss! Good luck with that claim... 4 votes
      8%
    • Smokin' wreck of wire and wood dropped onto your driveway. What did you expect with all that complaining! 2 votes
      4%

(50 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

So, my newest pin acquisition was all set to arrive today between 7-8am. It doesn't show. Uh-oh. I make some calls and find it did not arrive because it never left the Denver warehouse, since no one bothered to put it on the truck! Seems no one discovered this minor detail until the last stop in LA and the truck was empty. What a way to run a shipping company...

#2 10 years ago

Has happened to me once too. They tried to deliver to Eastern Oregon 6 hours away due to an incorrect address they had, that didn't exist over there. Came about 5 days later, no biggie, but a bummer!

#3 10 years ago

Had issues with them too....got "we were short staffed on Friday...and there were some pick ups added before yours was scheduled in the day"....couldn't even get the same lie from them. Took 4 weeks to get once I confirmed the pin was ready for pick up.

#4 10 years ago

Nothing major, but I had a game delivered to me and it got to my CITY from across the country in about 2 days. It then sat there for 5 days before being delivered to my house. The most important thing is that the game arrives undamaged though. Everything else is a distant second.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Nothing major, but I had a game delivered to me and it got to my CITY from across the country in about 2 days. It then sat there for 5 days before being delivered to my house. The most important thing is that the game arrives undamaged though. Everything else is a distant second.

Maybe you don't have the truck etc, but if you do have a way to pick it up I always try to go pick them up. Saves at 2 days on average and like you said, sometimes more!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Maybe you don't have the truck etc, but if you do have a way to pick it up I always try to go pick them up. Saves at 2 days on average and like you said, sometimes more!

duly noted

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I do have a truck, but I was told by the shipping rep that pickup was not an option. I just kept hoping it would show up the next day until it finally did.

#8 10 years ago

Not happy with STI or NAVL for that matter...both times I have had games shipped they have been screwed up. Waited at home 2 seperate days for the game to show up and they failed. Even reached out to Michelle for help with some type of resolve and she doesn't reply to e-mails now. (and I wasn't even an ass hole)

I wish pinballs on the move were nationwide.

#9 10 years ago

I think it probably has to do a lot with the local distributor's organization, my 2 deliveries have been right on time (one took a bit longer than expected but I was never given a wrong day to wait around). I hope that holds up since I have 3 special ones arriving Monday...

#10 10 years ago

Evidently what it had most to do with is some bonehead not scanning the pin correctly. They thought it was on the truck and didn't realize it was still sitting in Denver until the truck showed up in LA without it. Someone sure dropped the ball, big time, so now I wait until they are kind enough to actually load it onto a west bound truck...

#11 10 years ago

STI is a total joke. Michelle and Judy disappear at the first sign of trouble, and no one at corporate seems to be able to make anything happen. My shipment is a week late and has been sitting in a warehouse in LA the last two days. You'd think this being late and all might strike some sense of urgency--no chance! Maybe they will be kind enough to put this on the truck headed south tonite, maybe not. I'm expecting to receive (well, perhaps at some point) a pile of firewood--then have to fight them over replacement. That would just about top it off...

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

it did not arrive because it never left the Denver warehouse,

Welcome to my world! Did they say something like "it missed the turn".

#13 10 years ago

Most likely it all has to do with their local subcontractors.... Michelle has always been perfect and available for me.. at least for arranging quotes and providing tracking info/local contact info for final delivery.
    Mine always go thru Dallas... and it's always a nice respectful crew.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

STI is a total joke. Michelle and Judy disappear at the first sign of trouble

Yep...exactly. And all they do is point the finger at STI.

If I ran my business the way they do, there would be no business. They suck, they suck, they suck!

#15 10 years ago

I feel the need to reply to this. Yes STI did screw up majorly. This did sit in Denver because some did screw up. I will not argue that one bit. When things are screwed up like this one was we have to go through STI corporate office to have them fix the routing etc. Which Bill you spoke with Tina Evans there. She had all of this changed and I was told that this was fixed and going out. Then I found out that my Grandfather has stomach cancer so I had to go to Florida for 5 days to move him into a nursing home, because he is not seeking treatment. At that time I was checking emails and my phone was forwarded to our main number. I take offense to you saying that I run at anytime there are issues. Anyone who knows me , knows that for 14 years I have been available and always tried to rectify situations. You have every right to be upset with STI.. hell I am upset with STI, but please don't say that I don't care, because that is farthest from the truth

Michelle

#16 10 years ago

This is All Pretty Common with Freight Companies. It Sucks, its a huge pain but its part of the Hobby sadly. Took us about 10 years of actively trying to find a good freight broker, who doesn't duck and run at the first sign of trouble. I have one now, who isnt Afraid to cancel or suspend contracts of carriers who Damage to much or refuse to work in the Claim process. I don't deal with STI/NAVL because I don't do blanket Wrap Shipments but I'm sure its just like every other freight company. I've tried to find the Community other sources of blanket wrap shipping for Pinballs with no luck. I haven't given up though!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from MBianchi:

I take offense to you saying that I run at anytime there are issues. Anyone who knows me , knows that for 14 years I have been available and always tried to rectify situations. You have every right to be upset with STI.. hell I am upset with STI, but please don't say that I don't care, because that is farthest from the truth
    Michelle

really, is that why I still have not heard back from you for 2 weeks? pfft...whatever

wait, no....its been 4 weeks now...but I am sure you are busy...right?

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Welcome to my world! Did they say something like "it missed the turn".

Nah, I think it was more like "We had something more important going south, so you were bumped!" I really never received an explanation--STI is like a rudderless ship, everyone passes the buck and takes no responsibility.

Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Most likely it all has to do with their local subcontractors.... Michelle has always been perfect and available for me.. at least for arranging quotes and providing tracking info/local contact info for final delivery.

Michelle is great on the front end, it is when things go bad she becomes unavailable and/or is of no real help. As someone pointed out she probably has no real authority, she makes phone calls and punches new pickups into the computer. That is the problem with STI, no one is really accountable as there are so many fingers in the pie. Buck passing (or just ignoring complaints) is the order of the day.

#19 10 years ago

Any pins shipped to Albuquerque or New Mexico, you can use Hot Shot Services. My wife is the CEO and I know everyone in the company. I make sure all pins shipped to those facilities and delivered are treated with the ultimate care. And in Albuquerque, I like to help deliver them!

Sorry Billy, wish I could have helped you on this one. I would be pissed. I told my wife she should set up a country wide network of only the best shipping companies and run the logistics.

#20 10 years ago

Michelle, you seem like a super nice person, if I indicated otherwise I apologize. However, my experience with you and your company has not been positive as soon as the first sign of trouble appeared. Mistake has compounded mistake, with nothing being done to expedite shipment. It is inexcusable that this shipment is once again hung up for no real reason, other than there does not seem to be any sense of urgency to deliver it. Someone should have ram-rodded this through after it was bumped the first time. If each local company that touched this shipment needed to be personally called and prodded into action, that should have been done. That did not happen. Let's hope it is undamaged if/when it arrives.

#21 10 years ago

I had a problem that Michelle resolved a few months ago. The seller of the game I was buying turned out to be a psycho and physically threatened the subcontracted driver the day he was to pick it up. Obviously the driver then refused to pick up my pinball machine. I didn't know what to do as I had already paid the lunatic for my machine. Michelle found another company and another driver and got my machine picked up as soon as possible. The problem wasn't her company's fault, I didn't have to pay more money, and she still resolved the issue in a timely manner. A+ if you ask me.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Sorry Billy, wish I could have helped you on this one. I would be pissed. I told my wife she should set up a country wide network of only the best shipping companies and run the logistics.

Thanks TM, I'd absolutely trust you to do anything you said you would do.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I had a problem that Michelle resolved a few months ago. Michelle found another company and another driver and got my machine picked up as soon as possible. The problem wasn't her company's fault, I didn't have to pay more money, and she still resolved the issue in a timely manner. A+ if you ask me.

That's the kind of service I was looking for, paid for, and have not received.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Nah, I think it was more like "We had something more important going south, so you were bumped!"

I will give them this- My grail pin did finally show up, three to four weeks later, and it was intact. And now that is all water under the bridge. Hey, it's a long way from Colorado to California.

#25 10 years ago

shipping as we speak. jersey to chicago. he called wednesday (once his paypal went thru). they called me thurs and are pulling up to my house as i type!

#26 10 years ago

I had a machine put onto the wrong truck once. I checked the tracking and it was in Denver, set to arrive into Salt Lake City the next day and I agreed to do a terminal pickup. When I didn't get the call to pick it up the next day, I checked the online tracking once more and found out that the machine was in Illinois. The game ended up showing up 3-4 days after the estimate, but thankfully it was undamaged.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I will give them this- My grail pin did finally show up, three to four weeks later, and it was intact. And now that is all water under the bridge.

O-din....that is exactly what they want you to think. 4 weeks later? That is jacked jacked!

One thing I noticed also is there is no follow up from them afterwards. Not surprising, when you disappoint so many people, you don't want to hear how you are doing. They know, and as Michelle stated in another post she has been doing this for 14 years. Really? And this is the best she/they can do?

#28 10 years ago

We've had 3 deliveries through STI, and every one of them was late, messed up, excuse after excuse. After they were 8 hours late I had them literally tell me off at my house, telling me that my piddly little delivery was nothing compared to the corporate people they had to get to that day, and that they should have just skipped me alltogether. Then they refused to put it in my house and left it sitting in my driveway, because they were in a hurry, after snatching the paperwork forcefully out of my hands and throwing a pen at me.
    My mom almost missed a concert we had tickets for because they were 10 hours late to her, then threatened to return the pin to California if she wasn't there that day and refused to even think about delivering it the next day. This despite her telling them she had to be gone from the house by 6 PM, with an 8 AM delivery time. They showed up at 7:30 PM with a big attitude and scratched her hardwood floors. Not a single response from the company about any of it after we complained.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

O-din....that is exactly what they want you to think. 4 weeks later?

As long as nothing was broken. Where are you going to find a perfect backglass for a 1978 EM Joker Poker. Not gonna happen. That's what kept me on pins and needles. But like I said, that's history.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

We've had 3 deliveries through STI, and every one of them was late, messed up, excuse after excuse. After they were 8 hours late I had them literally tell me off at my house, telling me that my piddly little delivery was nothing compared to the corporate people they had to get to that day, and that they should have just skipped me alltogether. Then they refused to put it in my house and left it sitting in my driveway, because they were in a hurry, after snatching the paperwork forcefully out of my hands and throwing a pen at me.My mom almost missed a concert we had tickets for because they were 10 hours late to her, then threatened to return the pin to California if she wasn't there that day and refused to even think about delivering it the next day. This despite her telling them she had to be gone from the house by 6 PM, with an 8 AM delivery time. They showed up at 7:30 PM with a big attitude and scratched her hardwood floors. Not a single response from the company about any of it after we complained.

Never again BlondeTall, never again. And I vow to tell everyone how bad they are.

I understand how things can get messed up, but don't tell me you will get back to me and never do it. That Pisses people off Michelle!

#31 10 years ago

I've solved this in a simple way, I just refuse to do anything but buy locally. Shipping is too much stress, too many headaches, too much money. F--- it, either I see the pin in person and buy it or I don't get it.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I will give them this- My grail pin did finally show up, three to four weeks later, and it was intact. And now that is all water under the bridge. Hey, it's a long way from Colorado to California.

It took them just under two days to get from Denver to LA, faster than I was expecting. Didn't matter, it has just been sitting there since. Corporate finally responded to an email, said they had gotten right on it and I'd have it Monday! Wow. Corporate did suggest I file an "Inconvenience Form" Let's see how that all goes along with the rest of my "STI Experience".

Ah yes, the "STI Experience". What is it, you say? Fast efficient service? Umm...nope. Rectifying mistakes? Ahh--not so much. The customer comes first? Well, maybe some customer somewhere else did... STI Delivers? Probably to someone somewhere else...

#33 10 years ago

Don't know about the TX shipments, could have been with another agent. Send me the contracts and I will tell you.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I've solved this in a simple way, I just refuse to do anything buy buy locally. Shipping is too much stress, too many headaches, too much money. F--- it, either I see the pin in person and buy it or I don't get it.

Agreed that's the absolute best way, but when you live in a pinball desert and have to either go without, ship in, or pay retail prices at the only place that has machines within a 3 hour one-way drive, you do what you have to do. We've got our little collection going now though and don't plan on shipping anything else except maybe a NIB Predator.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I just refuse to do anything but buy locally.

I'm getting down to that myself, but some things you just can't find here. The last one I had shipped came in a crate shipped by Pilot, and got here in two days. I will be dealing with him again.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I've solved this in a simple way, I just refuse to do anything but buy locally.

This is the smartest idea. I have a harder time finding pins staying in the southwest, but don't have to deal with the headaches.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Corporate did suggest I file an "Inconvenience Form" Let's see how that all goes along with the rest of my "STI Experience".

Don't bother...you will just get a denial letter. I can show you mine if you like. I e-mailed Michelle about this and she said she would look into it and get right back to me....

over 4 weeks now, I guess she is still looking into it for me....

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm getting down to that myself, but some things you just can't find here.

True, and it definitely requires more patience. But shipping just sucks so badly. Plus on top of all that there's always the fun of unwrapping the pin to discover that little things the seller neglected to mention that were conveniently not in any of the photos.

#39 10 years ago

I am so pi&&ed at STI I can't see straight (or maybe it was that fifth of Wild Turkey I had at lunch)! Since no one at STI was doing much after the bumping debacle in Denver, the seller and I made a multitude of phone calls to anyone along the line we could think of to speed this along (thanks Mike!). Guess I missed the one to the guy in LA. One could ask why we had to make all these calls--why didn't STI's people do it--but I digress (and am getting madder--more WT!). Oh, wait a minute, last week a rep at STI Corporate did everything but promise me I'd have this today--I am so shocked it didn't happen!

So, time for the next topic. If/when it arrives, how's it gonna look? Keep in mind Mike wrapped this thing up like a mummy, but my money is on my buddies at STI being able to get around that...

So, with all the delays, extra handling, multitude of truck/warehouse transfers (coupled with all the whining I have done--that was not too smart)--what kinda shape is it gonna be in? Cast your vote!

If it actually shows up on Monday, I will announce the winning choice! STI, you have one last glimmer of hope to redeem yourselves--#1. Let's hope you at least get that right...

#40 10 years ago

It's late. That sucks. I'll bet it arrives in the same condition it left the sellers.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

It's late. That sucks. I'll bet it arrives in the same condition it left the sellers.

Dude, I so hope you are right! But the reason it is significantly late is because no one at STi could be bothered with following through to make sure this pin kept moving. I am appalled this happened again after I was bumped in Denver and had to wait 7 days for the next truck. The local shipper in Denver was great--he told me he put the pin in the middle of the truck so there was no way it could get bumped again. He did not have any explanation as to why it was bumped the first time, but I'll give him a pass on that, things happen. The local guy here in town has scheduled me twice for delivery, only to have it never arrive from LA. No issues with those guys. It is the lack of shipment oversight and coordination that burns me. My pin sat in Denver for 4 days before anyone realized--"hey, the truck is in LA and empty--where is it?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but STI seems to be a collection of local independent shippers working with whatever long haul guy might drive thru town with some room on the truck. An entry into their tracking system starts the journey and that item is quickly forgotten. No one really knows or particularly cares about your shipment, it's gonna get there whenever it happens to roll into town.

#43 10 years ago

I read somewhere in another thread that NAVL said to a potential customer "We are no longer delivering pinball machines". Has anyone heard anything like that?

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from MBianchi:

I feel the need to reply to this. Yes STI did screw up majorly. This did sit in Denver because some did screw up. I will not argue that one bit. When things are screwed up like this one was we have to go through STI corporate office to have them fix the routing etc. Which Bill you spoke with Tina Evans there. She had all of this changed and I was told that this was fixed and going out. Then I found out that my Grandfather has stomach cancer so I had to go to Florida for 5 days to move him into a nursing home, because he is not seeking treatment. At that time I was checking emails and my phone was forwarded to our main number. I take offense to you saying that I run at anytime there are issues. Anyone who knows me , knows that for 14 years I have been available and always tried to rectify situations. You have every right to be upset with STI.. hell I am upset with STI, but please don't say that I don't care, because that is farthest from the truth
    Michelle

I can vouche for the fact michelle was handling business on the fly while in Florida. She responded to my issues. STI can be a pain at times but for me, Michelle is top notch!

#45 10 years ago

Two years ago I used NAVL to ship two pins from FL to NY. Michelle was great to deal with, but was on vacation the following week once the trouble started. First of all.... the seller sat around three days for pickup, and all three times they didn't show up. Then...... once the pins got onto the NAVL truck, for some weird reason, they were re-routed to Atlanta for a week. OK! Then the pins got sent to NJ where the very Mafia trucking company that NAVL subbed out to, sat on the pins for another 6 days. OK. They finally called to set up delivery on the following Thursday. I replied I HAVE to work every Thursday and wouldn't be home. They could have cared less. Called NAVL, again ... Michelle on vacation. Talked to her boss who informed me it wasn't now there problem, it was between myself and the subcontracted shipped and " have a nice day". OK. Called back to Jersey.... talked to the son of the owner who informed me either "I WAS" getting a Thursday delivery Next week, now 17 days late or... " I could either pick up the pins up myself (8 hours total of driving) or face a storage fee if I didn't get them the hell out of His warehouse within 30 days"!. Never...ever...again!~SpOoKy

#46 10 years ago

Shipping update: Scheduled a pickup through Michelle who set it up for an STI shipping today to deliver my Kiss from Cali to NJ. Pickup was scheduled for 8:00 am to noon. I took the morning off work to wait for the drivers. It is now 5:00 pm PST, and no sign of drivers. My blood pressure is rising by the minute. With this quality service, I'm sure I wont have any problems with it arriving in one piece.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from MBianchi:

Michelle

You tell-um Michelle. You've ALWAYS been good with me.

#48 10 years ago

You guys must have some REALLY bad subcontractors, the one that delivers my games for STI call me about 45 min. before each drop to confirm I'll be home and then show up within that 45 min. window and all my games were wrapped like mummies when they got here so not a ding or scratch.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from mikeincali:

Shipping update: Scheduled a pickup through Michelle who set it up for an STI shipping today to deliver my Kiss from Cali to NJ. Pickup was scheduled for 8:00 am to noon. I took the morning off work to wait for the drivers. It is now 5:00 pm PST, and no sign of drivers. My blood pressure is rising by the minute. With this quality service, I'm sure I wont have any problems with it arriving in one piece.

That always happens, I have never had them show up like they say they will two days of this then I got the we will call when we are an hour out then no call then the next day I get the call thinking I have an hour so I tell the driver see you in an hour and he says I am in front of you house now.
    Another tip after having them wreck a game I have the buyer make the shipping arrangements then when they wreck the game it is their shipper not yours and they get to deal with the BS.

#50 10 years ago

I'm sory to hear about your shipment issues.

I have had many shipments with Michelle and STI. I have shipped both pinball and arcades. All have been handled well. Hers is the only name I give out for blanket wrap shipments. As for scheduling and arrivals, its frustrating but it happens. A truck full of items that has to stop and make home deliveries can't always be on time.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sti-delivers-no-they-dont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.