(Topic ID: 291219)

STI CRST Shipping Damage

By Onwallst

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230201_181627_Ring (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230201_175645_Ring (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220930_184454 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220930_194008 (resized).jpg
    20221005_064535 (resized).jpg
    20221005_064649 (resized).jpg
    20221005_064453 (resized).jpg
    12221451-6E96-46C7-A3CF-8093EE7F5671 (resized).jpeg
    AB83F4F8-D462-42A4-A84D-028E70D30FC9 (resized).jpeg
    D6181962-333E-4DC9-99EE-90CABA9C3512 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Who has shipped a game STI /CRST / Beltman white glove and has had damage? I recently had a collector quality game damaged. 5 years ago I had a game damaged. In the end they did nothing. Now I am getting the same run around again. I buy expensive insurance to protect when things go sideways. I have shipped a lot of games with them that were perfect. However, when you need to make a claim they have a dance. I am seeing a pattern please post your experiences?

AB83F4F8-D462-42A4-A84D-028E70D30FC9 (resized).jpegAB83F4F8-D462-42A4-A84D-028E70D30FC9 (resized).jpegD6181962-333E-4DC9-99EE-90CABA9C3512 (resized).jpegD6181962-333E-4DC9-99EE-90CABA9C3512 (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 years ago

That damage will not be worth the fight. It can be fixed for a few hundred dollars.

I wonder how the guy made out who had a moving company drop his dads funhouse out of the back of the truck?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

That damage will not be worth the fight. It can be fixed for a few hundred dollars.
    I wonder how the guy made out who had a moving company drop his dads funhouse out of the back of the truck?

That was some serious damage.

#4 3 years ago

Collecting from any freight/truck company is a long process

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

That was far from serious.
    If it was that important then the machine should have been blanket and shrink wrapped accordingly. Strapped to a pallet and shrink wrapped some more.
    This damage is considered acceptable in the day to day running of a shipping company.
    The insurance is a smoke screen and they usually only cover a complete loss and that usually takes a 3 to 4 month battle to get it.
    The plan is for you to give up and just go away and they will stonewall you until you move on with life.
    -Mike

#6 3 years ago

Good afternoon.
    I am currently reviewing your claim. Please advise the specific details as to what the damages claimed are to the box and the screen? Please also include your delivery documents where damages were noted.

Thank you

Kristin Acosta, Supervisor- Claims CRST Specialized Solutions
    5001 U.S. Highway 30 W, Suite 101 Fort Wayne, In 46818
    Direct 260-459-8338
    www.CRST.com
    <image001.jpg>
    This email (including any attachments) may be confidential and legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received this message in error and then delete it. Thank you.

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

If it was that important then the machine should have been blanket and shrink wrapped accordingly. Strapped to a pallet and shrink wrapped some more.
    This damage is considered acceptable in the day to day running of a shipping company.
    The insurance is a smoke screen and they usually only cover a complete loss and that usually takes a 3 to 4 month battle to get it.
    The plan is for you to give up and just go away and they will stonewall you until you move on with life.
    -Mike

I agree it is only for when the truck catches on fire. They just stonewall. Yes the damage is horrible and only a few hundred but was not the shape the game was in when it shipped. Has anyone had them every pay anything out?

#7 3 years ago

My HUO EHoH

Arrived at Coin Taker with damage to just the back side of the lower cabinet

A new decal is on order for me when the new run begins

Would never know it’s there so meh Melissa
    made it right by tossing in shooter rod with the deal

12221451-6E96-46C7-A3CF-8093EE7F5671 (resized).jpeg12221451-6E96-46C7-A3CF-8093EE7F5671 (resized).jpeg
    #8 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

My HUO EHoH
    Arrived at Coin Taker with damage to just the back side of the lower cabinet
    A new decal is on order for me when the new run begins
    Would never know it’s there so meh Melissa
    made it right by tossing in shooter rod with the deal [quoted image]

Ughhh

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Who has shipped a game STI /CRST / Beltman white glove and has had damage? I recently had a collector quality game damaged. 5 years ago I had a game damaged. In the end they did nothing. Now I am getting the same run around again. I buy expensive insurance to protect when things go sideways. I have shipped a lot of games with them that were perfect. However, when you need to make a claim they have a dance. I am seeing a pattern please post your experiences?

I've had to do 2 claims with them and honestly both went super well. Got a list of parts from my distributor in one case(used Stern game) and pieced together parts for a different game(B/W) where I could and cost for all of them and they covered it all. I had money within a few weeks if I remember right.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

ToucanF16 was talking about the dropped FunHouse It was almost destroyed: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rudy-s-funhouse-destroyed-by-movers

#11 3 years ago

My old friends at Cedar Rapids Steel Transport; Some real winners at the Cedar Rapids HQ and terminal. Loved the dump terminal in Richmond, Indiana though.

Cheap sonsabitches.

10 months later
    #12 2 years ago

Onwallst , Did you ever get a resolution to this? I am asking because a DP that I ordered was completely destroyed in a serious accident involving a CRST semi. I filed a claim and was told it would be a 60 day minimum. Not happy about that, but it is was it is. Wondering if they will pay up or not.

3 months later
    #13 1 year ago
    Quoted from RooDoom:

Onwallst , Did you ever get a resolution to this? I am asking because a DP that I ordered was completely destroyed in a serious accident involving a CRST semi. I filed a claim and was told it would be a 60 day minimum. Not happy about that, but it is was it is. Wondering if they will pay up or not.

Did you ever hear back on your claim? I submitted a claim and they took roughly 75 days to tell me to screw off. Because there was no visible signs of damage and it was concealed upon delivery. Sucks they take as long as they want then deny the claim. Like what - they only pay up if they deliver it on fire…
    For me it was damage to all 4 legs from straps, which they did during shipment as all the legs were covered when it was picked up, and the back box glass was shattered upon delivery. Which also destroyed the translite.

7 months later
    #14 1 year ago

Ok my story came to an end so here it is.
    I shipped via STI/beltmann, and I tacked on extra insurance since it was a MDF pin. They showed up to the seller and wrapped the pin with the legs laying across the head! I had shipped 7 pins and hadn't seen this method used so far. I learned of this after it was on the truck. They then informed the seller that they were taking it to the warehouse and going to palletize it (which they didn't do in the end).
    It showed up on a day I couldn't get home so my partner was there to receive it. They had put additional blankets around it and wrapped it even more at some point during shipment (using packing tape to hold the blankets on?)
    While watching them on my cameras, I observed them trying to fit it in the door. They decided it wouldn't fit due to the legs sticking out on each side, so they backed it out and proceeded to rip the legs out without unwrapping the pin. In the pics below you can see how they initially wrapped it, and also the guy carrying the legs loose before it was moved inside the house, with their extra padding they added to the pin still installed. They eventually left it wrapped inside and my partner signed for it thinking all was well with it wrapped in blankets and they went on their way. I found the damage later when I unwrapped it a day or so later. They caught the swivel feet on the side of the head and busted out the inside of the MDF frame and damaged the trim and decal. Obviously this is not typical bump and scratch stuff that may have been there already. The repair quote was for $500 and they denied the claim because it was signed for. The least they could do is refund me the extra $50 I paid for the extra $1000 Insurance and they would still get their original shipping quote money. Very bad look for this company.
    Screenshot_20220930_184454 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220930_184454 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220930_194008 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220930_194008 (resized).jpg
    20221005_064453 (resized).jpg20221005_064453 (resized).jpg
    20221005_064535 (resized).jpg20221005_064535 (resized).jpg
    20221005_064649 (resized).jpg20221005_064649 (resized).jpg

Oh also, bonus pic- here they are when they drove the pallet jack off the end of the loading lift on a different pin shipment. That guy was holding the handle when he decided to jump backwards off of the liftgate and take the load with him unexpectedly. The pallet jack wheel is hanging freely.....
    Screenshot_20230201_181627_Ring (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201_181627_Ring (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230201_175645_Ring (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230201_175645_Ring (resized).jpg

#15 1 year ago

Shitbags

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sti-crst-shipping-damage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.