Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12221451-6E96-46C7-A3CF-8093EE7F5671 (resized).jpeg
    AB83F4F8-D462-42A4-A84D-028E70D30FC9 (resized).jpeg
    D6181962-333E-4DC9-99EE-90CABA9C3512 (resized).jpeg

#1 6 months ago

Who has shipped a game STI /CRST / Beltman white glove and has had damage? I recently had a collector quality game damaged. 5 years ago I had a game damaged. In the end they did nothing. Now I am getting the same run around again. I buy expensive insurance to protect when things go sideways. I have shipped a lot of games with them that were perfect. However, when you need to make a claim they have a dance. I am seeing a pattern please post your experiences?

AB83F4F8-D462-42A4-A84D-028E70D30FC9 (resized).jpegD6181962-333E-4DC9-99EE-90CABA9C3512 (resized).jpeg
    #2 6 months ago

That damage will not be worth the fight. It can be fixed for a few hundred dollars.

I wonder how the guy made out who had a moving company drop his dads funhouse out of the back of the truck?

#3 6 months ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

That damage will not be worth the fight. It can be fixed for a few hundred dollars.
    I wonder how the guy made out who had a moving company drop his dads funhouse out of the back of the truck?

That was some serious damage.

#4 6 months ago

Collecting from any freight/truck company is a long process

#5 6 months ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

That was far from serious.
    If it was that important then the machine should have been blanket and shrink wrapped accordingly. Strapped to a pallet and shrink wrapped some more.
    This damage is considered acceptable in the day to day running of a shipping company.
    The insurance is a smoke screen and they usually only cover a complete loss and that usually takes a 3 to 4 month battle to get it.
    The plan is for you to give up and just go away and they will stonewall you until you move on with life.
    -Mike

#6 6 months ago

Good afternoon.
    I am currently reviewing your claim. Please advise the specific details as to what the damages claimed are to the box and the screen? Please also include your delivery documents where damages were noted.

Thank you

Kristin Acosta, Supervisor- Claims CRST Specialized Solutions
    5001 U.S. Highway 30 W, Suite 101 Fort Wayne, In 46818
    Direct 260-459-8338
    www.CRST.com
    <image001.jpg>
    This email (including any attachments) may be confidential and legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received this message in error and then delete it. Thank you.

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

If it was that important then the machine should have been blanket and shrink wrapped accordingly. Strapped to a pallet and shrink wrapped some more.
    This damage is considered acceptable in the day to day running of a shipping company.
    The insurance is a smoke screen and they usually only cover a complete loss and that usually takes a 3 to 4 month battle to get it.
    The plan is for you to give up and just go away and they will stonewall you until you move on with life.
    -Mike

I agree it is only for when the truck catches on fire. They just stonewall. Yes the damage is horrible and only a few hundred but was not the shape the game was in when it shipped. Has anyone had them every pay anything out?

#7 6 months ago

My HUO EHoH

Arrived at Coin Taker with damage to just the back side of the lower cabinet

A new decal is on order for me when the new run begins

Would never know it’s there so meh Melissa
    made it right by tossing in shooter rod with the deal

12221451-6E96-46C7-A3CF-8093EE7F5671 (resized).jpeg
    #8 6 months ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

My HUO EHoH
    Arrived at Coin Taker with damage to just the back side of the lower cabinet
    A new decal is on order for me when the new run begins
    Would never know it’s there so meh Melissa
    made it right by tossing in shooter rod with the deal [quoted image]

Ughhh

#9 6 months ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Who has shipped a game STI /CRST / Beltman white glove and has had damage? I recently had a collector quality game damaged. 5 years ago I had a game damaged. In the end they did nothing. Now I am getting the same run around again. I buy expensive insurance to protect when things go sideways. I have shipped a lot of games with them that were perfect. However, when you need to make a claim they have a dance. I am seeing a pattern please post your experiences?

I've had to do 2 claims with them and honestly both went super well. Got a list of parts from my distributor in one case(used Stern game) and pieced together parts for a different game(B/W) where I could and cost for all of them and they covered it all. I had money within a few weeks if I remember right.

#10 6 months ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

ToucanF16 was talking about the dropped FunHouse It was almost destroyed: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rudy-s-funhouse-destroyed-by-movers

#11 6 months ago

My old friends at Cedar Rapids Steel Transport; Some real winners at the Cedar Rapids HQ and terminal. Loved the dump terminal in Richmond, Indiana though.

Cheap sonsabitches.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside