(Topic ID: 307733)

Steve Young's Pinball Resource

By yoshootme

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0070 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0058 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7716 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
    20240310_124610 (resized).jpg
    14A731CF-A9F7-4FA8-B6AF-19EBC11EA438 (resized).jpeg
    57F674C1-B0C7-4C52-9613-5060D50F1C37 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2957 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2958 (resized).jpeg
    PBR Invoice (resized).jpg
    7C820700-2E77-41A9-BED6-057710FCE45D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2167 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3368 (resized).jpeg
    End of Plate Switch - P-2289-1 (Pic3) (resized).jpg
    End of Plate Switch - P-2289-1 (Drawing) (resized).jpg

There are 517 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
    #301 11 months ago

Being on the east coast makes PBR even more incredible. Called in on Wednesday, the parts were at my door today (Friday).

#302 11 months ago

Went and looked in the folder my number is AC- so in the older club.

#303 11 months ago

I just bought some things from PBR and I like dealing with Steve over the phone, I usually call in the morning and get through. Great guy, really helpful and actually has told me not to buy something that I thought was broken and he gave me advice on troubleshooting the real problem instead of just making a sale.

I’ve ordered on a Wednesday and got my parts on Friday and I’m on the West Coast.

#304 11 months ago
    Quoted from cp1610:

Went and looked in the folder my number is AC- so in the older club.

I’m in the low AEs I think

Since you need a number to place an order I’m guessing a lot of those aren’t used much more than one or two orders throughout someone’s life. Older or newer customers

#305 11 months ago

Whenever I call Steve I get nervous and feel like I need an apple, like George in Seinfeld. I’m at the point where all numbers from his site are written down in advance of placing an order and that account number is definitely on hand if needed. Steve is a class act and you absolutely need to buy his coils and targets, as they are the best… “and nobody beats him”

#306 11 months ago

I took inventory of every part I will need to resotry the last six EM games in my collection, just in case. Wasen't cheap, but I have the parts.

#307 11 months ago

recently ordered and had wrong coils sent...could not believe how quickly jimmy sent the correct parts AND told me to keep the ones they sent.

with the amount of parts and orders they get (especially during covid) mistakes are inevitable but they are crazy great at making things right!
    Absolutely my go to for parts...no one comes close!!!

Thank you PBR

#308 11 months ago

Last year it seemed like there was always either a check in the mail to PBR or they were sending me something or both at the same time. Small errors do happen from time to time and Jimmy never hesitated a dedicated shipment if something was missing. Sometimes something would arrive of higher value than I order so I tell him to just bill me the difference next order. Never had a disagreement and things were always made right.

The only funny goof was I ordered a bumper cap set and one had a heavy fingerprint molded in from assuming the hot stamper. So we’ll always know who was working if that comes into question. And yes I did get that one replaced.

#309 11 months ago

Does he have parts for all era/manufacturer games? His "website" is gottlieb heavy but I'd much rather order bally/williams stuff from him if he has it. I try to keep my word count very low when ordering over the phone so I haven't asked about all of his inventory.

#310 11 months ago
    Quoted from sullivcd40:

Does he have parts for all era/manufacturer games? His "website" is gottlieb heavy but I'd much rather order bally/williams stuff from him if he has it. I try to keep my word count very low when ordering over the phone so I haven't asked about all of his inventory.

Generally speaking yes. He has stuff from all over the place from mfg and time period but as you noticed he’s GTB heavy.

#311 11 months ago

I’ve ordered for bunches of Williams machines and only rarely couldn’t get what I needed. Always worth asking

#312 11 months ago
    Quoted from sullivcd40:Does he have parts for all era/manufacturer games? His "website" is gottlieb heavy but I'd much rather order bally/williams stuff from him if he has it. I try to keep my word count very low when ordering over the phone so I haven't asked about all of his inventory.

From PBR home page: "We have something on the high side of 10,000,000 parts available in stock" "don't see it, ask"

Over the years I have called and asked about some Williams parts (70's EM) & Steve had what I needed.

#313 11 months ago

Called this morning got him on the first ring ordered 10 items less than two minuets, made my day!

#314 11 months ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Just a letter T. Been ordering over 20 years.

Me to t-2xx been ordering for 2 decades.
    last summer I traveled to NY and bought a car in poughkipse and made the side trip to visit with him. Just like I imagined fun to talk with showed me the whole operation. Very impressive organizational skills all parts in an huge warehouse plus the workshop with coil winding eq, the dies, hot stamping equipment. Was cool to see and plus there is a portrait of the soup nazi on the wall. He was very hospitable and I thanked him for all the years of great service. Steve is the man when it comes to Gotlieb and other em pinball parts.
    Al

#315 11 months ago

Spoke with Steve this morning for an order. He did mention that email is down right now and to call all orders in if anyone is trying to get through.

#316 11 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Generally speaking yes. He has stuff from all over the place from mfg and time period but as you noticed he’s GTB heavy.

Yeah, I ordered a bunch of solid state stuff this morning from him for Willams and Bally tables. He even had some opto sensors that I needed in stock.

#317 11 months ago

Talked to him this afternoon and put in a pretty large order. He saved me quite a bit with some practical advice. "Don't buy this. Just swap parts with the game count unit. That thing barely gets used." A great resource.

#318 11 months ago

Email is open again and ready for orders

#319 11 months ago
    Quoted from That370Z:

Who’s taking orders?

#320 11 months ago
    Quoted from That370Z:

#321 11 months ago
    Quoted from That370Z:

Is it you, Lou?

#322 11 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Who’s taking orders?

Quoted from jrpinball:

Is it you, Lou?

Yes, I will be on email. I’m no Jimmy, but hopefully in time I will get there. I look forward to talking and working with you all

#323 11 months ago
    Quoted from That370Z:

Yes, I will be on email. I’m no Jimmy, but hopefully in time I will get there. I look forward to talking and working with you all

Excellent! I’ll get working on my next order next couple weeks for you looking forward to working with you!

#324 11 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Excellent! I’ll get working on my next order next couple weeks for you looking forward to working with you!

Lou is a great guy. I'm sure he'll be very effective, and pleasing to deal with.

#325 11 months ago

Good, I'm pleased that the email service is available once again

#326 11 months ago

I'll be placing an order this week!

#327 11 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Lou is a great guy. I'm sure he'll be very effective, and pleasing to deal with.

was really impressed, placed an order via email at work yesterday morning. got a reply from lou about 15 minutes later saying all good.

1 week later
    #328 11 months ago

Thanks for the awesomely quick email order last week, Lou!

#329 11 months ago

Been doing business with PBR since 1996 and they always take care of me and they are the first call on everything.

#330 11 months ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

. I have no idea if they used all the letters (Q, Y, Z?).

Quoted from metallik:

I'm a Q so at least that one got used.

I’m y7xx, so Y also used. been a customer since 2002 give or take a year or two

#331 11 months ago

I'm S946. First order late 90's

#332 11 months ago

Love Steve and PBR, but getting concerned that many EM common parts are out and told won’t be made again.

I have received only one type of spring in the last half dozen or more requested. Unless you have one to send to a spring former to review you are probably out of luck getting it made.

#333 11 months ago
    Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Love Steve and PBR, but getting concerned that many EM common parts are out and told won’t be made again.
    I have received only one type of spring in the last half dozen or more requested. Unless you have one to send to a spring former to review you are probably out of luck getting it made.

Start hoarding parts games if you plan to stay in the EM side of the hobby. Every time I go there, he tells me another sad tale of critical parts that are not made any more. He does the best that he can.

#334 11 months ago

Made a list of components for assemblies I wanted to revitalize, did my due diligence for finding any part numbers I could, sent Lou an email, and a few days later PBR delivers with a nice box to help me with my project. It’s nice that PBR has the knowledge and helps with finding you the appropriate parts

1 week later
    #335 11 months ago

A note from Lou:

Jimmy has now retired and I have started taking over email.

Your order has been received and will now be processed.

Thanks for the order!

- Lou

#336 11 months ago
    Quoted from wayner:

A note from Lou:
    Jimmy has now retired and I have started taking over email.
    Your order has been received and will now be processed.
    Thanks for the order!
    - Lou

Talked to Steve on Thursday, and he told me Jimmy retired and they did some deep cleaning at the warehouse. Check the specials page, it’s huge!!!

#337 10 months ago

Ordered a couple things from Pinball resource today. Don’t know how much I spent, guess I’ll know once I get the invoice. It is different.

#338 10 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Ordered a couple things from Pinball resource today. Don’t know how much I spent, guess I’ll know once I get the invoice. It is different.

Probably a lot less that what others would charge you.

#339 10 months ago
    Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Probably a lot less that what others would charge you.

I didn’t ask total because I know it’s gonna be reasonable.

#340 10 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I didn’t ask total because I know it’s gonna be reasonable.

When I order I ask for the invoice to be emailed to me so I can pay it right away.

#341 10 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

When I order I ask for the invoice to be emailed to me so I can pay it right away.

Lol wut?

#342 10 months ago

So I don’t forget to send payment in. I like to pay as quickly as possible. I’ve forgotten before if I wait.

#343 10 months ago

Chuckwurt - So did Steve sic the dogs on you? He told me he doesn't send them till about 30 days...

#344 10 months ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Chuckwurt - So did Steve sic the dogs on you? He told me he doesn't send them till about 30 days...

The couple times I have forgotten, Jimmy sends me a reminder email at around 30 days.

I’ve never spoken to Steve. Actually, maybe once. I’m Email all the way.

#345 10 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

The couple times I have forgotten, Jimmy sends me a reminder email at around 30 days.
    I’ve never spoken to Steve. Actually, maybe once. I’m Email all the way.

Do you lose the invoice? Comes with the parts, LOL

#346 10 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Do you lose the invoice? Comes with the parts, LOL

The first thing I ever do when I open the box is write the check and put it in an envelope! Then I look at my parts like a kid on Christmas morning

#347 10 months ago

I ordered parts from Steve a long time ago, I ordered new drop targets for my “cleopatra” EM, and although he did send me the five correct color drop targets, the green one had a white star burst on it instead of being plain. Had trouble convincing him he actually made a mistake. Later I placed another order a replacement green drop target for an “el dorado city of gold”, it was the correct design, but I thought they’d be the original ones to match the old ones, which are like a lime color and the new ones are a dark hunter green. Didn’t match at all, so I just went ahead and ordered an entire set so they’d all match. I just remember those situations a little frustrating, not being able to see what you were getting. But this was like 20 years ago, they may email pics now not sure? Just beware ordering Gottlieb drop targets

#348 10 months ago

I'm using now Pay Bill option from my Chase account - it sends a paper check on my behalf - I have PBR as a payee saved and I just have to change the memo with the current invoice number - works really well.

#349 10 months ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

I'm using now Pay Bill option from my Chase account - it sends a paper check on my behalf - I have PBR as a payee saved and I just have to change the memo with the current invoice number - works really well.

This sounds great. The only reason why I still have physical checks and envelopes is because of PBR. Haha

#350 10 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

This sounds great. The only reason why I still have physical checks and envelopes is because of PBR. Haha

virtually every bank does this bill pay for free on their webpage. Easy thing to look for.

There are 517 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-young-s-pinball-resourse/page/7?hl=pinballizfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.