(Topic ID: 310956)

Steve Young P.B.R $$$$

By BRONX

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2F76FF11-07F2-4E62-A9E3-B83D2C957ADB (resized).jpeg
    17E607F8-1227-405B-B73B-AFAF65AAA835 (resized).png
    A381FCC8-03AF-4F62-ADF6-3B5CDD6BF0AE (resized).jpeg
    14D916AC-4327-47F2-A61B-12F79A4A16AF (resized).jpeg
    8D1ED8BF-695A-4DD8-8DAA-23F26EEB1A6E (resized).jpeg
    E8B5F6E7-ED9E-4D2E-8BE0-99F6326EB40C (resized).jpeg
    4637D79F-41FB-44E7-A997-041FFAF76655 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220301_142226 (resized).jpg
    sdfsdffdssdf (resized).png
    gdgdfdgd (resized).png
    giphy (5).gif
    Screenshot_2022-02-28-15-45-36-550 (resized).jpg
    gif.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20220228_172453 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220228_230013 (resized).jpg
    There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

I'm curious how the heck these guys survive on, no PayPal, no credit cards, no this and no that? And even worse for vendors outside USA. ?
    My question to you pinsiders, with all of these payment restrictions, whats the most cash You put inside inside envelope via USPS and prayed Steve Young got It????
    $20???
    $30???
    $40??
    $100?
    LoL
    Hopefully this "Jimmy" guy. I guess it's Steve's email responder convinces Steve to take credit cards or PayPal soon.....

Shipping internationally sucks for a small business. I have lost more money in the last two years than the past 8 shipping internationally and having my merch just disappear. Don't even get me started on the EU BS and VAT taxes.

Steve's been in business a long time and is quite happy and doing quite well. Clearly you need him more than he needs you.

#152 2 years ago

So wait...is The Bronx from The Bronx NY, or Bronx, Canada?

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I've amazingly never had Steve be rude or short with me in any way.

i don't believe that for a minute. he can't help it.

#154 2 years ago

CrazyLevi
    I'm from Hamilton Ontario Canada. I spent alot of time in the Bronx Ny. Almost moved back around 2011/2012 near the Bronx Zoo area(Belmont) but my gf from Queens NY wasent totally on board!!! I love the Bronx. It's in my heart. Would I move there now? Prices skyrocketed, just like everything else. So not sure. But Throggs neck, Morris Park, Pelham Bay, Riverdale, Belmont, Mott Haven. I love it all

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Um.....@flyinnibus. Ok I see your point but let's take a closer look. NAFTA was created for many reasons but let's look deep into the free flowing supply of goods through North American supply chain like it one big giant country.

NONE OF THIS MATTERS to your complaint. If I'm in Alaska I don't get to complain to people that my costs are higher even though Alaska is truly domestic and tariff free.

Doing business with Canadian customers is more expensive - deal with it. Shipping is more expensive. Admin is more expensive. Currency fees/handling. Etc. None of that has anything to do with tariffs or legislation barring them.

As a Canadian you have constraints when buying from PBR because there are greater costs and differences when dealing with Canada. Find a Canadian parts supplier if you don't want to deal with those cross-border challenges. (and guess what.. you find they aren't as cheap as buying in the US)

#156 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

The irony here is the "plastic milk bags" was invented by DuPont(U S.A) and it took-off in Canada when we ditched the imperial system to the metric system.... It's was easier for milk producers to use these funny bags when metric was introduced rather than tweaking the assembly line for the upcoming changes in metric conversions. Problem solved!!! It was cheaper for the company to use these groovy plastic milk bags and consumers liked it, so it's still being used today ..... And for our eco & vegan lovers out there..... These silly Canadian plastic milk bags are better for environment, less carbon foot print then carboard cartons, less plastic usage then the American style milk jerry-cans. It's basically a big stupid milk condom and it works
    :0)

I remember as a kid in NJ they tried that for a while. We had a similar "milk pitcher" for the bags. This would have probably been in the early '70s. It lasted maybe about a year, and then sort of fizzled out.

#157 2 years ago

@flynnibus. Yes you are on point. S&h is alot more expensive than I'm guessing your traditional USPS domestic rate, and unfortunately the $cad dollar gets no love out there $100 usd is fetching $128 cad. Wages are probably similar, so the currency conversion absolutely stinks. Probably appealing for American tourists to visit Canada for on the cheap!!! Go USA go!!! I can start a whole new thread on the $cad, but let's stay on point. I have used a few local suppliers for bulbs and stuff. Steve's PbR from what I see has more products, and pretty complete, especially for Em's that parts are harder to find... That's why I'm here!!! Also why his funky ship now, pay later, and his groovy payment options tweaked my interests. I would like to visit pbr manufacturing facility on my next USA trip once people learn to live with corona. In the mean time, happy pinballing my fellow pinsiders.

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Also why his funky ship now, pay later, and his groovy payment options tweaked my interests

That's how many transactions take place in a business-to-business setting. However, this process is unusual for individual customers.

#159 2 years ago

@mbeardsley. That's probably correct. When my father came from the old country,into Canada. He remembers the milkman in the mid to late 1960s, alot of glass return policy for milk then, carboard cartons, and those American style milk jerry-cans were widely used in Canada. Somewhere I'm guessing early 70s when Canada broke away from the imperial system, there was alot of money being spent on converting over!! similar to the "Y2K" frenzy in the late 90s. I guess DuPont saw the opportunity to capitalize on the milk plastic condom bags and make way like bandits. Worked here in Canada, flopped in Jersey. I'm wondering who got the contract to change all the speed signs from our freeways from mph/kph??? Alot of money was being made in the conversion process. Similar to the "Y2K" era... Cheers to all the DuPont shareholders for revelutionizing the way Canadians buy milk!!! And making Americans think Canadians are silly When ever I have American guests, they are so puzzled with these milk plastic condom bags, but unfortunately they don't like it at all
    Ps...:9( I can't drink milk anymore,don't ask!!!
    Maybe I will send Steve a Canadian style plastic milk bag and see if he puts his guard down a tad on payment options?
    If not.... That's ok

Going to work now. I look forward checking this thread later on, to see all the bashings about me :0)

Till then....... Happy pinsiding.

#160 2 years ago

@forceflow.... I like pbr business model, shipping policy, invoicing. Just new to me.... Here I got one for all my American friends.... I never seen this in NY, jersey or CT.... In Canada you pump your gas in the tank first at any gas station(sort of like Steve shipping parts first before funds) after you are done pumping, you walk in the gas bar and pay(sort of like honering Steve's invoice thing). In America you always pay first then pump, not here!!! It's the complete opposite... Whenever I have guest over from America, they laugh, they think this "honour system" is so 1950s and everyone gets ripped off!! But it actually works here, but strange over by you guys.... Similar to my currosity with Steve's PbR policy and why I started this thread....

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

ForceFlow.... I like pbr business model, shipping policy, invoicing. Just new to me.... Here I got one for all my American friends.... I never seen this in NY, jersey or CT.... In Canada you pump your gas in the tank first at any gas station(sort of like Steve shipping parts first before funds) after you are done pumping, you walk in the gas bar and pay(sort of like honering Steve's invoice thing). In America you always pay first then pump, not here!!! It's the complete opposite... Whenever I have guest over from America, they laugh, they think this "honour system" is so 1950s and everyone gets ripped off!! But it actually works here, but strange over by you guys.... Similar to my currosity with Steve's PbR policy and why I started this thread....

The subset of pinball people who buy stuff from PBR are a bit different than the US population as a whole. This place (USA) is filled with a pretty large ratio of lowlife a-holes. The types that will put some gas in their car and drive off without paying. I've seen people do it. Thus, we all pay first now, because they have to run their business and not constantly lose money. Its no big deal to me, I have to pay for it one way or the other, before or after is good to go.

How secure are the catalytic converters in your cars up there in Canada? You probably never have to worry about such things. We just had another one stolen last night from a car in the neighborhood, this was 3 houses up the street, and the car was in their driveway. This is a common occurrence around here, at least several times a week someone gets hit. I'm shopping for some weld-on protective plates to try to protect my cars. That's what kind of place America is these days. Its pretty damn annoying.

#162 2 years ago

Seems like Otaku is always having a bad day when he stirs up crap here.

#163 2 years ago

@xsvtoys. I hear you. I spent alot of time in the NYC area, things are still kinder in Canada but......
    I will tell you this though....
    When i moved to downtown Hamilton 12yrs ago,population 600,000 so larger than San Francisco, Cleveland, Newark, Buffalo, Boston.... You get my point!!!! I renovated my home, all the windows has no locks? No joke! Neighborhood was safe, even though Hamilton has a really bad reputation in Canada and yes I'm downtown.... Neighborhood had no window locks? Doors were barely licked up when I moved here. But as a courtesy I put window locks, why not???....Besides I was kinda forced to lol
    About a 2 yrs later (10yrs ago) I noticed this opiod epidemic from u.s.a started to spread into Canada, I started to notice a few Derelicts and losers here and there, so I figured it was time to install a house alarm , just to keep the derelects away... I felt safe, and it worked well. I was away from my home alot due to work. About 2 yrs ago, some goofball broke into the shed a stole petty junk, my neighbors car got broken into, weird. Maybe it was desperate COVID times? I shrugged it off since I did purchase a home with no locks, with zero issues. Last summer, in front of my lawn a born loser stole a few plants in my garden, and garden stuff I was going to plant, in the middle of the night. This clown also broke into my car and stole a used pair of safety boots, and some crappy chance I had in the ashtray ... So I called up my father's friend and we installed cameras.
    No joke ......
    In 12yrs I had to adapt,
    This house was built over 100yrs ago and for the first 90yrs there was no locks, no cameras, no home alarm!???
    So to sum it up, I think we are all in the same boat!!! xsvtoys

Sucks.....
    Is it safer than most large cities in U.S.A, ummm 12 yrs ago, hands down!!! Today??? Not so sure, but I think so.....
    As for catalytic converters, I have been hearing it's happening here too

Welcome to our new NAFTA world !!!

#164 2 years ago

I have really come to enjoy the periodic Otaku eruptions.
    He's very entertaining.

#166 2 years ago

Long live PBR as it was previously posted. Just glad he has what I need. Happy to do business the way he says at it is HIS business. His business his rules. Thank you Steve!!

#167 2 years ago

I’ve been a customer of Steve Young’s and supported his business for almost 30 years. He is a unique individual who has been a great asset to pinball for almost 50 years. If you don’t like how he does business move on.

I’ve never been to Otakas arcade but I did receive this t shirt after donating to beezleboobs escalera replacement fund.

[Image Removed]

4637D79F-41FB-44E7-A997-041FFAF76655 (resized).jpeg4637D79F-41FB-44E7-A997-041FFAF76655 (resized).jpegE8B5F6E7-ED9E-4D2E-8BE0-99F6326EB40C (resized).jpegE8B5F6E7-ED9E-4D2E-8BE0-99F6326EB40C (resized).jpeg
    #168 2 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I’ve been a customer of Steve Young’s and supported his business for almost 30 years. He is a unique individual who has been a great asset to pinball for almost 50 years. If you don’t like how he does business move on.
    I’ve never been to Otakas arcade but I did receive this t shirt after donating to beezleboobs escalera replacement fund.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Steve Young is great. And #savetheboob beelzeboob

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dead wrong.
    You'd think one small business owner who does things the way he wants to and doesn't want to hear suggestions would respect another small business owner with the same philosophy, but you'd be wrong. Pretty ironic really.
    I'm sure Steve Young has long forgotten about the time he told Steve Gameseum to stop obnoxiously changing the address he wanted his cheap parts order sent. Steve Gameseum should let it go too, it's been like 5 years.
    Now that he's a mature adult and all.

Gameseum posted that he has machines that are the only public examples in the WORLD!
    Damn I thought it was mostly musty EM’s and 80’s video games. Steven please list the rare machines.

8D1ED8BF-695A-4DD8-8DAA-23F26EEB1A6E (resized).jpeg8D1ED8BF-695A-4DD8-8DAA-23F26EEB1A6E (resized).jpeg
    #171 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Run 200 machines 12 hours a day and have been here for 7 years and still not a single PBR order despite how many claim it is necessary

Must have borrowed one of PBR's Escalera's and got banned from ordering

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

That's why I started this post.... Is it safe to send cash in the mail? Has it been done safely by you pinsiders in the past??

You never send cash. Just go the the post office where you are going to mail his letter and get a US Postal Money order.. easy peasy. This is not that hard and not even worthy of this question thread. I for one as a small business owner that pays unreal credit card processing fees applaud Steve for his business model.

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum: Run 200 machines 12 hours a day and have been here for 7 years

14D916AC-4327-47F2-A61B-12F79A4A16AF (resized).jpeg14D916AC-4327-47F2-A61B-12F79A4A16AF (resized).jpeg
    #174 2 years ago

He's not lying.

That day just happens to be Saturday.

#175 2 years ago

But if he truly believes it, it’s not a lie.

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just closed, not deleted.
    There's a point at which just dogpiling onto a situation just isn't really isn't productive for anyone.

I stand corrected...here it is on all it's glory, if anybody wants to take Gameseum's/Otaku's biased critique of PBR in any kind of context.

I will say it's a pretty hilarious thread, and a sign of moderation has tightened up around here over the past five years (not complaining just an observation!). The shit we used to get away with!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/awful-first-experience-with-pbr-any-good-alternatives

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I stand corrected...here it is on all it's glory, if anybody wants to take Gameseum's/Otaku's biased critique of PBR in any kind of context.

The best part of his coming back and starting this up again is he's actually not supposed to be allowed to post on pinside anymore. He closed his account 3 times (on his own) which is as you know three strikes and you're out for good yet here he is posting through a business ad account.............

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I wish Steve were half as cranky as his reputation and spiteful enough to spot threads like this so he could black ball dumbasses.

Quoting myself seems so silly, but I wrote that having no idea that Gameseum was Otaku.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I will say it's a pretty hilarious thread, and a sign of moderation has tightened up around here over the past five years. The shit we used to get away with!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/awful-first-experience-with-pbr-any-good-alternatives

Still funny as Hell.

I often think people exaggerate things about Steve since damn - every time I call him I have a blast. He's fun to BS with! Mention what game you're working on - he's more than once made sure I was ordering the right thing. Only time he's ever chided me was when I stupidly said I needed two flipper rebuild kits when he knew I was working on a Jacks Open. "Jacks Open only has two flippers - what the Hell are you doing?"

My most recent order was going to be upwards of $600 so I called ahead of time just to make sure it would be cool with him. I've ordered a fair amount, but I know my account is small potatoes to him so I wanted to make sure I wasn't being nuts. I call him up to tell him what I'm planning and that I was going to do it via email since it's a big ass list of parts. He checks my account says - you're good to go, thanks for checking. Then we proceeded to just BS for damn near as long as it would have taken to order the parts in the first place. I hang up laughing to myself wondering how people ever get on his bad side.

Read that thread. That's how.

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Long live PBR as it was previously posted. Just glad he has what I need. Happy to do business the way he says at it is HIS business. His business his rules. Thank you Steve!!

Steve is Great! Way back in the late 1990’s I got worried certain not so common parts would/could be hard/impossible to locate in the future. He tried to talk me OUT of buying a swing arm target assembly for DE Star Trek and a few other things. He would always say if there’s demand for an obscure part someone will step up and eventually make it.

Phone conversations with him are always a learning experience. He instantly spouts out obscure part numbers at a moments notice.

He is a huge asset to Pinball!

#180 2 years ago

Phone conversations with him are always a learning experience. He instantly spouts out obscure part numbers at a moments notice.

That's something else that amuses / confuses me. Everyone knows the mantra - have your customer number and part numbers ready. Yet I'm pretty damn sure I've never needed a single part number. The second I say the name of a part - he can spit that part number out off the top of his head faster than I can read it to him anyway.

The guy is just a walking talking encyclopedia.

I once called to order a few coils amongst other things. A rare case where I didn't mention a machine at the start of a call. I swear to God - two coils into my list and he says "What, you working on a Contact or something?" Yes, yes I was. I asked how in the world he just guessed that and he laughed. "Wasn't really a guess."

#181 2 years ago

Great Guy Alert Steve Young

Great Company Alert Pinball Resource

Great Cabinet Maker Alert Kirk Weaver

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

That's something else that amuses / confuses me. Everyone knows the mantra - have your customer number and part numbers ready. Yet I'm pretty damn sure I've never needed a single part number. The second I say the name of a part - he can spit that part number out off the top of his head faster than I can read it to him anyway.
    The guy is just a walking talking encyclopedia.
    I once called to order a few coils amongst other things. A rare case where I didn't mention a machine at the start of a call. I swear to God - two coils into my list and he says "What, you working on a Contact or something?" Yes, yes I was. I asked how in the world he just guessed that and he laughed. "Wasn't really a guess."

Pincyclopedia!

#183 2 years ago

I just remembered - I need to call PBR and place an order. Time to dust off the checkbook.

#184 2 years ago

I can picture a guy with a personality like Steve’s operating the $1 grilled cheese trailer.

17E607F8-1227-405B-B73B-AFAF65AAA835 (resized).png17E607F8-1227-405B-B73B-AFAF65AAA835 (resized).pngA381FCC8-03AF-4F62-ADF6-3B5CDD6BF0AE (resized).jpegA381FCC8-03AF-4F62-ADF6-3B5CDD6BF0AE (resized).jpeg
    #185 2 years ago

I hope, that at this very second, Steve is sitting back in his comfy rolling chair at PBR, and lighting a fine cigar with a crumpled dollar bill someone mailed him all scrooge mcduck-like, knowing that he is personally making some people's lives absolute hell, instead of just writing a damn check or sending a money order, like the directions CLEARLY state all over HIS webpage and HIS literature.

Maybe I should start a clearing house for a percentage for those that don't want to deal with "Cranky, mean old Steve!"?, ala essentially marco or some of the others, who charge extra for the convenience of ordering through their website.

On second thought, some of the best customers you can get are the ones you don't take...

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

On second thought, some of the best customers you can get are the ones you don't take...

Well said.

#187 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

That's the secret, isn't it?

It's always hilarious to look at doofuses like Otaku saying moronic things like "Steve is shooting himself in the foot!!!" by refusing to mollycoddle people who act like children, and refusing to cave to their whims. No he's not...he's doing EXACTLY what he aims to do: eliminate interacting with idiots and pain in the asses.

At the same time, he's protecting all of us. That's fewer people trying to call and clogging up the phone lines him with complaints, address changes, shipping changes etc. etc. By filtering them out from the get go, not only does he not have to deal with them, neither do we.

Basically, he's a genius.

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

You could probably count on one hand the number of companies that will package up and send you a big stack of cool shit on only the promise that you will then mail them back a small piece of paper with their payment.
    When I get that box of cool shit, I get that invoice and I write that check and send it, stat.

Yep, this is the way Wico did it. In the 1970's, when I started doing home pin repairs, I became aware of Wico from the trade journals. Their prices were way lower than the local distributors (one for Williams and another for Bally & Gottlieb) even with shipping. With a toll-free number too. I called in my first order. They had me mail a check and then the box came. From then on, I would call it in and the box came slang with a bill & payment coupon. It was net 10 days and I lived in Detroit and they were in Niles, Illinois. No sales tax either.

Steve carries on the tradition....

#189 2 years ago

In sales we say if you're gonna lose, lose quickly and some customers you have to fire.

#190 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

That 1099k thing doesn’t apply to personal transfers. Ie, not done with a business account, no 1099k. But if you’re doing business with a personal account, you open yourself up to possible audit.
    This includes Zelle.

True. All transactions sent as "Friends and Family" on PayPal and Venmo are not subject to the 1099K reporting. For now. Trust me, once the IRS gets word of PayPal and Venmo's 10000% increase in F&F transactions and corresponding drop in Goods and Services transactions, those will get taxed, too.

Zelle reports nothing to the IRS. Zelle puts all responsibility to report on the individual. If you're receiving money to your business and not reporting it, you're opening yourself up to possible audit, regardless of payment method, even cash.

https://www.zellepay.com/faq/does-zelle-report-how-much-money-i-receive-irs
    https://www.zellepay.com/faq/i-have-small-business-account-will-zelle-report-how-much-money-i-receive-irs

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

True. All transactions sent as "Friends and Family" on PayPal and Venmo are not subject to the 1099K reporting. For now. Trust me, once the IRS gets word of PayPal and Venmo's 10000% increase in F&F transactions and corresponding drop in Goods and Services transactions, those will get taxed, too.

Just like when Ebay had to starting including shipping fees as part of the auction price. " $10.00 for the car and $5,000.00 shipping fees."

#192 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

CrazyLevi
    I'm from Hamilton Ontario Canada. I spent alot of time in the Bronx Ny. Almost moved back around 2011/2012 near the Bronx Zoo area(Belmont) but my gf from Queens NY wasent totally on board!!! I love the Bronx. It's in my heart. Would I move there now? Prices skyrocketed, just like everything else. So not sure. But Throggs neck, Morris Park, Pelham Bay, Riverdale, Belmont, Mott Haven. I love it all

Oh man, I love Hamilton! We have family up there and are looking forward to visiting again now that the boarders have opened up!

To go back to your original question, though, cash in the mail, can you do it? Yes. Should you do it? Probably not. It's a gamble, if it gets lost, you lose the money and the post office isn't necessarily known for its reliability. If you're sending $5, maybe the cost of getting a check or money order cut isn't worth it, but it doesn't take much more to tip the scales.

I can picture a guy with a personality like Steve’s operating the $1 grilled cheese trailer. [quoted image][quoted image]

See, if it was just that venmo quote, I'd be like, "Okay, boomer", but with the whole trailer, it's hilarious. Perfect example of context matters, exactly like it does with Steve. He's great.

Too bad that photo is 100% shopped...

#193 2 years ago

Have any of you ever met Steve or Jimmy in person??? Seems like everyone want to be buddies with S&J, you pinsiders know alot about these two lads. .... Or do all of you only know Steve from telephone.
    Do these guys (PBR) attend trade shows?

#194 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Have any of you ever met Steve or Jimmy in person??? Seems like everyone want to be buddies with S&J, you pinsiders know alot about these two lads. .... Or do all of you only know Steve from telephone.

I’ve met steve several times he used to go to Allentown every year.

Those days are long past. It wasn’t worth the effort for him to haul all of stuff there.

There’s some footage here, on my old public access cable show, of Steve, about 14 minutes in.

You’ll see how steve behaves like such an ogre!!! He’s truly a monster:

#195 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Have any of you ever met Steve or Jimmy in person???

Yes. (Not me)

Quoted from BRONX:

Not anymore.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-tour-in-pictures-through-steve-youngs-pinball-resource

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve met steve several times he used to go to Allentown every year.
    Those days are long past. It wasn’t worth the effort for him to haul all of stuff there.
    There’s some footage here, on my old public access cable show, of Steve, about 14 minutes in.
    You’ll see how steve behaves like such an ogre!!! He’s truly a monster:

Thanks Levi,

It is nice to see what the man looks like.

#197 2 years ago

Ah, here again another thread devolves into the expected Steve Young as “Malignant Pinball Shaman” Pinside trope! It must be a butthurt snowflake thing, because I had uniformly faultless experiences and interactions with him/PBR (and sometimes I was unsure of the part#, lol). (I haven’t placed an order since about ‘07, maybe he has gotten cranky more recently?)

I had no issue with the payment terms, and neither should anyone else, IMO! I mean, it’s ridiculously straightforward: all it takes to establish yourself in good standing with him is to prepay for the first order (several options), then on subsequent orders he TRUSTS YOUR ETHICS and sends your goodies with an invoice. This kind of old-school “gentlemen’s handshake” square-dealing is vanishingly rare in this day and age, and any man who is willing to give this kind of benefit of the doubt to a total stranger based upon a single transaction is most certainly NOT a jerk!

#198 2 years ago

Thermionic
    Actually all pinsiders!!!

Curious in the year 2022ad, if you would operate on the Steve Young business model? I will ship you now! & You pay me later???

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Thermionic
    Actually all pinsiders!!!
    Curious in the year 2022ad, if you would operate on the Steve Young business model? I will ship you now! & You pay me later???

The better question would be for you to ask Steve that if he was starting out today would he still use his current business model?

#200 2 years ago

I tried calling a few days ago, can't get through?
    So, if Steve is stubborn & I'm hot tempered, so I try to call again tomorrow?

Yes no. Maybe

There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-young-pbr-/page/4?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.