(Topic ID: 310956)

Steve Young P.B.R $$$$

By BRONX

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2F76FF11-07F2-4E62-A9E3-B83D2C957ADB (resized).jpeg
    17E607F8-1227-405B-B73B-AFAF65AAA835 (resized).png
    A381FCC8-03AF-4F62-ADF6-3B5CDD6BF0AE (resized).jpeg
    14D916AC-4327-47F2-A61B-12F79A4A16AF (resized).jpeg
    8D1ED8BF-695A-4DD8-8DAA-23F26EEB1A6E (resized).jpeg
    E8B5F6E7-ED9E-4D2E-8BE0-99F6326EB40C (resized).jpeg
    4637D79F-41FB-44E7-A997-041FFAF76655 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220301_142226 (resized).jpg
    sdfsdffdssdf (resized).png
    gdgdfdgd (resized).png
    giphy (5).gif
    Screenshot_2022-02-28-15-45-36-550 (resized).jpg
    gif.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20220228_172453 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220228_230013 (resized).jpg
    There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 2 years ago

I'm curious how the heck these guys survive on, no PayPal, no credit cards, no this and no that? And even worse for vendors outside USA. ?

My question to you pinsiders, with all of these payment restrictions, whats the most cash You put inside inside envelope via USPS and prayed Steve Young got It????
    $20???
    $30???
    $40??
    $100?
    LoL
    Hopefully this "Jimmy" guy. I guess it's Steve's email responder convinces Steve to take credit cards or PayPal soon.....

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

whats the most cash You put inside inside envelope via USPS and prayed Steve Young got It????

I have mailed as much as $700,000.00 and never had a problem

#4 2 years ago

Keep in mind, there are fees for sellers who use PayPal and cards. There are no fees for checks.

Don't send cash. Just send a check. Or contact your your bank to see if they can send a check for you. Some online banking systems will have a method to do this already in place.

#5 2 years ago

His intl order check policy is it has to be on a USA bank on us$$$$. We don't have Wachovia, bank of America, Chase Manhattan or Wells Fargo here in Canada, And PBR charges $15usd on non USA bank orders ??? LoL

#6 2 years ago

Everyone thinks Steve does his business because he needs to. He is one of the rare breeds who enjoys doing things his way and not to make huge profits.
    He could probably close up shop tommorow walk away,not work another day and live a prosperous life.

#7 2 years ago

Most online transaction retailers are done online and with a click of a mouse. Steve is old school.

#8 2 years ago

Simple: don't order if you don't like the payment methods. Why even post about it? Thinking a troll...

#9 2 years ago

BROX - did someone urinate in your cheerios?
    Don't like his business model - don't buy from him. Really that simple.

#10 2 years ago

I like Steve's attitude and his way or highway. But am I safe to send $65usd via USPS? How nice are U.S.A postal workers & how's there honesty?? Good guys???

#11 2 years ago

That's why I started this post.... Is it safe to send cash in the mail? Has it been done safely by you pinsiders in the past??

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

I like Steve's attitude and his way or highway. But am I safe to send $65usd via USPS? How nice are U.S.A postal workers & how's there honesty?? Good guys???

Just. Don't. Buy.
    IF you're that pissed off; you should take a chill pill and order from someone else that meets your expectation.
    Why do people always try to make it personal?

#13 2 years ago

You should never send cash in the mail unless you're prepared to potentially lose it. It will probably get there, but maybe not, and if it disappears you're SOL.

#14 2 years ago

Canadians can send money with wise.com. What’s the big deal?

That’s how I pay PBR.

#15 2 years ago

Look Zitt I just asked a simple question? What's the most anyone sent via USPS in cash? That's all
    Steve is great
    Pbr is perfect
    I'm curious, that's all
    Cheers

#16 2 years ago

Never used wise? Does wise take credit cards? Never heard of them. I never ordered with PBR before. I don't see this wise option on there website

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Look Zitt I just asked a simple question? What's the most anyone sent via USPS in cash? That's all
    Steve is great
    Pbr is perfect
    I'm curious, that's all
    Cheers

$150.00 US

#18 2 years ago

I will look into WISE, thank you dr_nybble

#19 2 years ago

Ask Jimmy for the details on payment options.

#20 2 years ago

After an intensive ten second google search, here is what the USPS recommends:

“The Postal Service does not prohibit sending cash in the mail and reminds customers about the options they have. It is advisable to send money via a personal or certified check or money order, as these are traceable and a stop payment can be put on a check if it doesn’t arrive at its destination. If a person does decide to mail cash, it can be insured. USPS also offers Registered Mail – the Postal Service's most secure mail service.”

#21 2 years ago

$150 usd wow. Looks like Steve PBR is pretty honest fellow.
    Stand-up guy
    Hard to find

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Steve is great
    Pbr is perfect
    I'm curious, that's all
    Cheers

I've been around long enough to know you don't pop a ZITT, or poop on Steve. YMMV

#23 2 years ago

Thanks @mudflaps. I might use that option to get away with high transaction fees if this WISE service dosent pan-out. I'm not to internet savvy. I guess me and Steve are in the same boat

#24 2 years ago

I’ve sent cash via USPS for non pinball stuff and never had an issue. Just like stepping outside, everything comes with risk.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Thanks Mudflaps. I might use that option to get away with high transaction fees if this WISE service dosent pan-out. I'm not to internet savvy. I guess me and Steve are in the same boat

Steve has an iPad in his office actually. He’s a pretty sharp, dude
    Credit card companies suck. They make you follow a crapton of rules and data protection methods and require a lot of crap in order to start accepting credit cards.
    But then if they get hacked and lose hundreds of thousands of SSN’s and private customer info. Too bad so sad, they don’t care.

CC’s are trash and checks cost nothing. Also I knew of someone in Italy saying they’ve sent $400 to Steve in an envelope before. Insure it and you’ll be alright. Pinball machines cost a hell of a lot more.

#26 2 years ago

As an Australian, the last time i went to my bank to get an check made in US$, there was nobody at the branch (main one in town) that knew how to do it

But Steve does allow electronic funds sent by a company that he trusts, and I found that service acceptable

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

That's why I started this post.... Is it safe to send cash in the mail? Has it been done safely by you pinsiders in the past??

I have used USPS money order... back in the day... I had no checking.

#28 2 years ago

Hey Bronx - you know what? Blow it out your butt! I've been buying from Steve Young, not for years - but for decades! I place an order, he sends the parts. Usually within 2 days. Absolutely zero money up front. He sends the parts and I send him a check. Case closed. Who else do you know that does business like that? You have a problem with him, buy from Marco or somebody else.

#29 2 years ago

I send cash only after Steve yells at me.

#30 2 years ago

American express traveler checks.
    Do they still make those?

#31 2 years ago

I’ve sent Steve checks for years and years

Now I use bill pay which is essentially a check mailed and drawn by the bank

Never an issue

JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PART #

Never made that mistake again

#32 2 years ago

Pinside bingo card:

OBO definition thread? Check.
    PBR only takes checks bitch thread? Check.
    Free space.
    Clown puke led thread? Check.
    Just need a new price bubble thread and I'll have it.

#33 2 years ago

I've amazingly never had Steve be rude or short with me in any way.

#34 2 years ago

Most Cash was $86,000 Registered Mail USPS.
    Highest Value in USPS, around $230,000 also, registered mail, in goods.
    Both arrived.

Hope this helps.

#35 2 years ago

I had the pleasure of talking with Steve the other day. I got off the phone and wished I had 8-10 mil to be able to buy his business. Course I don’t have near the expertise he does! It is pretty clear to me that Steve chooses to do this and does not need to. When Steve decided one day to close up shop and if there is not a suitor, many of us will be screwed for parts that we may need. He supplies lots of the big guys.

Thanks Steve for being there and especially for your expertise.

G

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Steve is great
    Pbr is perfect
    I'm curious, that's all
    Cheers

Steve accepts 'Canada Post' money orders that are in U.S. Dollars.

#37 2 years ago

Sending cash in the mail is completely safe. A lot of people have false concerns about the mail, but if it's safe enough for universal mail-in voting, it's safe enough to send cash. They wouldn't let everyone vote through the mail if it wasn't 100% safe and secure. So don't worry about it.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

it's safe enough for universal mail-in voting, it's safe enough to send cash.

Except it isn't... just as your favorite political Rightest.
    That said; this is just bad advise.
    It's not completely safe. Do you know how many letters get damaged in a year? How many gift cards go missing?
    Don't send something you don't want lost for good. I'm pretty sure USPS does not insure cash.
    There you go; send cash via registered mail:
    https://faq.usps.com/s/article/What-are-the-Limits-for-Insuring-Cash-and-Checks

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

His intl order check policy is it has to be on a USA bank on us$$$$. We don't have Wachovia, bank of America, Chase Manhattan or Wells Fargo here in Canada, And PBR charges $15usd on non USA bank orders ??? LoL

FYI, Wachovia got bought by Wells Fargo a while back.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Sending cash in the mail is completely safe. A lot of people have false concerns about the mail, but if it's safe enough for universal mail-in voting, it's safe enough to send cash. They wouldn't let everyone vote through the mail if it wasn't 100% safe and secure. So don't worry about it.

Unless your envelope was in this US Mail Truck.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

There's the risk that the receiver will just say "I didn't get it" and then you're out the money. Money orders can at least be traced.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Hopefully this "Jimmy" guy. I guess it's Steve's email responder convinces Steve to take credit cards or PayPal soon.....

He's been doing it this way since 1977. Don't hold your breath.
    That's 21 years longer than Paypal, by the way.

#43 2 years ago

I'm old enough to remember ordering from him his way when his way was the only way anybody could do it.

#44 2 years ago

I find ordering from pbr easy from Canada
    Just phone or email order… then when you received order just use Western Union app and pay from my phone.
    Prior 2 years what I did was pick up my order from post office then while there get a money order done up and mail it to him which worked good too.

#45 2 years ago

In the real old days I had to write my order with a quill pen on a piece of papyrus, stuff it in a bottle along with a few gold nuggets and cork it, drive 50 miles to Long Beach harbor and fling it in the ocean hoping it made it all the way to the East coast.

#46 2 years ago

If there's ANY online payment processing system he could go to that's fairly stressless, it'd be Zelle. Zero fees for personal OR business transfers and they don't report ANYTHING to the IRS. They leave that reporting work up to the business, since they should be doing it anyway. They're also exempt from the new $600 threshold for payment processing income tax money grab, meaning he could take in $100k in a year through Zelle and he'd never receive a 1099K from them. If he were to set up a separate and unique bank account just for incoming orders, he could transfer whatever funds show up in it for orders as soon as they arrive to keep that account at a near zero balance, if he was worried for any reason. It's what I do with my eBay income account.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Is it safe to send cash in the mail? Has it been done safely by you pinsiders in the past??

IMG_20220228_230013 (resized).jpgIMG_20220228_230013 (resized).jpg
    #48 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I've amazingly never had Steve be rude or short with me in any way.

Call him up. Tell him you're Canadian, don't have a part number and want to pay with Bitcoin via Venmo.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

My banks charge me $20 to cash a Canadian check/Money order, so the $15 is justified.

#50 2 years ago

You better have your part number ready. That’s all I’m saying. Just kidding Steve is great. Never had an issue. Back when is was into Gottlieb games.

There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-young-pbr- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.