49 days ago

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by xsvtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2872 (resized).jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2874 (resized).jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_286e (resized).jpg
    0002690090284_A (resized).jpg
    untitleda (resized).png
    80FCD2CA-20D3-4E5E-8DD8-C37DF1587FA4 (resized).jpeg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 48 days ago

Been buying from PBR for 20 years. Always my 1st choice. Learned early on to accumulate a complete collection of Gottlieb & Bally parts manuals. After buying, restoring and selling dozens of games they are still my 1st choice for parts. Miss them at Allentown, was great to preorder heavy stuff like coin doors and legs and just pick up without shipping cost.

With online bill pay, PBR is pretty much the last checks I write on a consistent basis. Happy to do it still.

#52 47 days ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

Each time I've spoken to him I've found myself hanging on his every word which I don't do often with people. If there was ever a brain to pick it's his.
    Here's an interview of him from a few years ago I stumbled across. (scroll down to episode #376)
    http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/size/10/?search=young
    -Paul

So true! He's like a great professor.

#53 47 days ago

I just got an order in the mail, and as always the whole transaction was great. He stopped me from over-ordering parts to rebuild some pop bumpers that I didn't need, and in the past has suggested parts I should need, and he was right every time. He's a tremendous asset to the hobby, and I'll be a loyal customer always.
    Jim

#54 47 days ago

His flipper rebuild kits are the best out there. The flipper pawls are silver soldered instead of just pressed together. Top quality parts!

#55 47 days ago

Been ordering since 1990 or so. What a platinum source for hard to find parts.

#56 47 days ago

The guy is great. Been ordering from him for almost 20 years.

#57 46 days ago

PBR provides great service at a great price.
    Steve is a great guy to talk with about parts and history. Wealth of knowledge. Great asset to the hobby.

First choice when ordering parts, best prices on majority of parts.

#58 46 days ago

I've been with Steve since PBR was a part-time job for him. In the early days, he fabricated unavailable parts and rewound coils on demand for us to keep games operational. I remember a couple of times he pulled parts off of his personal games to get mine working. He'd say something like "I've got a parts game somewhere with this. I'll send you mine and make a note to go find it when I have time".

There is nobody left that has the knowledge of everything pinball that Steve does. I dread the day he hangs up his phone for good.

#59 46 days ago

So a few years ago I’m on the phone with Steve ordering some stuff (hoping to be ordering properly) and before I hang up I asked him “ hey you wouldn’t happen to have the reset bar thing for a Flight 2000 drop target assembly would you?” He says “ how many drop targets on it?” I said “ well there’s 5 but there are empty spaces in between a couple of them”. So he says “ you need a bar to fit 7 drops, let me check” Two days later, in the box with the rest of my stuff! Who’s better than Steve?

#60 46 days ago

As the owner of three gottlieb EMs plus a solid state Joker Poker, I have slowly been learning about upkeep and repair over the past four years. Steve Young is an amazing resource who is always helpful and never tries to up -sell. As with another Pinsider, I recently had a problem with a ball kick out - before having me buy an entire assembly, Steve walked me through the problem - turned out I just needed a $2 plastic piece that broke. Easy install! Part of the reason I love my Gottlieb machines is the fun I am having keeping them tuned up as well as jazzed up thanks to ‘yellow’ and ‘orange’ dot coils from PBR. “Thank you” Steve Young for making my hobby more satisfying!!

#61 46 days ago

Steve good

#62 46 days ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Steve Young is a good guy.

Yes, he is. You don't even need a poll for this one.

#63 46 days ago

All this long-winded yakking in this thread for nothing, bangerjay says it all in two words.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside