Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

not-prudent.jpeg
    Steve-Young.jpg
    3795f1.jpg
    1404252084000-CRUEEIGHTIES.jpg
    thYV8Y1H63.jpg
    baby.jpg
    IMAG2249.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 8 years ago

I've mentioned this in the past, but I don't have a problem with Steve wanting to stay in the 80's as far as ordering things. If he doesn't want more business, totally fine, that's up to him, I'll just spend more at other places that make me do less work.

What I do find to be somewhat irritating is the fact that none of the Gottlieb manuals are available online. So you have a business that demands part numbers but doesn't give you access to the manuals, then yells at you when you don't have the part numbers, lol.

#128 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There is nothing wrong with his 1980's ordering.
    Nobody has less errors than PBR. (Marco by far has the most, with PBL second)

I must have the worst luck then with PBR, as I'm not sure if I've ever had an order screwed up by PBL or Marco despite 10x more orders to them than PBR. PBR has screwed up three of my orders (out of maybe 6 or 7)? Not major things, but things that made me have to have things reshipped or reordered.

#133 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

PBR is one of the best but so is Marco. The rest fall significantly behind those two as far as product line and inventory goes.

I think it depends on what you're shopping for. It's hard to beat PBL prices on a lot of the common DMD era parts like flipper rebuild kits...those alone are ~$10 cheaper at PBL then Marco or PBR. PBL just doesn't carry a lot of EM or early solid state parts like PBR does, so if that's what you need you're somewhat limited in choices.

#136 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

It's interesting that pinball collectors drop $5000+ on a machine, then are concerned about parts being cheap, instead of demanding quality.

I haven't noticed any problems with the PBL flipper kits, however, I'm not routing games either nor am I super picky. For a home user like me, there's no way I'd ever play enough games to have any issues or notice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-young-bob-roberts-credit-cards?tu=taylor34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.