Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

not-prudent.jpeg
    Steve-Young.jpg
    3795f1.jpg
    1404252084000-CRUEEIGHTIES.jpg
    thYV8Y1H63.jpg
    baby.jpg
    IMAG2249.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

I'm not saying they are a bad company or that I don't want to do business with them. But as a web developer it boggles my mind that anyone would choose to operate an online retail store this way. It's like commuting in a steam engine car because it "works fine".

The moral of the story here is that they are NOT online retailers. They are stores the require the assistance and knowledge of the owner. They have a website to promote the business and provide contact info, but have little interest in becoming an online retailer/website.

The phone is always busy because people are constantly ordering. I love these guys, Steve literally knows everything about old games. Vid sums it up nicely above

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The real answer is GTB wrote in a clause that no assholes can get offically licensed parts. The ordering and payment method is to weed out the DBs.

That's a true story, many small vendors have a black list.

#135 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

PBL flipper rebuild parts are complete crap. Not throwing the company under the bus here, but the metal they use is weak. They fold so easy when tightening up. I have rebuilt hundreds of flippers, and learned this the hard way. I had a HUO Popeye that was an eye opener for me. I wanted to check the plunger and stop to see if it needed to be rebuild (they were perfect still), but when tightening back on the pawl, I couldn't believe how strong it was, and it didn't just cave in like the PBL ones. I ordered from PBR after this for something, had my first rebuild from there, and wow, same strong pawl. I have also noticed plungers do not wear anywhere like the PBL ones do as well. Again, my conclusion to this was that Steve uses a stronger metal composition, close to the original.
    I have noticed the exact same issues in PBL with their rubber. Their red rubbers start wearing at the tips in weeks. I have ordered from everyone on this, as I am super picky about flippers mechs and rubber, and I have bags of EVERYONE's red rubber (PBR, PBL, HAPP, Marco), and PBR is the only one that holds up and is as close to the original NOS red rubber - which I was able to order a 50 piece bag of.
    There is no comparing PBL rebuilds or rubber to the quality you get with PBR.

It's interesting that pinball collectors drop $5000+ on a machine, then search for the cheapest parts they can find, instead of demanding quality.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-young-bob-roberts-credit-cards?tu=ovfdfireman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.