Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

not-prudent.jpeg
    Steve-Young.jpg
    3795f1.jpg
    1404252084000-CRUEEIGHTIES.jpg
    thYV8Y1H63.jpg
    baby.jpg
    IMAG2249.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 8 years ago

While I totally agree that it would be nice, Steve is never going to change. Steve once asked me who would pay for the $150,000 in credit card fees. I told him the doubling of his business would easily handle that.

So I actually went out and got a new order of checks (I had stopped using them) and learned how to order through email. Having a parts catalog is also critical. While I am working on a game, I create an email and begin listing the parts I need. I save it and leave it open like a shopping cart. Once I am sure I have everything I need for that game, I hit the send button. As long as the email doesn't get refused because of some PBR Holiday, I get my package in a couple of days. I have a post office in walking distance at work, so I leave a supply of checks, stamps and address labels in my desk and just take care of it there.

Jimmy who takes care of the email orders is awesome and he will contact me with any questions. Also, Marcos buys tons of parts from PBR and stocks them on their site. Worse comes to worse, you can go there for most of your needs. For me I will stick to PBR. Yeah its kind of like dealing with the Soup Nazi of pinball parts, but damn is the soup good.

#59 8 years ago

Funny whenever this subject comes up I remember a day a few years ago when I was waiting in line at the grocery store and there was a woman ahead of me holding up the line fumbling to write a check. A guy behind me in line with his girlfriend said "hey they 80s called and they want their checkbook back"! We all busted out laughing including the cashier and the lady writing the check.

Shame the credit card companies charge so much for so little real value. 3% for something that is completely automated? Still eCommerce is the way to go. I love using my card for every day stuff like fast food where you swipe and go with no signature. Not to mention not having to fumble with change in my pocket. I also use paypal frequently and lets not even talk about the 1-click buy on Amazon Prime.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I always pay cash at mom and pop places to save them the fees.
    At least the places I want to stay in business....

I tip in cash even if I pay the bill on the card.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-young-bob-roberts-credit-cards?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.