5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rob_craig.jpg
    image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Rob just posted on Facebook image.jpg

#2 5 years ago

So sorry to hear this news - my thoughts and prayers are with Steve and his family that he can beat this.

#3 5 years ago

I lost my uncle to liver cancer, but that was back in '94. I'm sure that it's more treatable now, but we still don't know how serious Steve's condition is. Good luck, Steve. The entire community is pulling for you.

#4 5 years ago

Seconded. All the best.

#5 5 years ago

My family will be praying for you, Steve!

#6 5 years ago

Wish Steve all the best. I got to play some pinball with Rob and Steve at expo a few years ago. Both of them are super nice guys. Hope Steve has a speedy recovery.

#7 5 years ago

Get well soon, Steve!

Looking forward to more Silverball podcasts.

#8 5 years ago

These guys are the ones who really got me into pinball. I have listened to their podcasts over and over again. I truly hate this for Steve and I'm sure he will beat this!

#9 5 years ago

Steve is a helluva nice guy! It's very sad for him to have to fight this battle.
    Thoughts and prayers go out to my friend Steve and his family.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#10 5 years ago

Get well Steve!

#11 5 years ago

Best of luck and get well soon, so you can get back to the awesome podcast!

#12 5 years ago

Steve has such a passion for pinball. Wish him well in his battle.

1 month later
    #13 5 years ago

Rob craig just posted on facebook, steve rothschild has passed on
    rob_craig.jpg

#14 5 years ago

So very sad. What a character, I hate I never got to meet him in person. The funny thing about listening to someone for hours and hours on a podcast, you feel like you know them. He'll be truly missed.

#15 5 years ago

My thoughts and prayers with Steve's family and friends. He brought a smile to my face many many times as a fan of his behind-the-camera/mic work. A great personality in our community will be sorely missed.

#16 5 years ago

This didn't need to happen. I can bet you he put up one hell of a fight though. My thoughts go out to the grieving.

#17 5 years ago

Never met Steve, but really enjoyed his videos. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

#18 5 years ago

Saw that on fb too, definitly a sad thing to see him pass. I really enjoyed Steve and Rob in the DVDs and on the silverball podcast. I was always hoping they would bring the podcast back eventually.

#19 5 years ago

Dammit, this sucks. Good dude. Always enjoyed everything he did.

#20 5 years ago

Pretty sure that the Rocky theme needs to be blasted out in everybody's home at least once tonight. Dang, man. Steve and Rob were the reason I wanted to do The Pinball Podcast in the first place. Steve and I swapped quite a few emails back and forth over the years. He was genuinely a good guy and this hobby will miss him.

#21 5 years ago

Steve will be missed by all. I think listening and watching the podcast and dvds we would all want a pinball buddy like Steve. Thoughts go out to his family , Rob and all his many friends both near and far.

#22 5 years ago

Sad sad news. I hate it when bad things happen to good people. Watching one of there DVDs tonight in his honor.

#23 5 years ago

Sad to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to his family. He'll be missed.

#24 5 years ago

RIP Steve.

#25 5 years ago

Very sad to hear. I loved the Silverball Podcast and Rob and Steve's banter. RIP Steve.

#26 5 years ago

I had the pleasure of meeting him last year at the TPF. A really nice guy.

#27 5 years ago

When I got into the hobby, The Silverball Podcast was on the air and I eagerly awaited each podcast. It was fun to listen to Craig and Steve. You could tell they were good friends. I don't know either personally, but it makes me sad to think there will never be another Silverball Podcast with the two of them. RIP Steve.

#28 5 years ago

Our thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#29 5 years ago

I met Steve and Rob at Expo a few years ago. Prior to that I got into a heated e-mail exchange with Rob that eventually led to a friendship. Knowing how close these two were really breaks my heart to hear this news. Please send up prayers for the Rothschild and Craig families as they deal with this difficult time. We'll miss you Steve!

#30 5 years ago

I am heartbroken for Rob, Steve's friends and family and selfishly, myself. I will echo the earlier comments about feeling like I knew Steve because I listened to their podcast over and over and was so excited when they made their small "comeback" well over a year ago now. All my prayers/thoughts to Steve and Rob's family and he will be missed and never forgotten!!

#31 5 years ago

Very sad to hear. Steve and Rob had great chemistry, their dvds are my favourite pinball dvds.

RIP Steve

#32 5 years ago

Funny bloke was Steve, the way he kept Rob in line and vice versa. Like watching controlled chaos.
    The passion for pinball shone through in all his exploits.
    Sad news indeed. But in life there is also death. Keep the memories strong. Be grateful everyday.

#33 5 years ago

it seems like the pinball community is getting hit pretty hard these past few months and all by the big 'C'. my deepest condolences go out to all of those affected

#34 5 years ago

RIP Steve.

#35 5 years ago

Wow. Don't know what to say. I never met him, but I loved his style on the podcast

#36 5 years ago

I've listened to many podcasts, but the Silverball podcast was different. It was like drinking a frosty beer in your regular booth at your favorite bar with your best friends. I never met Steve, but due to the podcast I really feel like I knew him. God bless him, his family, and friends.

steve SDTM

#37 5 years ago

Damn I just heard Im so sorry. Wishing all his friends and family the best.

#38 5 years ago

My prayers will go out to his family. Never met him, but seemed like a great guy.

#39 5 years ago

Rob, so sad to hear about Steve. Yes from the hours of podcast listening a great guy will be surely missed, and you could just tell you were real close friends. Prayers for all hurting.

#40 5 years ago

Like many others I never met Steve but really enjoyed the podcasts and obvious rapport he and Rob shared. Very sad news.

#41 5 years ago

I'm very sad by the news. Steve was a great man and the pinball community lost another one! RIP Steve and may you suffer and hurt no more!

Rob, I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

#42 5 years ago

Steve was a really fantastic guy and he will surely be missed. His energy, passion, and great sense of humor were always positive and up beat, and he always had a huge smile whenever I'd see him. Just a really great guy.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#43 5 years ago

funeral is today in Marion, IL. If you wish to leave a message, the funeral home website is here:
    http://www.wilsonmcreynolds.com/obituaries/Steven-Lee-Putt-Rothschild/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.00
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 8,000.00
    £ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 139.00
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside