Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jediturtle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kiss.JPG
    sttngramp_002.jpg
    sttngramp_001.jpg
    Sekiguchi-Monchichi-20cm-Junge-oder-Ma.jpg
    Texas_Pinball_Festival_024.JPG
    Texas_Pinball_Festival_019.JPG
    roller.jpg
    523778_10151029169714244_859751895_n.jpg
    There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

This commercial haunted my teens:

Monchichis and chia pets, what were they thinking?

#52 11 years ago

Surprised they are hyping Steves game already.
    Lineup is Gomez next, then Borg for Jan/Feb and Steve for May.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Surprised they are hyping Steves game already.
    Lineup is Gomez next, then Borg for Jan/Feb and Steve for May.

Which is the first LCD, if any of those?

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Which is the first LCD, if any of those?

KISS. Borg. After Avengers.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

KISS. Borg. After Avengers.

Kiss? I guess old concert footage or cartoons? It does not sound like a theme that would really allow full use of an LCD's display capabilities.

#56 11 years ago

Kiss has been circulating for a few days now....

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Kiss? I guess old concert footage or cartoons? It does not sound like a theme that would really allow full use of an LCD's display capabilities.

I don't like KISS, but you likely haven't seen a live show. I did, and it is amazing. The music is what it is, but the pyrotechnics and show around the crap music is terrific.

#58 11 years ago

I Really hope he isn't registered as an organ donor because if you are one and in the ER they don't try as hard to save ya...

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Is Borg keeping his designs that he was working on for Led Zeppelin and changing the theme to KISS? I just can't get excited for anything KISS related, personally.

Stern is really catering to the Boomers right?

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I Really hope he isn't registered as an organ donor because if you are one and in the ER they don't try as hard to save ya...

That is totally wrong. No one is treated any less, regardless of organ donation status.

#61 11 years ago

It's Cody Chun's balls

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

It might be his New implants ... SR is Gett-n some man Boobs !!

Too Funny

#63 11 years ago

That second photo is the clue you guys missed. His next PIN is a roy orbison! The resemblance is all there. Will look nice next to your Elvis!

#64 11 years ago

It's probably a remake of Bride Of Pinbot, but with real human organs to make the transformation legitimate!

The first ever living pinball machine? Where do I sign?

#65 11 years ago

It's My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Admit it, Steve, you're a brony. You don't do cute, but you do do magic.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

His next PIN is a roy orbison!

You kid, but Orbison would be a lot cooler than the cock rock themes. Maybe include a Blue Velvet Easter egg.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jake:

You kid, but Orbison would be a lot cooler than the cock rock themes. Maybe include a Blue Velvet Easter egg.

The Outlaws.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from Twitch_Boy:

It's My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Admit it, Steve, you're a brony. You don't do cute, but you do do magic.

I'd rather choke on pinballs and die than see this happen.

#69 11 years ago

Hi guys yes it will be kiss in 2013 to go with there new album release and world wide monster tour. Draft back glass photo attached kiss.JPGkiss.JPG

#70 11 years ago

I sure hope it is Kiss. That way I can feel comfortable passing on it.

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I sure hope it is Kiss. That way I can feel comfortable passing on it.

+1 it will be a complete flop. Led Zep on the other hand I would be all over.

#72 11 years ago

Music based pins are tough. It's one thing to have a theme you're not really into. But if you have music playing the whole time that you despise, that's a deal breaker. I might like a Metallica or iron maiden pin. But I will probably pass on any other music pin. If stern puts out a music pin a year, that's one less I have to buy

The only way I'd like this is if they made a generic music pin where we could insert our own songs and the game would use them.

#73 11 years ago

Music pins are definitely hit or miss. But in Stern sales, if they can sell 500-1000, maybe that's enough for it to be worth it. Even if your not a huge pinball fan, having a pin completely themed around it might be enough to want you to buy it.

#74 11 years ago

Awesome! I hope everybody sticks to their word on the KISS pin if it really comes out. I'd love to be able to get one cheap a year after release.

#75 11 years ago

As much as my mind was changed about AC/DC I could own a KISS. last year I said "AC/DC is such an irrelevant theme to choose". I was wrong. Great classic rock songs I had forgotten I liked and a great designer makes for an excellent pin. KISS could be round two with some incredible art. That photo from above alone is so darn cool. I would probably buy a KISS.

#76 11 years ago

KISS sound similar to ACDC to me

A stunning art package with great rules and a theme, and it would do well.

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

KISS sound similar to ACDC to me

A stunning art package with great rules and a theme, and it would do well.

Sorry. I know there is still a ravenous niche following of KISS fans, but compared to the universal appeal of ACDC as a theme, KISS is a fart in a windstorm. They appeal to too small a percentage of the population. Sales would be less than RS. People who like a band don't buy a $6000 toy because they are on the backglass. You have to be a pinball collector first and a fan of whatever band second.

It's great that people still love bands from their childhood like KISS and no offense to any of them, but personally I have always been repulsed by the whole KISS persona since they first came out. I can honestly say that I would never buy a KISS machine or even allow one in my house. I know people who absolutely love KISS and other bands from yesteryear that I now consider "niche" bands. Bruce Springsteen comes to mind. He continues to sell out whenever he does a show. Unfortunately it is the same 15,000 people in each city who have seen him in concert 100 times and no one else gives a crap! I changed the channel when Springsteen was on the Superbowl.

Unless they can get Led Zep or maybe U2, I hope Stern stays away from music pins. I especially don't want to see rap, hip hop or country in my lifetime.

John

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Sorry. I know there is still a ravenous niche following of KISS fans, but compared to the universal appeal of ACDC as a theme, KISS is a fart in a windstorm. They appeal to too small a percentage of the population. Sales would be less than RS. People who like a band don't buy a $6000 toy because they are on the backglass. You have to be a pinball collector first and a fan of whatever band second.
    It's great that people still love bands from their childhood like KISS and no offense to any of them, but personally I have always been repulsed by the whole KISS persona since they first came out. I can honestly say that I would never buy a KISS machine or even allow one in my house. I know people who absolutely love KISS and other bands from yesteryear that I now consider "niche" bands. Bruce Springsteen comes to mind. He continues to sell out whenever he does a show. Unfortunately it is the same 15,000 people in each city who have seen him in concert 100 times and no one else gives a crap! I changed the channel when Springsteen was on the Superbowl.
    Unless they can get Led Zep or maybe U2, I hope Stern stays away from music pins. I especially don't want to see rap, hip hop or country in my lifetime.
    John

Your so wrong when it comes to KISS but each to there own!!

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Unless they can get Led Zep or maybe U2, I hope Stern stays away from music pins.
    John

I'd buy a U2 in a second if stern built one.

QSS

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

+1 it will be a complete flop.

+2 No way this pin sells. Especially if its not the original four members, which I'm sure it wouldn't be. Kiss was great once upon a time, but it is over now.

#81 11 years ago

AC/DC, the game, is a pretty high bar. I wouldn't put Ritchie on another music pin right away, just because the comparisons are possibly going to be fresh and volatile (but maybe that's a good thing?). I think it is safe, however, to assume you could give him the worst theme ever and he will still produce high quality gameplay. People thought WPT was a complete miss theme, but I don't know very many people who wouldn't consider owning one just off of gameplay.

Namedrop/brag: shout out to PAGG 2012 poster in the background. Seeing that in the picture made my decade.

#82 11 years ago

Now, if you think about it cleverly, the easy route for Stern to take is to do a KISS LE based on the ACDC LE machine ....

1. New decals and backglass
    2. New playfield
    3. Cannon becomes LOVE GUN
    4. Under playfield becomes HOTTER THAN HELL
    5. War Machine spinner becomes errrr WAR MACHINE SPINNER lol
    6. Turn the machine off and it is a CREATURE OF THE NIGHT
    7. Etc etc etc. I could go on for hours ...

all the PF machinery is exactly the same on both machines so developments costs are minimal. Same as FG/Shrek.

Make them $9000 a pop so Gene gets his cut, make 500 of them and they will sell out as soon as they hit the KISS forums.

And it will keep the production line busy while the designers get more time to develop the next game.

Everyone wins!

Jeeeez I'm clever!! I'm available if you need me Gary!

Dave.

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I'd buy a U2 in a second if stern built one.
    QSS

Unfortunently it would all be later U2 and pretty worthless to me I would assume. Give me that Old U2!

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

People who like a band don't buy a $6000 toy because they are on the backglass. You have to be a pinball collector first and a fan of whatever band second.

I tend to agree but how can the premium on the old Bally KISS pinball be explained? Fans must buy up the inventory for it to be worth more than say, Paragon. Paragon is a much better game with lower production numbers than KISS and costs half the price on average.

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Now, if you think about it cleverly, the easy route for Stern to take is to do a KISS LE based on the ACDC LE machine ....
    1. New decals and backglass2. New playfield3. Cannon becomes LOVE GUN4. Under playfield becomes HOTTER THAN HELL5. War Machine spinner becomes errrr WAR MACHINE SPINNER lol6. Turn the machine off and it is a CREATURE OF THE NIGHT 7. Etc etc etc. I could go on for hours ...
    all the PF machinery is exactly the same on both machines so developments costs are minimal. Same as FG/Shrek.
    Make them $9000 a pop so Gene gets his cut, make 500 of them and they will sell out as soon as they hit the KISS forums.
    And it will keep the production line busy while the designers get more time to develop the next game.
    Everyone wins!
    Jeeeez I'm clever!! I'm available if you need me Gary!

Dave.

The same thought has crossed my mind when I heard Kiss is happening. Honestly, while we would hate it, it's really not a bad idea and I could see them doing it.

That said, I've always heard Borg's name attached to Kiss, and Ritchie doing Star Trek after. If they go that route, I'm not sure why they wouldn't switch the order and make ST the first LCD. I would think it would be the bigger "Wow" for the new technology, but what do I know.

Anyone know how much truth there is to this being the next few:
    Avengers - Gomez
    Kiss (first LCD) - Borg
    Star Trek - Ritchie

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchies-next-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.