(Topic ID: 200622)

Steve Ritchie's next game is unlicensed, what will it be?

By MRG

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2BDAF8EF-C571-4D00-A750-03BDADFD20EB (resized).jpeg
    3224077-superman+v2+annual+03-53 (resized).jpg
    images.jpeg (resized).jpg
    terrence-stamp-as-general-zod-in-superman-ii (resized).jpg
    sr (resized).JPG
    bk (resized).jpg
    stage_presents_hero (resized).jpg
    AEA73425-35B4-42DA-9A23-A8D1DBC465A5 (resized).jpeg
    0B0A7236-FFF0-4248-8010-E56703A7F77B_w1200_r1_s (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-30-13-25-36-1 (resized).png
    ee252ba8b437edc6bd867c41f6610a8182bd4518 (resized).jpg
    F35tandem-promo_0 (resized).jpg
    83F4398D-0E82-4B0F-9F76-7D2D25A8AB12 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20170801_183349 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1 FLCwlOfsE4q27CCj63vaqQ.jpeg
    There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Except the music...brutal

It was terrible. I can count maybe a dozen 90s albums I own, and given my age that really should be my golden nostalgic period. It's almost offensive!

#152 6 years ago

I didn't like the grunge shit and I thought that was rock bottom...then Lilith Fair showed up.

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I didn't like the grunge shit and I thought that was rock bottom...then Lilith Fair showed up.

Fortunately nu-metal showed up to bail us out...Doh!!!!!

#154 6 years ago

Ufffffff...not pretty.

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Unlicensed themes actually require more work bc your doing everything from scratch.

BUT... you don't need to please a licencor, which was apparently quite a trial with Star Wars.

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Except the music...brutal

We strongly disagree.

Sincerely,

Spin Doctors

#157 6 years ago

I'm guessing something like this...

1 FLCwlOfsE4q27CCj63vaqQ.jpeg1 FLCwlOfsE4q27CCj63vaqQ.jpeg

#158 6 years ago

This could be great news. I love Steve Ritchie pins. But please Steve, if you read this, no more ******* cannons !

#159 6 years ago

Love to see an updated Flight 2000

#160 6 years ago

What I love about Steve is he is 100% testosterone!!! The only thing that will let me down is if he makes an original title that isn't a kick ass testosterone game. Now what do I mean by this??? I am talking Space, Gods, Knights, Monsters, Demons, Death, Hot Chicks, Fire, Blood, Black, Speed, Rock n Roll and most of all NO APOLOGIES!! That is my King! God damn stubborn bastard!! Love you Steve!! As the game designer and visionary, he needs to get his hands on a great artist to help him pull off this masterpiece......My vote is for Paul Faris, Dirty Donny or Zombie Yeti! These boys fit the profile and they have proven they are hard hitting artists that know how to make a statement with their art! I want this game to kick my ass like a sexy dominatrix and have me coming back for more! Build it Steve and The Heavens will rain Fire, Blood and money for Stern!!

#161 6 years ago

I've heard from an unreliable source that this game will be titled "Node Board Nightmare".

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

My vote is for Paul Faris, Dirty Donny or Zombie Yeti!

I think it's going to be Kevin O'Connor. Steve said he will be working with Kevin in the near future during his expo speech.

Rob

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I've heard from an unreliable source that this game will be titled "Node Board Nightmare".

Lol that would be awesome!

Or how about Total Node Board annihilation?

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Or how about Total Node Board annihilation?

LOL, Nice!

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

at I love about Steve is he is 100% testosterone!!! The only thing that will let me down is if he makes an original title that isn't a kick ass testosterone game.

U like saying "testosterone" don't you? looks like a pasta dish, I'll have the testosterone with meatballs. anyway
    I would like on old west style game but in the vain of Good bad and ugly or Red Dead Revolver, gritty and a little dark, the whole bounty hunter thing would work well with pinball code, outer space bounty hunters, even better. Please don't post a pick of Gottliebs Bounty Hunter, cause I know you want to.

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

U like saying "testosterone" don't you? looks like a pasta dish, I'll have the testosterone with meatballs. anyway
    I would like on old west style game but in the vain of Good bad and ugly or Red Dead Revolver, gritty and a little dark, the whole bounty hunter thing would work well with pinball code, outer space bounty hunters, even better. Please don't post a pick of Gottliebs Bounty Hunter, cause I know you want to.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

3 weeks later
    #167 6 years ago

Hey guys,
    I am sure that many pinsiders are aware of SR's Tinnitus

This is a most frustrating condition

https://www.hear-it.org/Tinnitus-1

Some patience and understanding may help

Oh, and I like hes a cranky bugga ! adds personality to the game !

Best regards
    Ando

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Ha! Testosterone is the secret ingredient for any amazing dish!

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

That falls on Stern and their budget constraints. Would be cool to see Steve R do a JJP game where he could just go nuts.

Couldn't agree more. It's amazing that Stern has been able to retain SR.

Kudos to JJP for giving Pat Lawlor the time & resources to nail Dialed In. It's stunning.

If JJP continues to mature (as a company) and build full-featured, fun games, they are going to give Stern a lot of headaches.

snaroff

#170 6 years ago

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but at the Dutch Pinball Open Expo Kevin O'Connor confirmed that he is currently appointed to be the artist for Steve's unlicensed theme.

3 months later
    #171 6 years ago

Awesome of course !

Speed and Danger ?

#172 6 years ago

SR's Stop & go adventure

#173 6 years ago

Highspeed 2.5 The getaway.

IMG_20170801_183349 (resized).jpgIMG_20170801_183349 (resized).jpg

#174 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

Highspeed 2.5 The getaway.

Very cool looking nice job.

#176 6 years ago

My guess is it'll be two ramps, an outer loop, an upper loop that you hit with an upper flipper on the right, 3 pop bumpers, 3 lanes at the top of the playfield and a mode start ball locking point (magnet, kickout hole, scoop) possibly behind a drop target.

#177 6 years ago

I predict it will be my first nib game as I have not been a fan of any of the licensed themes in the last 5 years from Stern.unfortunately I love shitty music and none of my bands will ever get a pin and I'm not into super hero or fantasy type movies so I'm really excited for a non licensed theme and I love Steve Ritchie games.

#178 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Love to see an updated Flight 2000

Flight 3k! Where you actually earn points for hitting the near impossible multi Ball! Oh and now it’s a five ball setup....

#179 6 years ago

Does anyone know WHEN it will be announced and / or hit the market?

#180 6 years ago

I remember being so excited when Steve was going to do ST in 2013. STTNG is my all-time favorite game. I was somewhat disappointed when ST was finally revealed, and it was basically just STTNG minus the cannons, subway, diverters, video mode, a ship that actually shoots balls at you, full cast voice acting, side missions, wireforms, kickback, knocker, or hand-drawn art. I mean, 90% of my complaints just boiled down to modern-day Stern pins being cheap and sparse compared to golden age Williams pins. Steve Ritchie bears no blame whatsoever there. But even the layout felt recycled.

And yes, ST shoots extremely well for what it is. Satisfying shots and good flow. Steve Ritchie knows what he's doing, and he's brilliant at it. But I think the market right now is looking for something a little more creative and elaborate than 2 plastic ramps, a static bash toy, and very slight variations on the same general layout that's been done to death.

#181 6 years ago

I'm just gonna chime in to say that I find unlicensed themes more attractive in general. I'm pretty cynical about celebrity worship and corporate worship ("Amazon 2.0") and while I've enjoyed playing many licensed themes, I could never see myself owning most of them.

#182 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

My guess is it'll be two ramps, an outer loop, an upper loop that you hit with an upper flipper on the right, 3 pop bumpers, 3 lanes at the top of the playfield and a mode start ball locking point (magnet, kickout hole, scoop) possibly behind a drop target.

I'm afraid you may be right, but I'm hoping having an unlicensed theme shakes things up from a design standpoint. I have STLE and ACDC Prem and I kind of feel like I don't need any other Richie games, unless we see something different.

1 week later
    #183 6 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but at the Dutch Pinball Open Expo Kevin O'Connor confirmed that he is currently appointed to be the artist for Steve's unlicensed theme.

And who asked that. Whooo did? Me.

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I remember being so excited when Steve was going to do ST in 2013. STTNG is my all-time favorite game. I was somewhat disappointed when ST was finally revealed, and it was basically just STTNG minus the cannons, subway, diverters, video mode, a ship that actually shoots balls at you, full cast voice acting, side missions, wireforms, kickback, knocker, or hand-drawn art. I mean, 90% of my complaints just boiled down to modern-day Stern pins being cheap and sparse compared to golden age Williams pins. Steve Ritchie bears no blame whatsoever there. But even the layout felt recycled.
    And yes, ST shoots extremely well for what it is. Satisfying shots and good flow. Steve Ritchie knows what he's doing, and he's brilliant at it. But I think the market right now is looking for something a little more creative and elaborate than 2 plastic ramps, a static bash toy, and very slight variations on the same general layout that's been done to death.

You're a 100% right and at the same time I think Sterns ST is the better game.

Dunno why.

#185 6 years ago

I find Steve Ritchies games to be very boring. SW and GOT are the worst!

#186 6 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

SW and GOT are the worst!

Yeah... no LOL.

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

I find Steve Ritchies games to be very boring. SW and GOT are the worst!

And the credibility vanishes...

#188 6 years ago

well he's right about SW. GOT is pretty fun though. ST is my fav of his thus far.

#189 6 years ago

Steve Ritchie has fallen down the ladder of pin designers I want to see.

Borg
    Lawlor
    Eric M.
    Elwin
    Spooky
    Nordman

Basically anybody else new blood. Code is bailing him out on GOT and SW. Any wonder why Lyman won't work with him now?

#190 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

It’s all in the eye of the beholder. I owned sttng which was one of my grails and sold it after I fell more in love with Stern Trek.

#191 6 years ago

I still think this will be DK3000. Just a hunch no insider info to speak of.

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I still think this will be DK3000. Just a hunch no insider info to speak of.

Do you mean BK3000?

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Any wonder why Lyman won't work with him now?

I've heard it's the other way around.

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Steve: "Lyman, make those damn cannon inserts in AC/DC actually DO SOMETHING!"

Lyman: "I tried the cannon modes, they just are not fun."

Steve: "Code better!"

Lyman: "Peace out"

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Well he's on the wrong end of that trade then

Lyman's the real "King"

As for a BK3000, it figures, nothing new or innovative

#196 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Do you mean BK3000?

Duh. Yeah typo thanks.

1 month later
    #197 6 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

Steve Ritchie games ... very boring!

Impossible!

SR's 1981 Black Knight is a creative *masterpiece*:

It has EVERYTHING I love in pinball in one pin...

* two playfields
    * hurry ups on all drop target banks
    * 4 banks of drops! (12 total)
    * spinner rip!
    * magna saves on the outlanes
    * 4 flippers (4 buttons)
    * horseshoe
    * taunting
    * multiball
    * voice
    * metal ramps (such a great sound)
    * super cramped-lower that is a real challenge

... and it's a great looker ...

"Not For Sale."
    -mof

#198 6 years ago

Black Knight did not stick around in my house long. It became very boring, very fast. At least Pharaoh has some more varied things to do.

#199 6 years ago

COBRA....

#200 6 years ago

Its late 80 , and i had one in 83 i think.
    For that time it was a MM.
    I still like it, just like BK2000.

There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchies-next-game-is-unlicensed-what-will-it-be/page/4?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.