(Topic ID: 200622)

Steve Ritchie's next game is unlicensed, what will it be?

By MRG

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2BDAF8EF-C571-4D00-A750-03BDADFD20EB (resized).jpeg
    3224077-superman+v2+annual+03-53 (resized).jpg
    images.jpeg (resized).jpg
    terrence-stamp-as-general-zod-in-superman-ii (resized).jpg
    sr (resized).JPG
    bk (resized).jpg
    stage_presents_hero (resized).jpg
    AEA73425-35B4-42DA-9A23-A8D1DBC465A5 (resized).jpeg
    0B0A7236-FFF0-4248-8010-E56703A7F77B_w1200_r1_s (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-30-13-25-36-1 (resized).png
    ee252ba8b437edc6bd867c41f6610a8182bd4518 (resized).jpg
    F35tandem-promo_0 (resized).jpg
    83F4398D-0E82-4B0F-9F76-7D2D25A8AB12 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20170801_183349 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1 FLCwlOfsE4q27CCj63vaqQ.jpeg
    There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 6 years ago

Bk 3 is no option because the pro model (no upperplayfield).
    A new Vampire (dracula) theme can be fun.

#102 6 years ago

I hope it's not high speed III or BK III. Time for something new!

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This is a family website!

Please explain?

#104 6 years ago

Firepower III background music:

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

Bk 3 is no option because the pro model (no upperplayfield).
    A new Vampire (dracula) theme can be fun.

I love this idea! A Vampire/Dracula theme would be kick ass, don't forget the Werewolves.

#106 6 years ago

Definitely will be called
    " suck it and see "

#107 6 years ago

My fear is it could be a Slot Machine / Fruit Machine / Barcade

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

Please explain?

Pee

#109 6 years ago

Darling/Jubilee II or maybe OXO II

#110 6 years ago

If it is true, what is written in other threads, the name of the next game will be: Game over!

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Firepower III background music:

Man I really hope not, thats sounds like New Years eve at the nut house.

#112 6 years ago

He already made BK3
    Its called Game of Thrones LE

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from MRG:

Steve Ritchie's next game is unlicensed, what will it be?

"PLAY BETTER!"

"FLOW MASTER 3000" (too toilet plungerish?)

#114 6 years ago

After my public berating/belittling by SR at expo, I'll never buy another pin made by that grumpy old bastard.

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

After my public berating/belittling by SR at expo, I'll never buy another pin made by that grumpy old bastard.

Steve has always been friendly and funny to me and my friends at these events.

Whatever he said to you, I'm sure you deserved it.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

That's because it's a good game.
    People can be mad at me saying it all they want, but I was in the room when it was unveiled, and you could have snuffed a candle with the oxygen leaving the room, it was a total bomb. Theme wise. Just look at the threads here FFS, it's all recorded.
    People started to come around when they discovered it was fun, because gameplay matters.

The launch was a moment in time. A moment that is irrelevant when talking about the reception of the game and it's premise on location a year plus later.

The people pez is talking about are isolated from that... and they like it. The launch bombed - the theme hasn't.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Steve has always been friendly and funny to me and my friends at these events.
    Whatever he said to you, I'm sure you deserved it.

I figured this would be the response. For the record, you are entirely mistaken. I was very courgal, said please and thx. Not going to elaborate, others saw it..... Others experienced a similar event.... I'm nice as fuck, just ask Gryzzz

#118 6 years ago

I figured this would be the response. For the record, you are entirely mistaken. I was very courgal, said please and thx. Not going to elaborate, others saw it..... Others experienced a similar event.... I'm nice as fuck, just ask Gryzzz

If you're going to come in a make inflammatory statements (when honestly, you really don't need to) then you'd better damn well elaborate.

#119 6 years ago

Could you recount what happened?

#120 6 years ago

Experienced Steve Ritchie at several events - always been friendly and cordial. A) not everyone can be 'on' at all times for the public, especially if people are being demanding and B) You usually get out what you put in - see A

#121 6 years ago

Did Steve Ritchie really get a tattoo on his Facebook or is that sharpie?

#122 6 years ago

Is this referring to the question about widebodies?

#123 6 years ago

I played Black Knight 2000 yesterday and love the intensity of SR's earlier games where you feel like your just trying to survive. I feel like I'm accomplishing something when I can execute multiple loops in a row either from the upper flipper or around the outside lanes like in T2 or Getaway. I would like to see something where he can bring that adrenalin back with amazing flow, over the top sounds and light show.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsonics2k2:

I would like to see something where he can bring that adrenalin back with amazing flow, over the top sounds and light show.

I thought Game of Thrones Pro was released
    Amazing flow, top sound and really top light show.
    So, you don´t have to wait for the next SR-Pin.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from Metengo:

I thought Game of Thrones Pro was released
    Amazing flow, top sound and really top light show.
    So, you don´t have to wait for the next SR-Pin.

I played GoT yesterday, yes it has amazing flow to it! That machine kicks my ass and I keep coming back for more. T2 is THE machine that got me hooked on pinball in 1991. I currently own a STtNG and my first machine was Getaway. I get it, SR has machines out there currently, with that being said, I want to see an over the top adrenaline fueled machine. GoT has some stop and go play, I prefer the Pro model to the others to get rid of the upper playfield and increase flow.

#126 6 years ago

Black Knight 3k or 10k by Christmas

#127 6 years ago

I would love to see another high speed!!!!!!
    Great games, Getaway one of my all time favorites.

#128 6 years ago

They could easily do a getaway theme without actually calling it Getaway or High Speed.

Police Chase or something way better.

#129 6 years ago

Say yes to innovation!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

He already made BK3
    Its called Game of Thrones LE

No...GOT doesn;t suck ass like the BK series.

#131 6 years ago

Licensing is one thing when it comes to awful art packages and sounds, but when you make just a really mundane layout without any interesting interactive toys, it's another thing. That falls on Stern and their budget constraints. Would be cool to see Steve R do a JJP game where he could just go nuts.

#132 6 years ago

But Steve Ritchie being a grumpy old bastard is part of his charm! He probably didn't even hear whatever you said. Seriously, with his hearing issues it's gotta be murder at boomy loud shows.

He blew me off last time he saw me, but to be fair I'd probably just written 20 posts about how I thought his new game looked like shit (GoT), what did I expect? A hug?

I get not wanting to buy a Trudeau game now, but I don't care how much a dick Ritchie was to me or someone else, if he makes a good game it's a good game, don't let some grumpiness at a show get in the way. I just hope he stops trying to make the same one over and over, I know he's still got new ideas in his head to let out if given the chance.

#133 6 years ago

If they allow the art to rule the theme and Steve make a game around that . I think it could be epic!

#134 6 years ago

COMPLETE ATOMIC DESTRUCTION!

#135 6 years ago

A high black knight on speed?

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hi-Fi:

COMPLETE ATOMIC DESTRUCTION!

lol

#137 6 years ago

What about a "world domination" type pin? Think the game of Risk. Choose what country to be and defeat the other countries to dominate the world. Each country has certain strengths/weakness that can be used or exploited.

I'm not really knowledgeable on pinball history but has something like this ever been done?

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Did Steve Ritchie really get a tattoo on his Facebook or is that sharpie?

Ha I was there. Might have been shots involved. Jack Danger most definitely Sharpie Tatted SR. I'm a little afraid on how fast Jack and bang out an authentic looking prison tat!

#139 6 years ago

Crazy to think this year marks Steve's 40th anniversary making Pinball games.

Not too much longer to go and he'll pass up Harry Williams....someone Steve has said he admires and who's longevity he aims to emulate in the business.

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Could you recount what happened?

Nice going four-eyes.

IMG_7575 (resized).PNGIMG_7575 (resized).PNG

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice going four-eyes.

Just saw that too. See! They DO Listen!

#142 6 years ago

Whatever SR designs this next go round will surely be epic; 2 of my 4 pins are SR pins, will make it 3 of 5 after this next one comes out.

#143 6 years ago

Oh jeez, that's what he was bitching about? I watched that seminar, and didn't think anything of Steve's response other than humor!

I guess some Pinsider's need a safe space at these events.

#144 6 years ago

That is the public berating/belittling? That seems completely normal, am I missing something?

#145 6 years ago

It might turn into a public berating yet

#146 6 years ago

Whatever it is, I hope it has zero player-selectable anything, no stupid mash-button, "Magna-Save (tm)", and the LCD just displays the 4 player scores, one in each corner of the screen with no other animations or effects.

#147 6 years ago

Oh Magna Save would be so goddamn awesome.
    I mean it drive you crazy all the posts complaining..."This one time I hit the Magna Save and it didn't save my ball...Has anyone talked to Stern aboot this?!!?!" But it would be worth it.

Probably.

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

That is the public berating/belittling? That seems completely normal, am I missing something?

It's in vogue to be offended in 2017.

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

It's in vogue to be offended in 2017.

Is it really?

It's hard for me to get offended these days about anything without pissing a bunch of people off.

Now the '90s...man, that was a great time to get offended. Those were the days.

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now the '90s...man, that was a great time to get offended. Those were the days.

Except the music...brutal

There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchies-next-game-is-unlicensed-what-will-it-be/page/3?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.