Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pinzzz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1ad29be49c1a2f501103054683012fe6_1_orig.jpg
    imagination-is-more-important-than-knowledgeknowledgeknowledge-is-limitedimagination-encircles-the-world-imagination-quote.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm pretty sure if SR's IQ was 163, he wouldn't be designing pinball machines.

Thank you, yeah he sounds like he's in the 163 IQ realm listening to him talk. Wtf! Calling others a "dork", seriously, look in the mirror my man. Sounds like he loves himself.

Wow.

#79 8 years ago

How "fast" you are able to think through logic problems is worthless in real life.

I'll take a hard working, determined individual, with a good educational background, that processes information deliberately to make wise decisions!

In other words, give me somebody that is going to run through the wall for you.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from Det_Deckard:

I think a simpler answe is 8656 because it is even.

Wise decision are based on logic. There are a lot of technical things that basically require a very logical person to do. Sometimes a very hard working person with bad logic is way more dangerous than a lazy logical person just due to the amount of stuff they will screw up. Most jobs aren't like this but as you get more technical you have people that either get it or don't and there really isn't any gray area.

I'm not sure what you consider "technical" or not but I'm a CPA, estate planning lawyer and licensed financial advisor.

I graduated magna cum laude and got 236 out 250 questions correct on the Series 7.

It ain't because I'm smarter than anybody else, I just worked hard at it. Throw in some common sense and that goes a long way in life.

In fact I'm just average at best. But I have to combine relationship and social skills to excel along with the hard work.

Technical people in most fields are a dime a dozen. Look at engineers. Most of them can do the business, the ones that rise to the top can SELL the business.

Not tooting my own horn, I'm just an average idiot technically. That's my point. What I'm great at is putting it all together. That took many years.

#87 8 years ago

Nowadays, when it comes to math, helping my kids in school with Calculus, geometry and all that other worthless math (except for engineers) I don't know about you guys but Google is a dads best friend and even with that it's like Wtf is this!

The one class they don't teach in school that they should is everything about the "power of compounding". Einstein was no dummy

Thx Piper, intelligence is worthless if you don't use it. I'm just competitive and don't like to lose! Other than that, just average

#91 8 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

That may be who you want to do shit for you, but is that what you want for yourself? Certainly not, especially if you are a litigator.
    I believe the saying is "thinking on your feet."

I think on my feet every day when I meet with my clients to help them. Litigators, I hope you don't ever need them, you lose.

Btw Sack, you owe me a case of beer. What's up?

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Compounding 0% interest sin't such a powerful thing.

That sounds like your problem, doesn't it? But compounding in reverse is maybe what you know about?

Obviously you haven't taken that class

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchies-life-storyhis-iq-is-163?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.