Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pinzzz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1ad29be49c1a2f501103054683012fe6_1_orig.jpg
    imagination-is-more-important-than-knowledgeknowledgeknowledge-is-limitedimagination-encircles-the-world-imagination-quote.jpg
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago
    #3 8 years ago

If you are clever, you don't speak about your superior intellect
    Looking forward to listen later this day... Thanks Pinzzz

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from frg:

Yeah Frank. Mine is only 144.

rd

#5 8 years ago

As someone who tests I.Q.s for a living, I can guarantee you that his is nowhere near 163.
    -Kyros

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from frg:

Looking forward to listen later this day... Thanks Pinzzz

Says yous. Mine was tested at 211 on the Internet. I even got a framed certificate saying as much. Only cost me 100 bucks. Shows how much you know, dummy.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kyrosfear:

As someone who tests I.Q.s for a living, I can guarantee you that his is no where near 163.
    -Kyros

No where? Is that one of the questions?

#9 8 years ago

NYT: What is your I.Q.?

Stephen Hawking: I have no idea. People who boast about their I.Q. are losers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/12/magazine/the-science-of-secondguessing.html

#10 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure if SR's IQ was 163, he wouldn't be designing pinball machines.

#11 8 years ago

It's actually a pretty cool interview and history of the industry from the late 70s on.

#12 8 years ago

I token one of them IQ tests that was on-the-line. It say me have an IQ of 180.

#13 8 years ago

When I was in undergrad playing High Speed every chance I got, I was convinced that the designer was a genius of the highest order.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kyrosfear:

As someone who tests I.Q.s for a living, I can guarantee you that his is no where near 163.
    -Kyros

Ok.......whatever you say.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Says yous. Mine was tested at 211 on the Internet.

Quoted from vicjw66:

Are you actually correcting my spelling on something exactly one post before you used a word that does not even exist Vic?
    I am guessing that must be a privilege of someone with an I.Q. of 211 that he received from the internet........
    Nice work genius.
    -Kyros?

#16 8 years ago

He meant 163 miles an hour... and then he thought up Getaway!

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I token one of them IQ tests that was on-the-line. It say me have an IQ of 180.

I took this one the other day - it was damn hard. If you took this one without random guessing at the end and scored a 180, then I'll be impressed. I'm sure there are some flipping smart people on here, so maybe someone could - if it even goes that high.

https://iq-research.org/en/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=fb-share-iq&utm_term=Fyh2hTRXRCLSixrjG&utm_content=1,1

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why not? Maybe a 163 IQ would be smart enough to do something he really likes instead of a lot of us who do whatever we can to get paid the most money.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

Why not? Maybe a 163 IQ would be smart enough to do something he really likes instead of a lot of us who do whatever we can to get paid the most money.

But that's just the point. He'd be getting paid a hell of a lot more to do something far more important and impactful on the world than just pinball. And it IS just pinball.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

But that's just the point. He'd be getting paid a hell of a lot more to do something far more important and impactful on the world than just pinball. And it IS just pinball.

I read a lot about this recently - the super high IQs area all over the map with regard to "success" compared to what we normally assume.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

I read a lot about this recently - the super high IQs area all over the map with regard to "success" compared to what we normally assume.

Correct.....high IQ does not always equal "successful". I've noticed that a fair number of highly intelligent people are usually a little "off" in certain areas.....usually socially. Not being social and creating networks can make it more difficult to be successful.

This of course depends on how you measure success.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Correct.....high IQ does not always equal "successful".

Don't I know it.

#22 8 years ago

I just shake my head and wonder WTF this thread is about.....

#23 8 years ago

It's about Steve Ritchie's highly hypothetical IQ. What we should start a thread about is your awesome avatar.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

I just shake my head and wonder WTF this thread is about.....

Pinzzz is actually Steve Richie. That is my takeaway from this.

#25 8 years ago

So the dude who created some of my favorite pins is a genius, eh? That's cool...

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kyrosfear:

Are you actually correcting my spelling on something exactly one post before you used a word that does not even exist Vic?
    I am guessing that must be a privilege of someone with an I.Q. of 211 that he received from the internet........
    Nice work genius.
    -Kyros?

Thank you.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

He meant 163 miles an hour... and then he thought up Getaway!

Mmmm.................. High Speed. After his release.

LTG : )™

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I didnt see that written no wear.

#29 8 years ago

Ted Kaczynski (A.K.A. The Unabomber) - Ted Kaczynski skipped the 5th grade after testing 167 on an IQ test.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/22-serial-killers-with-high-iqs

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kyrosfear:

Nice work, genius.
    -Kyros?

Fixed that for you.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

I didnt see that written no wear.

Kyrosfear did a little edit too his post.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Says yous. Mine was tested at 211 on the Internet. I even got a framed certificate saying as much. Only cost me 100 bucks. Shows how much you know, dummy.

Wow... What can you get for 250 bucks?

#33 8 years ago

I had to do a search to see where an IQ of 163 actually falls. I found that the Average IQ of Californians ranks in the bottom 3 states in the US. Now I know why I am surrounded by a bunch of idiots!

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

I had to do a search to see where an IQ of 163 actually falls. I found that the Average IQ of Californians ranks in the bottom 3 states in the US. Now I know why I am surrounded by a bunch of idiots!

You couldn't tell just by surfing Pinside? You still got O-din, though. Guy's a friggin' genius.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You couldn't tell just by surfing Pinside? You still got O-din, though. Guy's a friggin' genius.

I don't know about that..... He seems to have a new found fetish for short flippers!

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Ted Kaczynski (A.K.A. The Unabomber) - Ted Kaczynski skipped the 5th grade after testing 167 on an IQ test.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/22-serial-killers-with-high-iqs

Goodwill Hunting

#37 8 years ago

Only a genius could design Star Trek LE.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Only a genius could design Star Trek LE.

Only a genius with ADD wouldn't finish the code.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

In my experience, financially successful people have lower IQs and a very stubborn streak. They need to overlook risks and have the tenacity to overcome the consequences of overlooking those same risks.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

An IQ score is simply a mesaure of how well you do on an IQ test, nothing else. In other words, a high IQ is no guarantee of having useful skills, or even of having any common sense.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

IQ has little to do with "success" ... It all comes down to how you apply whatever you have to whatever you do. And working your ass off goes a long way too.

A buddy of mine lays timber floors. That's hardly "high IQ" work, he'd be the first to say that (in fact he says it all the time) However in a really good week he can pull in $10k. Perfect example of applying what you have and working your ass off.

rd

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

An IQ score is simply a mesaure of how well you do on an IQ test, nothing else. In other words, a high IQ is no guarantee of having useful skills, or even of having any common sense.

There is a little more to it than that. When you meet people that are at the high end of the scale it is very obvious that they have way more horsepower in their heads. 163 is fucking impressive, Einstein was apparently a 160, so I'll take this with a grain of salt.

#43 8 years ago

Interesting interview from 2012 just as ACDC was launching.

#44 8 years ago

C'mon guys- The US Government doesn't mess up statistical analysis.

Disclaimer: This is a joke, based on Steve's assertion that he received this IQ analysis during his time in Coast Guard bootcamp, and is not meant to be political.

Really though, it's a pretty good interview.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from frg:

Two and a half framed certificates?

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from frg:

An internet combo pack that also includes a Mensa certificate.

I recall a dude displaying one in his office in Bohemia. New York.

#47 8 years ago

I guess the only way his I.Q.concerns me is his Pinball I.Q.
    And if there was a test for that,Ritchie's would be in the top few for sure.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank you, yeah he sounds like he's in the 163 IQ realm listening to him talk. Wtf! Calling others a "dork", seriously, look in the mirror my man. Sounds like he loves himself.

Wow.

#49 8 years ago

Only on Pinside would a bunch of guys be cynical about a true pinball genius' IQ rather than enjoying his insight and accomplishments.

Typical, but friggin sad.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

I took this one the other day - it was damn hard. If you took this one without random guessing at the end and scored a 180, then I'll be impressed.
    https://iq-research.org/en/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=fb-share-iq&utm_term=Fyh2hTRXRCLSixrjG&utm_content=1,1

My IQ is now lower for having followed your link to this click-bait bullshit. After doing all 45 questions they want me to pay for the answers and results.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchies-life-storyhis-iq-is-163/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.