image-805.jpg
image-556.jpg
image-869.jpg
image-403.jpg
image-921.jpg
image.jpg
image-136.jpg
image-796.jpg
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Mike

#52 10 years ago

Cool pictures. I'd love to visit the factory someday.

What's the vibe like on the assembly floor? Does the crew seem to like working there or is it like "Ho-hum, putting together another Avengers today"?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#54 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Steve didn't design anything. He has sold out for a job which I understand but he has. ST is just another generic Stern fan layout with a new theme. It's OK if you don't agree. you can spend $8000 on it if you want.

Seriously? I may have cancelled my order for the STLE, but I have complete respect for the man. He is one of the best pinball designers to date.

"Sold out" is a pretty inflammatory comment. He has earned my respect and admiration.

You are totally out-of-line with that comment.

#55 10 years ago

Ouch!
143188-i.jpg143188-i.jpg

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Cool pictures. I'd love to visit the factory someday.
What's the vibe like on the assembly floor? Does the crew seem to like working there or is it like "Ho-hum, putting together another Avengers today"?

Not a lot of "vibe". It's an assembly line. Everyone has a specific job to do, but most stations were just one or two people doing a specific task. A little different in that the designers walk the line daily looking for issues / comments.

Not too different than other assembly lines I've seen (dairy, auto, tea), just a lot more colorful and fun!

#57 10 years ago

How cool is that!!

#58 10 years ago

Thanks for the pictures. And the information!

#59 10 years ago

That was great,Thanks Couldn't get to expo this year and bumming.appreciate seeing this.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Steve didn't design anything. He has sold out for a job which I understand but he has. ST is just another generic Stern fan layout with a new theme. It's OK if you don't agree. you can spend $8000 on it if you want.

ass-sphincter say wa?

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Quoted from statsdoc:

"Sold out" is a pretty inflammatory comment. He has earned my respect and admiration.

You are totally out-of-line with that comment.

Don't worry, that is called trolling.

We normally don't respond to posts like that, lol.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I swear, I think these guys with little to no karma and no location or information are JJP plants. (joke)

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I swear, I think these guys with little to no karma and no location or information are JJP plants.

Your statement is just as bad.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Don't worry, that is called trolling.
We normally don't respond to posts like that, lol.

Thank you sensei. I still think he deserved being called out.

Actually, I've been on this site for more years than most people here ... just didn't post a lot.

#65 10 years ago

jfh said:
Steve talk about the removal of the VUK....The replacement seems like it might even be better - a catapult that can feed multiple areas and set up combo shots. I should have a good picture of it.

Quoted from Snailman:

Re-posting this question, so it doesn't get lost in the pictures. jfh: Can you answer this?

+100

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Your statement is just as bad.

I thought the smiley face was enough to acknowledge it was a joke. I guess not. Edited original post.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

jfh said:Steve talk about the removal of the VUK....The replacement seems like it might even be better - a catapult that can feed multiple areas and set up combo shots. I should have a good picture of it.
+100

Im thinking the OP misunderstood. this 'multiple' areas set up will either be an eject back out the hole (like the pro model), or up to the wireform ramp (web slinger SM feel). I dont anticipate it doing anything more than that from what i can see. But as usual...i could be wrong

#68 10 years ago

I thought the smiley face was enough to acknowledge it was a joke. I guess not. Edited original post.

smiley emoticons on pinside are serious business! I heard someone was having a hard time getting their point across using the pinside emoticon, so they used a picture of a crying kid instead. Then they got banned! true story

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

smiley emoticons on pinside are serious business! I heard someone was having a hard time getting their point across using the pinside emoticon, so they used a picture of a crying kid instead. Then they got banned! true story

Now that's some funny shit! oops, I mean

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Actually, I've been on this site for more years than most people here ...

Me too, but I had to kill off my old account and create an incognito one.

But, 4 years for you - wow!! Most of us were still RGPing back then.......

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Me too, but I had to kill off my old account and create an incognito one.
But, 4 years for you - wow!! Most of us were still RGPing back then.......

I was over there with you. I just prefer to listen to all the smart people on these sites. When I post something, I just confirm how little I know compared to most.

#72 10 years ago

Great pics OP! Feel bad for that chick getting her head drilled with the Zombie treatment but that is an awesome job.........

#73 10 years ago

That avengers playfield.. I assume that was for the lite home version???

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

More tour pictures.

image.jpg 2 MB

image-178.jpg 2 MB

image-322.jpg 2 MB

image-946.jpg 2 MB

image-445.jpg 2 MB

image-904.jpg 2 MB

image-311.jpg 2 MB

image-35.jpg 2 MB

image-56.jpg 2 MB

image-796.jpg 2 MB

image-136.jpg 2 MB

What is that purple owl on top or in pin in last few pictures?

#75 10 years ago

My favorite pic is the one with guy work g and in the background has Stern pinball with past toys used in game. Do you have a close up of that display?

#76 10 years ago

In that case QuarterGrabber, I apologize. I did not pick up on the fact that it was meant as a joke.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

In that case QuarterGrabber, I apologize. I did not pick up on the fact that it was meant as a joke.

No prob. I'm not that funny anyway (and watch the thumbs up fly)

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Some general info:
There are about 3500 parts in a single pinball machine.
There are about 1200 screws, nuts and washers in a game.
There are approximately 115 lights in a game.
There can be up to 72 switches in a game.
There can be up to 24 coils and 8 flash lamps in a game.
There is about 1/2 mile of wire in a pinball machine.
There are approximately 100 connectors in a game.
There are approximately 357 tie wraps in a game.
There are approximately 88 terminals in a game.
Stern use about 6 million cable ties in one year of production.

How about some specific info, how many ST Pro's are they building now, does anybody know?

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

#80 10 years ago

Wow, you do actually think I'm funny. Thanks for the thumbs down Ice

#81 10 years ago

Wow you do actually think I'm funny. Thanks for the thumbs down Ice

Of course Qgrabber, great attitude!

#82 10 years ago

Wow, Stern has production down to a science....One fine-oiled machine.!!
Thanks for posting......

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

How about some specific info, how many ST Pro's are they building now, does anybody know?

I asked Steve how many games (not just ST) they could build in a day. He said the actual number was probably proprietary, but "more than 50 a day".

#84 10 years ago

I deleted some of the blurry pics. Have more pics and commentary, but too tired to do more tonight. More tomorrow (and I will answer all your questions, as best I can.

#85 10 years ago

Here's a front on shot of that area which I loved - and some Hulks...6363_SPins_0958f.jpg6363_SPins_0958f.jpg6363_SPins_0963f.jpg6363_SPins_0963f.jpg

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

More tour pictures.

So in one of these pics there are tables with what appear to be fully assembled playfields just sitting unsupported on top of the tables. They look ready to be installed into a cabinet. But it looks like they are just laying on the electronics and components mounted under the playfield... That cant be right. Am i missing something?

image.jpg 2 MB

image-178.jpg 2 MB

image-322.jpg 2 MB

image-946.jpg 2 MB

image-445.jpg 2 MB

image-904.jpg 2 MB

image-311.jpg 2 MB

image-35.jpg 2 MB

image-56.jpg 2 MB

image-796.jpg 2 MB

image-136.jpg 2 MB

#87 10 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to post pics and share your story.. Totally awesome!!!

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How brave of you location unknown anonymous man.

#89 10 years ago

It looks like there are shiny black plastic strips going along the cabinet insides which are parallel to the glass and about 1 inch down. I'm guessing those have something to do with the laser light thingy.

EDIT : Nevermind, probably not - watched a video where red lights light up that area and show through the siderails.

#90 10 years ago

VUK 2.jpgVUK 2.jpgLASER STLE.jpgLASER STLE.jpgVUK.jpgVUK.jpg

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I asked Steve how many games (not just ST) they could build in a day. He said the actual number was probably proprietary, but "more than 50 a day".

Thanks for your response.

Stern's advertised per diem production capacity of 50+ pins sounds impressive but it's not the answer I was looking for. Stern's production capacity is irrelevant as far as deciding if one wants to throw another $8000 yet on another 'generic' Stern pin. The actual production, not the production capacity, is the only indicator as to a whether or not a product is popular/selling.

I don't expect Stern or anyone else to reveal proprietary business info but I think I should avoid obfuscation whenever I can, especially before making big purchases on a limited budget. I wish Stern the best and would be genuinely saddened to see it fail, but, unfortunately, it's beginning to sound more and more like the Swan Song to many who are actually watching and listening.

#92 10 years ago

You had me at obfuscation....

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

I wonder if the lights in the apron (shields?) are going to be in the premium or not?

Yes, the shield lights in the apron will also be on the Premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-was-my-tour-guide/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.