66343950_(resized).jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
vader_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

I have no inside information, and know nobody important. With that said, what I've heard around is
- Ritchie isn't doing Game of Thrones, he's doing something else huge
- JJP is doing Star Wars

Wrong, and wrong.

#42 8 years ago

If there is a Star Wars pin around Episode VII only, you're looking at 2016 at the earliest.

And if Ritchie does it, it will be after his late 2015 pin, so you're looking at late 2016 at the earliest.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Personally I think the stupid plush toy Ewoks and the kindergarden-party at the end of Episode 6 are even worse than having to deal with Jar Jar Binks in the latest Episodes.

Jar Jar doesn't deserve to smell the Ewok's shit!

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Does it show anywhere that Stern Pinball Holds a License for Star Wars?
that would truly be the answer if this is a reality or fantasy
Gomez would be a good choice Since SWEP1 was the last SW pin made
just my .02

Gomez didn't design SWEP1 P2K.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I like Steve a lot. Really cool guy and the fact that he chats and engages with fellow pinheads on Facebook is great. That being said, I'm still bitter about Star Trek, lol. It was a major letdown for me. It really took some excellent code just to make it a decent game. The lack of toys, silly asteroids, and poor art direction (IMO) were a waste of a really good title. The pf layout was just okay (or "good" at best). I'd hate for that to happen with Star Wars too.

It what level of Hell is Star Trek a letdown?

Awesome pin! Lack of toys? Try the Vengeance ship! Most interactive toy since the castle in Medieval Madness.

Poor art direction? Not on my Premium!

Just an all around great pinball machine!

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

It's a letdown in all the areas I specifically noted. You think the Vengeance is the most interactive toy in pinball since MM 18 years ago?? I think there are a few thousand sane folks on here who would disagree. The artwork on the pf is weak at best. The silly asteroids and "laser show" were a big letdown. The complete lack of any movie characters on the playfield is terrible. The cartoonish dot animations for a movie that was visually stunning is ridiculous. The layout is nothing different or special to boot. So yeah, pretty much the only reason the game doesn't completely suck IMO is that it has some decent code and fun rules.
Then again, when it's the only game in your collection I guess you to pump it all you can.

Oh really? Please name a toy since the Medieval Madness castle (and MM castle didn't even have all of these) that functions as:

1. Interactive bash toy; reacts when hit.
2. Interactive bash toy that has a defeated mode.
3. Interactive bash toy that fires a pinball back at you.
4. Interactive bash toy with a magnet.
5. Multiball lock
6. Drop target.
7. Skill shot.
8. Extra Ball shot.
9. Mode start (Wizard modes).
10. Combo shot.

What's that, Chili?

*Crickets chirping*

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Vengence ship just jiggles around right...it's not like it sinks like the ship in POTC I don;t think.

Try a Premium or LE. Ship crashes when defeated.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

lol. Oh c'mon man, are you kidding me? The ball itself does not actually touch the ship itself does it? I'm pretty sure the ball has to actually touch the toy for it to be considered a bash toy like Wolverine in Xmen (and not a target underneath it.) The ship itself does nothing but jiggle (and tilt forward on the LE?) Sorry, but that's not overly exciting IMO. As TheLaw noted above a toy like the ship in POTC is far more detailed and exciting visually. Heck, TFLE has far more exciting toys that combined do a heck of a lot more then what you've listed for ST. Regardless, it's just my opinion and I've expressed it enough in the past so need to rehash it all again.

That's the great thing, the ball doesn't touch this bash toy, so it's damage is minimized. And yet the whole experience is unified. Crashes on the Premium too, not just the LE.

So, essentially you're giving up, unable to disprove my top ten feature list.

Kirk 1, Chili 0.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol...true. ST was not bad only in art and toys the code was a disaster too.

Wrong on both counts.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

It's kind of funny that you're both not right and at the same time not wrong.
The Vengeance is for sure not a bash toy (like Frank or Drac in MB, the ringmaster in CV or Balrog in LotR) and it doesn't interact directly with the ball at all. It's more of a drop target combined with a magnet and a toy mounted above it (like the martians in AFM).
Still, it manages to very cleverly create the illusion of "interaction" of the Vengeance with the ball and it does do a lot of different actions.
The commotion it produces and the illusion it creates is great fun, so I see no point in arguing about what exactly it is.
Also the artwork isn't great, especially above the flippers it looks far to cartoony (somebody said it looks like a McDonalds Happy Meal design, which I agree to). But then again it would have probably been a total disaster if they would have photoshopped the actors on the PF - just look at TRON, such a beautiful machine and PF, completely ruined by the actors faces slapped onto the playfield in the most amateur way possible.
The layout is basically STTNG in standard body format, so it's the trademark SR layout. Was a bit upset about the layout at first glance but you have to give it huge credit for being a great playing game. It's like STTNG on steroids. Yes, the laser show & baked potato asteroids are kind of stupid, but I seriously don't care about that, it's just deco stuff anyway.
What makes ST great is playability, sounds, effects and, yes, also the way the Vengeance area interacts with the ball adding a lot of punch to the game.

The artwork is just fine. Nothing cartoony about it. Certainly doesn't look like a Happy Meal (that's a very odd thing to say).

Nothing stupid about the laser show. I enjoy it very much, and so do many other Premium/LE owners. Every person who has played my game thinks the laser show is great! One more piece in this game's incredible light show.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I just bought a Star Trek, and I'm the other side of this argument... I loved the game from the time I tried it and Star Trek ranks somewhere right above Shaq Attaq and WWE for me as far as themes go.
The clean, somewhat sterile look of the playfield art matches the Star Trek theme for me without being over the top. If it was plastered with a bunch of character pictures (particularly from the new movies) it would have been much tougher for me to get over my dislike of the theme despite loving the game play.
I got a Pro, and my only real complaint with the game is that it has the worst translite since the Premier days. Chris Pine is supposed to be a hunk right? My wife couldn't care less about Star Trek *or* pinball and commented that it looked like crap. lol

Something got messed up with your quote. It was PinChilli that wrote those comments....but has my name and avatar in the quote!

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

No sparky is technically not a bash toy.
Bash toy would be like the genie from TOTAN or ringmaster in CV, Balrog in LOTR. The ship in POTC. Ball has to physically come in contact with the item to be considered a bash toy.

Didn't realize this was regulated. Is this a state or federal law?

7 months later
#164 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

How DARE that asshole bring up Jar Jar!
(Im assuming you were making an Ed Wood reference there? Awesome!)

Of course!

#165 8 years ago

Borg's doing Areosmith with Lonnie and the gang after Trudeau and Dwight do Ghostbusters.

Ritchie and Lyman are doing TFA for the final main game of 2016.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

@ Captain_Kirk - Do you think Star Wars will be available to ship before end of 2016?

Yes.

#179 8 years ago

Off with your heads, ye Ritchie haters!

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

As long as Lyman is on Star Wars, I'll insta-buy. Lyman is absolutely the key variable for any new Stern pin in my eyes.

Dwight is also excellent. Glad he's back at Stern.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Who's doing Jurassic World ?

No one, since it's not being made.

#197 8 years ago

I bet your Powerball winnings against mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 21.50
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-star-wars-?tu=captain_kirk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.