Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by taz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Superman.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Steve Ritchie has some interesting things to say about the new Star Trek LE machine, along with video of one at the Stern factory during the Expo 2013 tour today.

Sorry for the link but the video would not upload to Pinside, link says it will work for anyone:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202119553091625&l=684904089097090770

Here is the same video on YouTube:

Thanks!
Kyle

Post edited by viper001 : Additona link provided

#2 5 years ago

Now THAT'S exciting!!! That pin has taken pin design to a whole new level.

#3 5 years ago

Cliff notes? Had a hard time hearing everything clearly.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Cliff notes? Had a hard time hearing everything clearly.

Steve said the game kicks ass !

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for posting that, very interesting to see.

#6 5 years ago

The game is definitely eye-catching, it looks awesome!

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for the post.. appreciate the effort!

#8 5 years ago

Thank you again, for posting!

#9 5 years ago

For those that have seen my thread, this is the tour group I was in (I asked the question about the difference on the Vengence). Many thanks to Kyle for this video. Obviously Steve described te VUK change better than I did.

#10 5 years ago

Man that is a nice looking machine!

#11 5 years ago

I have to say, It looked good. I missed my chance to play it the other day. But depending on the BART strike. I shall play it this weekend. Maybe the LED's are so bright you cant even see the "Bevel & Emboss" I am very excited to play it.

#12 5 years ago

Designer who's rep depends on how many sell says its a hit? Wow! Anyone else other than SR I would call bs on....

But price increases killed it. STERN!!!!

#13 5 years ago

Still not $7500 worth of stuff here that's for sure.

#14 5 years ago

Now that is cool! And we already know its a fast, fun pin from what we've seen with the Pro... who needs a big honkin LCD anyway? Way to go Stern!

#16 5 years ago

The pin looks really cool ... but did anyone else notice that some of the LEDs on the chaser lights inside the cab appeared to be out? (I do like the chaser light effect; very nicely done.)

Teekee, you can't be too excited about the bling off the playfield. You can't play bling ... like an LCD. Right?

#17 5 years ago

If the could do an LCD the same size and provide the same info with better graphics, I personally don't like the WOZ led display. It's worthless to look at during play, unless you trap the ball, simply too much info for the moment you need it.

#18 5 years ago

Wow! Great video and man that LE looks awesome. A real showpiece for a Trekkie...

#19 5 years ago

The whole LCD debate is moot because it's been established the underlying hardware just can't support HD video. I do wish Stern made the LE dmd blue from factory though. That would have really pushed the whole package over the top.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

The pin looks really cool ... but did anyone else notice that some of the LEDs on the chaser lights inside the cab appeared to be out?

I thought it might be how they spaced them out...

Quoted from statsdoc:

Teekee, you can't be too excited about the bling off the playfield. You can't play bling ... like an LCD. Right?

sometimes less is better...

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

sometimes less is better...

Especially when talking about price. Unfortunately, the two don't seem to be correlated.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The whole LCD debate is moot because it's been established the underlying hardware just can't support HD video. I do wish Stern made the LE dmd blue from factory though. That would have really pushed the whole package over the top.

Who cares about HD video on a pin? The wizard of oz movie - not to mention every other movie since recently - looked quite good in regular old crappy SD. Still does too. The graphics on the WOZ LCD look great. although I agree 100% that during actual gameplay you'll drain your ball quick if you actually try and watch it.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Wow! Great video and man that LE looks awesome. A real showpiece for a Trekkie...

"Trekker".

#24 5 years ago

Thanks for the video. At the beginning Steve says that he went with all white G.I. So it appears that the color changing G.I. (red, white, and blue) that has been standard on recent LE and premium models and is on the feature matrix for this game has been dropped for straight all white G.I. unless I am hearing it wrong. Maybe someone at expo will confirm this after Steve's talk on the game. I really like that feature in recent games but assume that on this game the effect can be created by killing the G.I. completely and allowing the inserts to all become one color.

#25 5 years ago

Really nice video, thank you for sharing!

I look forward to getting a STLE... in about 10 years used

#26 5 years ago

This must clearly be a strategically placed Stern employee in the video to provide a clue to SR's next title.

Superman.jpg

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

This must clearly be a strategically placed Stern employee in the video to provide a clue to SR's next title.

Funny! Who knows...

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I look forward to getting a STLE... in about 10 years used

Why on earth would you wait until its increased in value by about 40%?

#29 5 years ago

Looks pretty awesome!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Still not $7500 worth of stuff here that's for sure.

Troll.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The LCD was always going to come with the new OS/boards. I don't recall anyone thinking SAM could handle a LCD.

#32 5 years ago

That being said, even with my LCD disappointment, Star Trek looks awesome! And the news that ColorDMD is now supporting SAM boards means I'll just slap a Sigma in there, turn it a pleasant shade of blue....and wait for the colored dots to be programmed!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

That being said, even with my LCD disappointment, Star Trek looks awesome! And the news that ColorDMD is now supporting SAM boards means I'll just slap a Sigma in there, turn it a pleasant shade of blue....and wait for the colored dots to be programmed!

Yea. The Blue DMD on this game really should have been standard.
Oh well.

#34 5 years ago

Has the LE dropped to 7500 now?

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Always was before shipping.

#36 5 years ago

Wow, someone speaking his mind is a troll? That is a BS liberal mentality if I ever heard one. I don't care what he did to the game it is still the same fan layout as every other stern and I am not interested.

#37 5 years ago

Well, who wouldn't like to get more for less. The right LE price for Stern is where they don't sell out immediately, but don't have leftover inventory either. If they keep selling out, the prices will keep going up. It's simple supply meets demand math. Any business owner would do the same.

#38 5 years ago

I have a blue LCD on my TRON - I actually like the red LCD on the Star Trek.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Jodester said:

"Trekker".

It's "Trekkie" The term "Trekker" is incorrect. This has been a debate on the internet for ages. As well quoted via startrek.com

"Trekkie's are true fans and can be extreme in their fandom and other trekkie's accept."

"Trekkers started in the 80's, when yuppies came out as fans but didn't want to be associated with "weirdos"."

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Wow, someone speaking his mind is a troll? That is a BS liberal mentality if I ever heard one. I don't care what he did to the game it is still the same fan layout as every other stern and I am not interested.

Troll #2.

#41 5 years ago

Troll Control :

#42 5 years ago

This is looking fantastic.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

It's "Trekkie" The term "Trekker" is incorrect. This has been a debate on the internet for ages. As well quoted via startrek.com
"Trekkie's are true fans and can be extreme in their fandom and other trekkie's accept."
"Trekkers started in the 80's, when yuppies came out as fans but didn't want to be associated with "weirdos"."

This explanation is the sign you are indeed a nerd! But I'm in the nerd line right in front of you

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

my buddy got one ordered for 7200 shipped at expo

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What about you father's cousin's brother's former roommate?

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How do I get one for that?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from VonBorakus:

How do I get one for that?

You need to know his buddy.

#48 5 years ago

Wow, this thread went dead for three days.....wonder why?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside