You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

T2 (resized).jpg
T3 (resized).jpg
Automatenheinz (resized).jpg
Untitled-1 (resized).jpg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 16 days ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I've re-imagined more Steve Richie pins than any other designer - STTNG, T2, F-14, 24, Star Trek, AC-DC, Firepower, Black Knight, High Speed and Spiderman. Learned a hell of lot about pinball game design from studying and reproducing his work.
Only Steve Richie pin I have no interest in is Led Balloon....I mean Zeplin. Thankfully, the layout can be salvaged with a re-theme.

Especially this theme seems to be one he always dreamt of, and since we all here love this great man we must respect it and we should be glad for him to see one more dream of his becomig true. Watch this video and listen to his words at 1min17sec. I've posted this already some time ago in Rotordave's own Zeppelin-toppic.

Me I'm not into Rock-music at all, and if I'm listening to music then it's Surf. I'm very much into movies and actors and would like to see more themes like that again. But if he likes it I'm happy for him. This man gave us so many great times with his machines so it's fine and I like it.

#52 16 days ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Lol, and the right orbit with increasing values.

and the left orbit leading to a saucer with mode/awards,
and Payback time from alternating ramps,
and the centre shot,
the cannon jackpot shot

T2 and T3 are VERY similar, and not just in theme

T2 (resized).jpgT3 (resized).jpg
#53 16 days ago

World Poker Tour is a seriously underrated gem. It clicks once you realise that all the poker play can be boiled down to fundamental shot basics, that making hands is much the same as how classic Gottlieb drop target pins from the 70s did it, and all the other poker terminology can be safely ignored. Then you can get on with the important business of scoring and stacking.

#54 16 days ago

You can never go wrong with a Steve Ritchie table is what I always say. I have yet to play a table from him that I didn't like.

#55 15 days ago

Another question - anybody got an idea if Steve Ritchie is on Pinside?
Please do not get me wrong - I've got no intention to stalk him, therefore I respect him too much, but I think it would be very interesting if he reads all our shit. And why shouldn't he, this might be one of the best places for market-research here.

There are other discussions if Gary Stern is a Pinsider, someone wrote he got proof, and why not.
I think I remember a post where someone wrote he got a PM from Steve Ritchie, but I forgot what toppic this was.

#56 15 days ago

I love AC/DC and I like T3. the rest I can do without.

#57 15 days ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

Please do not get me wrong - I've got no intention to stalk him, therefore I respect him too much, but I think it would be very interesting if he reads all our shit. And why shouldn't he, this might be one of the best places for market-research here.
There are other discussions if Gary Stern is a Pinsider, someone wrote he got proof, and why not.
I think I remember a post where someone wrote he got a PM from Steve Ritchie, but I forgot what toppic this was.

As far as I know, he lurks and does read posts. Every now and then he responds on his Facebook page.

#58 15 days ago

I really enjoy SR games. It’s a bonus that I find him a really fun and friendly pinball personality.

Owned

Spider-Man
STTNG
AC/DC
High Speed
Star Wars LE

Had on Trade

GoT Pro

Owned since released and plan to keep

Star Trek LE

Still want to own

Black Knight (1980)
Flash

#59 15 days ago

I'd say Steve Ritchie is the designer whom I learned the most from studying his work closely.

#60 15 days ago

Off the newer titles... Spiderman, Star Wars,

Spiderman may be the best overall shooting/flow Stern with the crazy combos you can rip.

90s STTNG

Probably the only designer where I can find something I like about every game (even the older games which arent my thing).... they are all a good time.

I dont think he has made one game I would not play if i came across one.

#61 14 days ago
Quoted from Mardi-Gras-Man:

He's been very critical of this forum, or maybe more accurately the majority of posters on here in the past so I doubt he spends much of his time here.

#62 11 days ago

I never really totally got into my Black Knight for years and years until I finally replaced all the original worn switches with either new leaf switches or retrofitting them with microswitches where I could, so that it plays 100%... and 100% of the time.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside