Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star wars.jpg
    image-934.jpg
    JawsPaws.jpg
    image.jpg
    batjaws.jpg
    gomer-surprise.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-88.jpg
    two.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    nexbigthing.jpg
    image-191.jpg
    jaws.jpg
    i_cylon.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 9 years ago

Last I heard Gomez was securing the rights to Guardians of the Galaxy...but I dont that's Steve's cup of tea.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's not like though that borg can pull from his vast array of winners he designed, because he hasn't really ever "designed" anything anyway, and he then rips off other designers.
    Don't confuse designers with coattail surfers please.

Wow man really? This guy is the heir apparent to all of the great designers from the B/W days. Did you see his MET hammer? He didn't just draw that, he actually did the engineering work for it. You should see the interview where he talks about his first game SW, and how he designed R2D2 with a waste basket and half of a basketball. You know we bash all of these guys (myself included) but the difference is we blog about it and they actually do it.

#129 9 years ago

derail.jpgderail.jpg

#162 9 years ago

No doubt Star Wars is up for grabs but I bet it will be a bidding war for it between JJP and Stern. I do however think JJ. Abrams SW is going to get the same treatment ST got. *sigh*

#185 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

And I hope it does....seriously. ST code is not complete but it's still super fun to play. I put it on par with Metallica and IM (and I put all three ahead of AC/DC). I'm not slamming AC/DC at all....I just prefer the other three. And once ST's code gets completed....look out!

I was talking about the movie.

1 week later
    #207 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Fast and Furious 7 (aka Furious 7). It's right up Steve's alley
    For the backglass (don't know about Paul Walker's presence, though, due to his death last year):

I have to agree this property is no doubt a blockbuster but the theme translates poorly for a pinball game.

#212 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I agree with Captain Kirk. Mustang is based on a single PRODUCT. F&F is a movie LICENSE. Yes, there are specific car models, but that's not the main draw. In FF's case, you have high-speed chases, fist fighting, crazy heists, hot women, shooting, dare devil stunts, explosions and balls-to-the-wall, bare-knuckled action. It's pure testosterone...and exactly what Ritchie's past games have been all about.

I'm going to go on a limb and say SR will not do FF. He has a peculiar taste and FF is not it, if it was he would have done it already, What that thing is on #7 now? I bet anything he's got his eyes on SW or another SCI-FI theme, Gomez is wrapping up the rights to "Guardians of the Galaxy" and we know the "Kiss" license was secured also but I guess we'll see soon enough.

PS: I forgot if "Mad Max Fury Road" is a big hit (I suspect it will kill)...you can bet he will on that one.

#221 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

He was busy with themes he really loved for part 2, 5 and 6 (T3, AC/DC, Star Trek, laid off from Stern for part 4 (2009), and part 3 sucked balls!

Thanks for making my point for me...

Quoted from RobT:

How is FF not up SR's alley? Seems like a good updated version of his High Speed themed pins.

High speed 3 will sell it self it doesn't need to be attached to FF to be a hit.

#222 9 years ago

Double post.

#225 9 years ago

I'm open to a friendly wager on the FF subject. A case of your favorite suds to the winner.

#234 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

It's not a matter of whether it will actually be SR's next pin or not. It's a discussion on whether or not the theme suites SR's style. I think it does.
    Even if it isn't SRs next pin, that isn't proof that it isn't his style of theme.

I think it's not and that's why he won't make it.

#256 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Kev, I know, you've already said that. But you've never explained why you think that's the case?
    In what way is FF not SRs style?

Well Rob, meeting him a few years ago helped getting a feel about him he just seems like a classic type of guy, a true product of the late 70's and 80's, yes even the 90's. I don't think he will volunteer for it. I think he will gravitate toward Terminator (he loves that pin, along with STTNG and Fire power) and Mad Max...why? Because those franchises were around during his heyday. He may come off as a adrenaline junkie macho kind of a guy but he's intelligent and a little nerdy. FF is not exactly a classic, it's more geared toward a younger demographic (under 25) without much of a storyline, just empty bravado. Every one of SR movie themes have an epic story line. So I maybe wrong, Stern might make him do it, if they see money in it, but last time I checked Pinball was supported by a much older audience. Someone should put up a poll to see how many of us would buy a FF pin, I'd like to know.

In the meantime here's some nice classic call outs for the machine:

The Most Quotable Lines From “The Fast and the Furious” Franchise

10. “I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I’m free.” — Dom, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)

9. “One car in exchange for knowing what a man’s made of. That’s a price I can live with.” — Han, “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift” (2006)

8. (The film’s villain to his own girlfriend) “They say your mom was the best trick in all of Kabukicho back in the day.” — D.K., “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift” (2006)

7. “That’s some driving for your ass! Ain’t that some driving for your ass?” — Roman, “2 Fast 2 Furious” (2003)

6. “So if you don’t drift to win, what do you drift for?” — Sean, “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift” (2006)

5. “Maybe you’re lying to yourself. Maybe you’re not the good guy pretending to be the bad guy. Maybe you’re the bad guy pretending to be the good guy.” — Mia, “Fast & Furious” (2009)

4. (As villainous Johnny Tran drives up) “Dom! We got a wolf pack!” — Jesse, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)

3. “Not that I want to contradict Harry’s fine judge of character but Torretto did hard time for nearly beating a guy to death. He’s got nitrous oxide in his blood and a gas tank for a brain.” — Sgt. Tanner, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)

2. (Walking into a dance club) “It’s a ho-asis in here, brah.” — Roman, “2 Fast 2 Furious” (2003)

1. “What’s up with this fool? What is he, sandwich crazy?” — Vince, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)

#278 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Didn't somebody say it was a TV license? So it's Game of Thrones. It's gotta be Game of Thrones...

I think I read that here as well....GoT wouldn't be bad.

#287 9 years ago

Lol...True.

#292 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

True enough....except for the 25 part....I'm 47. They're not "great" films with deep plots......but they are "fun", plain and simple.

Hey different strokes for different folks. I hope they make it so you can get one. I'm out for a while anyway...$15K so far this year on pins, not counting mods. I will keep the powder dry for a SW pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-lyman-sheats-pin-coming-in-2015?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.