Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star wars.jpg
    image-934.jpg
    JawsPaws.jpg
    image.jpg
    batjaws.jpg
    gomer-surprise.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-88.jpg
    two.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    nexbigthing.jpg
    image-191.jpg
    jaws.jpg
    i_cylon.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joelomatik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago

The next James Bond 007 comes out in 2015.

Would be a good fit for Steve.

#155 9 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

I hear the title will indeed be original. Talked to Steve about it last night. Called "Pre-Order Madness!"
    It will include a lcd in the backglass AND playfield. Before you can play you have to insert 50 cents and then wait for the machine to ask for another 50 cents. Sometimes the machine starts right away and sometimes it can wait to start up to a week. In some cases it seems to ask for more money before starting. The playfield art is on the LCD and looks horrible when you first start. Once you knockdown the THIS SUCKS drop targets the trolls pop out of the playfield and start insulting you. Knock down the trolls and the playfield art changes and looks normal. There's also a Rudy-like head you have to bash. The head claims to be an expert at everything. After bashing it 20 times it disappears off the playfield for a week then comes back. There's also a mode where the entire playfield looks like Styrofoam and the ball appears to drop through and then the game is over.
    They're hoping to ship the game in 7 years. They're projecting 5 LE versions but will probably create another 10 LE models sometime during the design phase.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#172 9 years ago
    Quoted from zsciaeount:

OK, guys. Please stop with the speculation. Here is the official word from an email from Steve himself when I asked if it would be KISS:

That's why Lyman and I are working on a TV license this time around, which will give us more of an opportunity to craft a game with a cohesive story and more unified shots and modes."
    That's the official word.

It's Keeping up with the Kardashians. I KNEW IT!!

You get to hit (smack) a giant molded version of Kim's ass. You also get to hit balls against a molded iteration of her face during Shut Up Multiball. Then the Kanye West motorized target comes up during Loudmouth Douchebag multiball. Hit him once to make him frantically turn left and right like the B-Zarr toy in Party Zone. Hit him again and he calls you a racist for hitting him. Hit him a third time and he'll jump out of the machine and manhandle you for big big points (Ala Crank it Up from Metallica).

You can stack both multiballs and 2x/3x playfield for a scoring bonanza!! Keep up the good work and you'll eventually reach wizard mode: Kooky Komplaining Konniption-fit Kardashian Kaos.

Steve is gonna knock this one out of the park. It's coming sometime next year on the 2nd anniversary of their bundle of joy, Northwest!

#182 9 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Do the balls actually go INTO the ass, or just slap around the outside?

It depends on which mode you're on (particularly the 3 pre-wizard modes: Drama Mama, Bitch Fest or Wine, Dine, 69). There's a risk/reward system ala AC/DC, so you better learn how to handle your balls and plunger shaft!

1 week later
    #205 9 years ago

Fast and Furious 7 (aka Furious 7). It's right up Steve's alley

For the backglass (don't know about Paul Walker's presence, though, due to his death last year):
    image-88.jpgimage-88.jpg

This would be cool for side backbox art:

image-188.jpgimage-188.jpg

#210 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

As much as I wish this were true (with the LCD release) I think Mustang's presumed poor sales will do in vehicle themes for awhile (yea, FF is really a heist series now...but still viewed as a vehicle centered one).

Quoted from kvan99:

I have to agree this property is no doubt a blockbuster but the theme translates poorly for a pinball game.

I agree with Captain Kirk. Mustang is based on a single PRODUCT. F&F is a movie LICENSE. Yes, there are specific car models, but that's not the main draw. In FF's case, you have high-speed chases, fist fighting, crazy heists, hot women, shooting, dare devil stunts, explosions and balls-to-the-wall, bare-knuckled action. It's pure testosterone...and exactly what Ritchie's past games have been all about.

#215 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

PS: I forgot if "Mad Max Fury Road" is a big hit (I suspect it will kill)...you can bet he will on that one.

Agreed there. That's another high-fueled, testosterone theme that fits SR's taste. I just hope it succeeds in theaters as a remake from a long-dormant theme.

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Yea, SR must hate car themes (HS, HS2), fast action vehicle games (F14, Airborne Avengers), action games (Firepower I/II, T2, T3, Star Trek), or games with hot women plastered all over them (Rollergames, ACDC Luci). Fast & Furious must be a pass for him.

This supports the fact that F&F, Terminator GeniSys , Mad Max and 007 Spectre are great possibilities for SR's next game. Steve has said he loves creating adversarial games. These fit the bill.

As for Jaws, Steve said on FB that he's NOT interested because it's an old license...but who knows?

#285 9 years ago

If it's based on a TV series...Sons of Anarchy?

Never watched the show (though I intend to), but it seems like a fit for Ritchie. Motorcycles, fighting, sex and action. The basic ingredients for a family-friendly pinball

image-934.jpgimage-934.jpg

#299 9 years ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

I've never watched GoT (the shame!) but I think it's gonna be a great pin. Plus with it not being due until the latter part of 2015 SR will have plenty of time to perfect it.

The only kink with GOT is that there are future books and HBO seasons to come out after 2015. Eg: A year after the pin comes out, there will be more characters and story lines, which may make the pin seem behind on content. Nonetheless, I'd be stoked as hell for a GOT pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joelomatik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-lyman-sheats-pin-coming-in-2015?tu=joelomatik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.