Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star wars.jpg
    image-934.jpg
    JawsPaws.jpg
    image.jpg
    batjaws.jpg
    gomer-surprise.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-88.jpg
    two.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    nexbigthing.jpg
    image-191.jpg
    jaws.jpg
    i_cylon.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I'd rather have more to shoot at than 3 wiiiide ramps and a single drop target.
    Seriously, I'm looking at ACDC and WPT (ignoring ST) and hoping for a killer, *creative* new game from these guys!

Plus 1000!

But what I'm expecting from SR again is a reworked AC/dc layout featuring Iron Maiden

Why wouldn't Stern try and re create AC/dc succes at the expense of creativity?

TWD is already much better than ST which is jumbled up coded mess imo

#64 9 years ago

Whatever Steve and Lyman are involved in together should be fun to play.

That WPT they did together was cool!

#65 9 years ago

Ok Capt. Kirk! Beam me up Scotty you can have it

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Games of Thrones sounds nice and the TV series is due for release April 2015 as with each season..
    so it would have to be a Spring release game..
    it could be a great theme and I love the last 2 SR pins..
    BUT, my main concern as with TWD is that it instantly becomes obsolete...GOT has all ready been approved for 2 more seasons beginning next year... and probably will get another after that..
    as time passes the pf will be "missing" more and more of the storyline (same for TWD now... it doesn't include anything from this season)....

Obsolete? How about Chris Pine and the last ST movie? That's instant obsolescence. There are a lot of great "obsolete" pins out there btw

And here comes Alien, Predator, TBL, and Jaws!

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from BestShot31:

My request for Steve's next game would be for him to request that Gary embrace the future and retools the factory to integrate widebody and/or LCD concepts into the new generation of Stern pins.

I believe there will be an LCD in 2015 for Stern and a wide body some time over the next several pins.

Or maybe they don't really care about growing their pinball business. I guess the new factory is designed and set to get into other markets such as gaming?

Hmmm, that will be interesting.

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

WPT? You of course mean Keith

I think it was the first Stern pin using the SAM system which Lyman created? And he along with Keith are on the credits of that pin. An all star team if you throw Granner in there.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I am not aware of Lyman being involved in the coding of WPT, is this correct? To my understanding it was all Keefer, but maybe I'm wrong.

On my WPT pin the instruction card gives "programming" credit to both Keith and Lyman. Sounds like Keith did most of it? I wonder if Keefer would weigh in here.

I believe Lyman played a big part in the SAM system, at least I remember reading that somewhere.

#117 9 years ago

I'd only consider a Stern pin with Lyman doing the code from here on out.

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Because the other possibility is Angry Birds and I think the Muppets is a better choice. Either way I do think that one of these two is a given based on a pinky swear secret discussion.

Wake me up when its over

#180 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Not to mention the game is awesome as it sits. I have a bunch of friends who play mine first out of the 14 games in my gameroom and rave over how awesome it is. I spoke to tons of people at FPF last weekend. Many said it is their favorite game.
    Funny how mountains get made out of mole hills...

No offense, but compared to the rest of the group, outside of Ac/dc, Whitewater and Woz, I get it....even though I would appreciate all of your classics, very much so, new bling is better to most!

#181 9 years ago

What that guy should have said is I'll never buy another Stern pin that Lyman Sheets is doing the programming on

That's a given for me.

#189 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Great, the 129 people will love their game.

And yes, I'll go with what Rick says and you too MN

#203 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

WPT game code and rules are by me.
    Dwight helped with a bunch of display effects.
    Lyman did the SAM codebase and fixed things/added system functionality as the game software progressed.

Well thanks for making WPT great!

#251 9 years ago

James Bond 007 would be right up there with TWD for me.

#258 9 years ago

Mad Max is another all time favorite of mine! Somebody is gonna do this pin if not Stern. Heighway?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-lyman-sheats-pin-coming-in-2015?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.