Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star wars.jpg
    image-934.jpg
    JawsPaws.jpg
    image.jpg
    batjaws.jpg
    gomer-surprise.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-88.jpg
    two.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    nexbigthing.jpg
    image-191.jpg
    jaws.jpg
    i_cylon.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

He's doing game of thrones... It's already begun

Nooooo! I wanted borg to do it, I was hoping for a bash toy throne..... no wait, bash toy castle...... no wait bash toy dog.....

I hope they reconsider, I mean so many bash toy options for borg and combining this with another copied layout, pure gold!

And don't forget about the magnet - booooom mind blown!

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Right, because Star Trek and AC/DC are such ORIGINAL layouts that have never been 99% done in pinball before....particularly by Steve himself. LAWSLZ

Please.... big dif there. See, Steve pulls from HIS history of massive winners, and builds off this. This is clearly due to a direction of Gary, as everyone at stern is clearly cutting whatever costs can be done at the design level.

It's not like though that borg can pull from his vast array of winners he designed, because he hasn't really ever "designed" anything anyway, and he then rips off other designers.

Don't confuse designers with coattail surfers please.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

How about a RUSH pin with a Big Al Dragon bash toy, juke box for the spirit of radio multiball, fly by night ramps and working man multiball - and of course, Tom Sawyer Wizard mode...

Name it right at least - Exit the Warrior wizard mode.

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

SR has designed a ton of innovative, fun pf layouts. Stuff like Rollergames, BK, High Speed/Getaway, No Fear, Firepower, even Spidey. He knows how to do 'new' fun layouts. But ST and ACDC? Definitely rehashed. Different/original doesn't have to be more expensive...

I think my post was not clear. I'm saying, in rebuttal to the fact that Frax listed ACDC and ST as recycled layouts, that Steve at least did this from his prior designs.

Again, I firmly believe this is a Stern present day constraint, as no one is really getting to innovative in the last few years, but at least Steve uses his designs as a base, borg just takes from others. I'm am not knocking SR at all.

I currently own ACDC Prem, NF, STTNG, F14, WPT, I'm a fan of SR for sure.

Quoted from iceman44:

Whatever Steve and Lyman are involved in together should be fun to play.

That WPT they did together was cool!

WPT? You of course mean Keith.

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I think it was the first Stern pin using the SAM system which Lyman created? And he along with Keith are on the credits of that pin. An all star team if you throw Granner in there.

I am not aware of Lyman being involved in the coding of WPT, is this correct? To my understanding it was all Keefer, but maybe I'm wrong.

I wasn't aware Lyman created SAM either... Are you saying he engineered the board set? That seems a little out of the realm of what I imagine he does.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-lyman-sheats-pin-coming-in-2015?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.