Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star wars.jpg
    image-934.jpg
    JawsPaws.jpg
    image.jpg
    batjaws.jpg
    gomer-surprise.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-88.jpg
    two.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    nexbigthing.jpg
    image-191.jpg
    jaws.jpg
    i_cylon.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

A 3peat in what way??? Lyman has nothing to do with ST and mentioning it in the same breath as ACDC is a joke.

You're right....ST is more fun to play. (I know I'll get thumbed down for that but I really feel that way).

#61 9 years ago

ST might be "rehashed" but it certainly plays differently than his other similarly laid out pins. ST & STTNG are two very different pins in the way they play and feel. Same with ST vs HS (or HSII). It has some unique shots as well. The "behind the right upper flipper" shot and the far left "lock" shot are different from the above similar pins. I'm really enjoying ST and can't wait to see how it might improve even further with additional code updates.

When I bought ST I thought I would play it for a little bit and then trade it for an IM. I still really want an IM but now I'm thinking that something else will have to go instead.

#111 9 years ago

Jaws? Great... Another one I can skip and save money for something else.

#114 9 years ago

Plus Alien pinball is based on the 1st & 2nd movies.

#176 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

No doubt Star Wars is up for grabs but I bet it will be a bidding war for it between JJP and Stern. I do however think JJ. Abrams SW is going to get the same treatment ST got. *sigh*

And I hope it does....seriously. ST code is not complete but it's still super fun to play. I put it on par with Metallica and IM (and I put all three ahead of AC/DC). I'm not slamming AC/DC at all....I just prefer the other three. And once ST's code gets completed....look out!

#191 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I was talking about the movie.

In that case I agree with you 100%.

Joss Whedon would have been a MUCH better choice to direct the new Star Wars.

1 week later
    #216 9 years ago

F&F is a BIG franchise and could make for a really good pin (10X better theme than Mustang).

Guardians could be a good one.

Mad Max? God I hope not. Really not that big of a franchise and I have a bad feeling about any upcoming remakes.

KISS??? Really? That's an absolutely horrible idea. Virtually no one cares about KISS anymore and I was around (and a big fan) in their heyday, but their time has come...... and gone.

#250 9 years ago

#1 Franchise = Star Wars but won't be done next.
    #2 Would be F&F (I bet it's an overall bigger franchise than Terminator at this point with a broader appeal to the general population).
    #3 Would be Terminator
    #4 Would be 007
    #3471 Would be Jaws
    #15,756 Would be KISS

#274 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

FF is not exactly a classic, it's more geared toward a younger demographic (under 25) without much of a storyline, just empty bravado.

True enough....except for the 25 part....I'm 47. They're not "great" films with deep plots......but they are "fun", plain and simple.

Quoted from kvan99:

Every one of SR movie themes have an epic story line.

Not sure how "epic" the recent ST movies have been in the way of story line. In fact they remind me more of the F&F franchise. Big "show" with little depth. Not that I'm really complaining.....they were fun and entertaining and that can be fine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-lyman-sheats-pin-coming-in-2015?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.