Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star wars.jpg
    image-934.jpg
    JawsPaws.jpg
    image.jpg
    batjaws.jpg
    gomer-surprise.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-88.jpg
    two.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    nexbigthing.jpg
    image-191.jpg
    jaws.jpg
    i_cylon.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 9 years ago

James Bond 007 would be right up there with TWD for me.

#252 9 years ago

James Bond would be great, I could handle a new Terminator pin or Jaws maybe but Fast and Furious? no thanks. Mad Max is my top pick. I think its a great theme for pinball and if there's to be cars involved would much rather see vehicles from MMax than FandF, I know it would be based on the upcoming film but Mad Max Road Warrior is the ultimate, Humongous Multiball now were talking.

#253 9 years ago

The new Mad Max Fury Road would be epic.
    So funny I was shot down by the theme by Gomez saying it's not family friendly, 2 months later Walking Dead pinball was announced lmao .....
    Road Warrior has a huge cult following and the new trailer looks epic, directed by Miller who's done all the films. Apocalyptic carmageddon action is timeless and badass.

Hey Steve, this theme is wayyyyyy better than Avatar
    As far as I'm concerned , the Mad Max franchise is right up there with Alien.

#254 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I think it's not and that's why he won't make it.

Kev, I know, you've already said that. But you've never explained why you think that's the case?

In what way is FF not SRs style?

#255 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

So funny I was shot down by the theme by Gomez saying it's not family friendly, 2 months later Walking Dead pinball was announced lmao .....
    Road Warrior has a huge cult following and the new trailer looks epic, directed by Miller who's done all the films. Apocalyptic carmageddon action is timeless and badass.
    » YouTube video

Who is that in your avatar? The new film would be just fine with me as well.

#256 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Kev, I know, you've already said that. But you've never explained why you think that's the case?
    In what way is FF not SRs style?

Well Rob, meeting him a few years ago helped getting a feel about him he just seems like a classic type of guy, a true product of the late 70's and 80's, yes even the 90's. I don't think he will volunteer for it. I think he will gravitate toward Terminator (he loves that pin, along with STTNG and Fire power) and Mad Max...why? Because those franchises were around during his heyday. He may come off as a adrenaline junkie macho kind of a guy but he's intelligent and a little nerdy. FF is not exactly a classic, it's more geared toward a younger demographic (under 25) without much of a storyline, just empty bravado. Every one of SR movie themes have an epic story line. So I maybe wrong, Stern might make him do it, if they see money in it, but last time I checked Pinball was supported by a much older audience. Someone should put up a poll to see how many of us would buy a FF pin, I'd like to know.

In the meantime here's some nice classic call outs for the machine:

The Most Quotable Lines From “The Fast and the Furious” Franchise

10. “I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I’m free.” — Dom, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)

9. “One car in exchange for knowing what a man’s made of. That’s a price I can live with.” — Han, “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift” (2006)

8. (The film’s villain to his own girlfriend) “They say your mom was the best trick in all of Kabukicho back in the day.” — D.K., “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift” (2006)

7. “That’s some driving for your ass! Ain’t that some driving for your ass?” — Roman, “2 Fast 2 Furious” (2003)

6. “So if you don’t drift to win, what do you drift for?” — Sean, “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift” (2006)

5. “Maybe you’re lying to yourself. Maybe you’re not the good guy pretending to be the bad guy. Maybe you’re the bad guy pretending to be the good guy.” — Mia, “Fast & Furious” (2009)

4. (As villainous Johnny Tran drives up) “Dom! We got a wolf pack!” — Jesse, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)

3. “Not that I want to contradict Harry’s fine judge of character but Torretto did hard time for nearly beating a guy to death. He’s got nitrous oxide in his blood and a gas tank for a brain.” — Sgt. Tanner, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)

2. (Walking into a dance club) “It’s a ho-asis in here, brah.” — Roman, “2 Fast 2 Furious” (2003)

1. “What’s up with this fool? What is he, sandwich crazy?” — Vince, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)

#257 9 years ago

"I don't have friends....I got family" -- Dom, "Furious 7". Camera pans to Paul Walker. Chills.

#258 9 years ago

Mad Max is another all time favorite of mine! Somebody is gonna do this pin if not Stern. Heighway?

#259 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Well Rob, meeting him a few years ago helped getting a feel about him he just seems like a classic type of guy, a true product of the late 70's and 80's, yes even the 90's. I don't think he will volunteer for it. I think he will gravitate toward Terminator (he loves that pin, along with STTNG and Fire power) and Mad Max...why? Because those franchises were around during his heyday. He may come off as a adrenaline junkie macho kind of a guy but he's intelligent and a little nerdy. FF is not exactly a classic, it's more geared toward a younger demographic (under 25) without much of a storyline, just empty bravado. Every one of SR movie themes have an epic story line. So I maybe wrong, Stern might make him do it, if they see money in it, but last time I checked Pinball was supported by a much older audience. Someone should put up a poll to see how many of us would buy a FF pin, I'd like to know.
    In the meantime here's some nice classic call outs for the machine:
    The Most Quotable Lines From “The Fast and the Furious” Franchise
    10. “I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I’m free.” — Dom, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)
    9. “One car in exchange for knowing what a man’s made of. That’s a price I can live with.” — Han, “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift” (2006)
    8. (The film’s villain to his own girlfriend) “They say your mom was the best trick in all of Kabukicho back in the day.” — D.K., “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift” (2006)
    7. “That’s some driving for your ass! Ain’t that some driving for your ass?” — Roman, “2 Fast 2 Furious” (2003)
    6. “So if you don’t drift to win, what do you drift for?” — Sean, “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift” (2006)
    5. “Maybe you’re lying to yourself. Maybe you’re not the good guy pretending to be the bad guy. Maybe you’re the bad guy pretending to be the good guy.” — Mia, “Fast & Furious” (2009)
    4. (As villainous Johnny Tran drives up) “Dom! We got a wolf pack!” — Jesse, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)
    3. “Not that I want to contradict Harry’s fine judge of character but Torretto did hard time for nearly beating a guy to death. He’s got nitrous oxide in his blood and a gas tank for a brain.” — Sgt. Tanner, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)
    2. (Walking into a dance club) “It’s a ho-asis in here, brah.” — Roman, “2 Fast 2 Furious” (2003)
    1. “What’s up with this fool? What is he, sandwich crazy?” — Vince, “The Fast and the Furious” (2001)

Thanks Kev!

You always have a good basis for your opinions, which is why I asked you to expound on your reasons for thinking FF wasn't a theme that SR would care for. I understand where you are coming from.

#260 9 years ago

I'm not ashamed to admit I would seriously consider a "The Fast and the Furious" pin...

#261 9 years ago

Vin Diesel strikes me as the kind of guy who might be down to do custom callouts for a pin. I could totally see him getting excited about being involved in a game (again, he already did the Riddick video game.)

He's not your typical action movie star, he's muscled up, he has the glare and play bad asses, but he's a geek at heart. Used to play role playing games, loves science fiction, and bought out the Riddick franchise from the movie studio just so he could keep that universe alive. Then he did that awesome job on Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy. Not every big name would record the same words over and over and over, in multiple languages even.

I ... I think I'm sounding like I have a man crush.

Seriously though, I want to hear him screaming JACKPOT MOTHERFU**KER!

#262 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Vin Diesel strikes me as the kind of guy who might be down to do custom callouts for a pin. I could totally see him getting excited about being involved in a game (again, he already did the Riddick video game.)
    He's not your typical action movie star, he's muscled up, he has the glare and play bad asses, but he's a geek at heart. Used to play role playing games, loves science fiction, and bought out the Riddick franchise from the movie studio just so he could keep that universe alive. Then he did that awesome job on Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy. Not every big name would record the same words over and over and over, in multiple languages even.
    I ... I think I'm sounding like I have a man crush.
    Seriously though, I want to hear him screaming JACKPOT MOTHERFU**KER!

Agreed. I could see a Riddick pin as well.

When you drain and get the ball back "Don't know how many times I've been crossed off the list and left for dead. "

Or when you start the game. "I'm gonna go balls deep into Dahl. But only because she asked me to. Sweet-like. "

#263 9 years ago

I would be interested in a The fast and the furious pin for sure...but then I would also be interested in a Bond or Terminator pin too.

#264 9 years ago

I'd be interested in the new 007 for a pin theme if Stephen hawking is the villain

#265 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

» YouTube video

This isn't freaking nintendo! Give us adult action/blood themed pins. Mad max would rock........ if coded right

#266 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

He's not your typical action movie star, he's muscled up, he has the glare and play bad asses, but he's a geek at heart. Used to play role playing games, loves science fiction, and bought out the Riddick franchise from the movie studio just so he could keep that universe alive.

Interesting. The first time I noticed Vin Diesel was when I borrowed a random movie from a friend called "Pitch Black." It was both the first glimpse at him in a leading role as well as the character Riddick and it was surprisingly well done on all accounts. It was a good move for him to buy out the franchise, as he was responsible for making it what it is. I might even argue a Riddick pinball machine would be a better theme than F&F, but F&F is more well known to the masses, I don't think either are bad choices.

#267 9 years ago

I would love to see a Mad Max or Riddick pin. Both would be awesome. Having Vin Diesel on board would be cool, so I'd go for Riddick.

#268 9 years ago

Riddick would be a badass theme. F&F... yuck.

#269 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Mad Max is another all time favorite of mine! Somebody is gonna do this pin if not Stern. Heighway?

You need a Road Kings !!!!

#270 9 years ago

My vote for Ritchie's next pin is Terminator Genisys....it makes a lot of sense...he says T2 is one of his all time favorite fun games to play, and he likes to do remakes (T2-T3, High Speed-Getaway, STTNG-Star Trek).....

#271 9 years ago

Didn't somebody say it was a TV license? So it's Game of Thrones. It's gotta be Game of Thrones...

#272 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Didn't somebody say it was a TV license? So it's Game of Thrones. It's gotta be Game of Thrones...

It is

#273 9 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I'm not ashamed to admit I would seriously consider a "The Fast and the Furious" pin...

I'm not ashamed to admit I would never ever seriously consider a "The Fast and the Furious" pin...

#274 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

FF is not exactly a classic, it's more geared toward a younger demographic (under 25) without much of a storyline, just empty bravado.

True enough....except for the 25 part....I'm 47. They're not "great" films with deep plots......but they are "fun", plain and simple.

Quoted from kvan99:

Every one of SR movie themes have an epic story line.

Not sure how "epic" the recent ST movies have been in the way of story line. In fact they remind me more of the F&F franchise. Big "show" with little depth. Not that I'm really complaining.....they were fun and entertaining and that can be fine.

#275 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Futurama is long overdue.

#276 9 years ago

How about an original, non-licensed themed pin and then pass the savings onto the consumer or put the money into the machine's features!

#277 9 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

How about an original, non-licensed themed pin and then pass the savings onto the consumer or put the money into the machine's features!

The license doesn't really cost that much when you break it down by machine built.

I think you would be disappointed with the "savings".

#278 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think I read that here as well....GoT wouldn't be bad.

#279 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

It'd be bad for my wallet.

#280 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The license doesn't really cost that much when you break it down by machine built.
    I think you would be disappointed with the "savings".

Frankly a license can be cheaper than doing it from scratch. What you get for the license is characters and story and art and sounds and all that good stuff. You don't have that? Someone's gotta take the time to make it. That's money.

#281 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I've never watched GoT (the shame!) but I think it's gonna be a great pin. Plus with it not being due until the latter part of 2015 SR will have plenty of time to perfect it.

#282 9 years ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

I've never watched GoT (the shame!) but I think it's gonna be a great pin. Plus with it not being due until the latter part of 2015 SR will have plenty of time to perfect it.

Wouldn't they want it out when the series starts again in April? That's the timing they used for TWD.

#283 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wouldn't they want it out when the series starts again in April? That's the timing they used for TWD.

For a movie release, I'd say you're right -but this is a tv series that's peaking in popularity so the timing isn't as sensitive in my opinion.

#284 9 years ago

stern just posted a redbull drift event vid! you know f&f is coming out next year

#285 9 years ago

If it's based on a TV series...Sons of Anarchy?

Never watched the show (though I intend to), but it seems like a fit for Ritchie. Motorcycles, fighting, sex and action. The basic ingredients for a family-friendly pinball

image-934.jpgimage-934.jpg

#286 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinmeister:

Futurama is long overdue.

Too long. Show's dead.

Quoted from mufcmufc:

It's LOTR with T&A

#287 9 years ago

Lol...True.

#288 9 years ago

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

star wars.jpgstar wars.jpg
    #289 9 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Riddick would be a badass theme. F&F... yuck.

I would forego eating that my dining room table to move it to get a Riddick Pin in my house. awwww yeah...

#290 9 years ago

I would love a Riddick pin, but I just can't see that one ever happening. Fast and Furious wouldn't surprise me, I had heard my own rumors about that one.

#291 9 years ago

Mad max would be a preorder for me! My fave band as my first pin and my fave move as my second!! Lets do this!

#292 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

True enough....except for the 25 part....I'm 47. They're not "great" films with deep plots......but they are "fun", plain and simple.

Hey different strokes for different folks. I hope they make it so you can get one. I'm out for a while anyway...$15K so far this year on pins, not counting mods. I will keep the powder dry for a SW pin.

#293 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

If it's based on a TV series...Sons of Anarchy?
    Never watched the show (though I intend to), but it seems like a fit for Ritchie. Motorcycles, fighting, sex and action. The basic ingredients for a family-friendly pinball

image-934.jpg 328 KB

the show is over.

#294 9 years ago

If it is any of the following, then I'm in. Just take my money...

1 - Justin Beiber
    2 - One Direction
    3 - Keeping up with the Kardashians

#295 9 years ago
    Quoted from thearcadegeek:

If it is any of the following, then I'm in. Just take my money...
    1 - Justin Beiber
    2 - One Direction
    3 - Keeping up with the Kardashians

Why not all three!

#296 9 years ago

Another vote for Game of Thrones. Good theme for pinheads, tons of source material.

Some of the guesses here are silly. SOA? Futurama? TV shows aren't like rock bands.

#297 9 years ago

So I have AC/DC LE, Metallica LE........I think I need one more Rock themed game!
    It's time for a STEEL PANTHER pinball game!!!!

#298 9 years ago

valar morghulis

#299 9 years ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

The only kink with GOT is that there are future books and HBO seasons to come out after 2015. Eg: A year after the pin comes out, there will be more characters and story lines, which may make the pin seem behind on content. Nonetheless, I'd be stoked as hell for a GOT pin.

#300 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

The only kink with GOT is that there are future books and HBO seasons to come out after 2015. Eg: A year after the pin comes out, there will be more characters and story lines, which may make the pin seem behind on content. Nonetheless, I'd be stoked as hell for a GOT pin.

Since Stern is selling mods now, maybe they could sell an update kit a few years after they build a pin to keep it fresh. Add or replace a few toys, new call outs, video mode, etc. If they integrate an Interactive LCD somewhere on the playfield that really opens up some flexibility. I'm not saying they should charge for code updates, but I'm sure most of us would be willing to pay for a factory update that changes gameplay. Or better yet, they could start releasing GOT SE's (Sequel Edition).

There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-lyman-sheats-pin-coming-in-2015/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.