Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star wars.jpg
    image-934.jpg
    JawsPaws.jpg
    image.jpg
    batjaws.jpg
    gomer-surprise.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-88.jpg
    two.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    nexbigthing.jpg
    image-191.jpg
    jaws.jpg
    i_cylon.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 9 years ago

WPT game code and rules are by me.

Dwight helped with a bunch of display effects.

Lyman did the SAM codebase and fixed things/added system functionality as the game software progressed.

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Lyman did the SAM codebase and fixed things/added system functionality as the game software progressed.

Soooooo what you're saying is we need a Ritchie/keefer/Lyman reunion?

#203 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Well thanks for making WPT great!

#204 9 years ago

Surely it's Die Hard.
    Yippee Kyay Motherfuckar!!

#205 9 years ago

Fast and Furious 7 (aka Furious 7). It's right up Steve's alley

For the backglass (don't know about Paul Walker's presence, though, due to his death last year):
    image-88.jpgimage-88.jpg

This would be cool for side backbox art:

image-188.jpgimage-188.jpg

#206 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

For the backglass (don't know about Paul Walker's presence, though, due to his death last year):

This would be cool for side backbox art:

image-88.jpg 231 KB

image-188.jpg 46 KB

As much as I wish this were true (with the LCD release) I think Mustang's presumed poor sales will do in vehicle themes for awhile (yea, FF is really a heist series now...but still viewed as a vehicle centered one).

#207 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I have to agree this property is no doubt a blockbuster but the theme translates poorly for a pinball game.

#208 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I have to agree this property is no doubt a blockbuster but the theme translates poorly for a pinball game.

How does a fast paced concept translate poorly to a fast paced game???

The High Speed pins were big hits from Ritchie.

Mustang sucks balls for many reasons, but the theme is a product, not a movie or concept. If you dislike Mustangs, you wouldn't want the pin. F&F have many different cars in them, foreign and domestic. There's something for everyone.

#209 9 years ago

I hope Lyman's working on it NOW so it will be finished when it releases.

#210 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

As much as I wish this were true (with the LCD release) I think Mustang's presumed poor sales will do in vehicle themes for awhile (yea, FF is really a heist series now...but still viewed as a vehicle centered one).

Quoted from kvan99:

I agree with Captain Kirk. Mustang is based on a single PRODUCT. F&F is a movie LICENSE. Yes, there are specific car models, but that's not the main draw. In FF's case, you have high-speed chases, fist fighting, crazy heists, hot women, shooting, dare devil stunts, explosions and balls-to-the-wall, bare-knuckled action. It's pure testosterone...and exactly what Ritchie's past games have been all about.

#211 9 years ago

A Lawrence Welk pin with Jim Neighbors multiball and a bubble machine topper?

#212 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I agree with Captain Kirk. Mustang is based on a single PRODUCT. F&F is a movie LICENSE. Yes, there are specific car models, but that's not the main draw. In FF's case, you have high-speed chases, fist fighting, crazy heists, hot women, shooting, dare devil stunts, explosions and balls-to-the-wall, bare-knuckled action. It's pure testosterone...and exactly what Ritchie's past games have been all about.

I'm going to go on a limb and say SR will not do FF. He has a peculiar taste and FF is not it, if it was he would have done it already, What that thing is on #7 now? I bet anything he's got his eyes on SW or another SCI-FI theme, Gomez is wrapping up the rights to "Guardians of the Galaxy" and we know the "Kiss" license was secured also but I guess we'll see soon enough.

PS: I forgot if "Mad Max Fury Road" is a big hit (I suspect it will kill)...you can bet he will on that one.

#213 9 years ago

Fast & Furious could be awesome - kind of like a High Speed 3 but with a license.
    I like the movie Jaws, but F&F could be a killer game, IMO F&F has more potential.

Mustang was like a "50 Years In Business" Ford Company poster, and the artwork was exactly that -> boring.

#214 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I'm going to go on a limb and say SR will not do FF. He has a peculiar taste and FF is not it, if it was he would have done it already, What that thing is on #7 now? I bet anything he's got his eyes on SW or another SCI-FI theme, Gomez is wrapping up the rights to "Guardians of the Galaxy" and we know the "Kiss" license was secured also but I guess we'll see soon enough.
    PS: I forgot if "Mad Max Fury Road" is a big hit (I suspect it will kill)...you can bet he will on that one.

When would he have done it by now? He wasn't working at Stern (or making pinball games) when the first one came out in 2001. He was busy with themes he really loved for part 2, 5 and 6 (T3, AC/DC, Star Trek, laid off from Stern for part 4 (2009), and part 3 sucked balls!

#215 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Agreed there. That's another high-fueled, testosterone theme that fits SR's taste. I just hope it succeeds in theaters as a remake from a long-dormant theme.

#216 9 years ago

F&F is a BIG franchise and could make for a really good pin (10X better theme than Mustang).

Guardians could be a good one.

Mad Max? God I hope not. Really not that big of a franchise and I have a bad feeling about any upcoming remakes.

KISS??? Really? That's an absolutely horrible idea. Virtually no one cares about KISS anymore and I was around (and a big fan) in their heyday, but their time has come...... and gone.

#217 9 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

A Lawrence Welk pin with Jim Neighbors multiball and a bubble machine topper?

gomer-surprise.jpggomer-surprise.jpg

#218 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

F&F is a BIG franchise and could make for a really good pin (10X better theme than Mustang).

VERY big franchise....and unlike many sequels, F&F has grown in it's box-office over the last 3 movies. I can safely predict that 7 will make even more money because of interest over Paul Walkers last performance, and a month all to itself before the Avengers return.

#219 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

How is FF not up SR's alley? Seems like a good updated version of his High Speed themed pins.

#220 9 years ago

Terminator Genisys.

#221 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

He was busy with themes he really loved for part 2, 5 and 6 (T3, AC/DC, Star Trek, laid off from Stern for part 4 (2009), and part 3 sucked balls!

Thanks for making my point for me...

Quoted from RobT:

How is FF not up SR's alley? Seems like a good updated version of his High Speed themed pins.

High speed 3 will sell it self it doesn't need to be attached to FF to be a hit.

#222 9 years ago

Double post.

#223 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

High Speed 3 will sell it self it doesn't need to be attached to FF to be a hit.

Not the point though

You said FF isn't SRs taste. Seems to me it is based on him doing HS twice.

#224 9 years ago

No Fear 2015 !

Red Bull Extreme Sports ?

#225 9 years ago

I'm open to a friendly wager on the FF subject. A case of your favorite suds to the winner.

#226 9 years ago

True story..... I spoke with Gary Stern earlier this year before the death of Paul Walker. F&F was on the table. No idea if it's still viable but it's one hell of a franchise. Would make a great game with Vin custom speech.

#227 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Thanks for making my point for me...

High Speed 3 will sell it self it doesn't need to be attached to FF to be a hit.

Not really. Didn't say F&F trumped the other three....but if nothing else trumps F&F...now's the time.

High Speed is a Williams theme.....NOT coming to Stern. Ritchie told us this directly at TPF.

#228 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

True story..... I spoke with Gary Stern earlier this year before the death of Paul Walker. F&F was on the table. No idea if it's still viable but it's one hell of a franchise. Would make a great game with Vin custom speech.

You mean last year. Paul Walker died in November of 2013.

#229 9 years ago

Mad Max.

#230 9 years ago

You mean last year. Paul Walker died in November of 2013.

ya

#231 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I'm open to a friendly wager on the FF subject. A case of your favorite suds to the winner.

It's not a matter of whether it will actually be SR's next pin or not. It's a discussion on whether or not the theme suites SR's style. I think it does.

Even if it isn't SRs next pin, that isn't proof that it isn't his style of theme.

#232 9 years ago

Personally I think that F&F could make an awesome theme but JUST as important are the callouts and music.
    I for one would rather Stern raised prices even further (gasp! Oh no he didn't!). If it meant licensed music and real actor call-outs.

Enough with the licensed themes and then cheapening out on the sounds. It just cheapens the whole experience once you're doing staring at the cab/translight, and hit the start button.

#233 9 years ago

Jaws.

#234 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

It's not a matter of whether it will actually be SR's next pin or not. It's a discussion on whether or not the theme suites SR's style. I think it does.
    Even if it isn't SRs next pin, that isn't proof that it isn't his style of theme.

I think it's not and that's why he won't make it.

#235 9 years ago

Could it be for next summer's Terminator 5 movie? T2 is a Ritchie classic, so maybe he'll try to beat that.

#236 9 years ago

BatJAWS?

batjaws.jpgbatjaws.jpg

#237 9 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Could it be for next summer's Terminator 5 movie? T2 is a Ritchie classic, so maybe he'll try to beat that.
    » YouTube video

I have a whole thread about this one.....It's still my number #1 guess before F&F.

#238 9 years ago

Nov 2015
    New Bond

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #239 9 years ago

Bond pin would be bad arse!

#240 9 years ago

Terminator GENISYS trailer!

#241 9 years ago

Terminator GENISYS trailer!
    » YouTube video

Of all the suggestions in this thread. I think TG is the best for ritchie/sheats.

#242 9 years ago

SR was the one who demanded the T3 pin design from Stern. Too bad Gary's wallet beat out Steve's design ideas.

#243 9 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Of all the suggestions in this thread. I think TG is the best for ritchie/sheats.

Or he might track down Dwight Sullivan. He did the code on T2 and T3.

#244 9 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

» YouTube video

Beat you to this educated guess, look 14 posts above yours...

#246 9 years ago

Hope to see JAWS made

JawsPaws.jpgJawsPaws.jpg

#247 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yea, SR must hate car themes (HS, HS2), fast action vehicle games (F14, Airborne avengers), action games (Firepower I/II, T2, T3, Star Trek), or games with hot women plastered all over them (Rollergames, ACDC Luci). Fast & Furious must be a pass for him.

#248 9 years ago

I would be in for a new 007 game...

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Yea, SR must hate car themes (HS, HS2), fast action vehicle games (F14, Airborne Avengers), action games (Firepower I/II, T2, T3, Star Trek), or games with hot women plastered all over them (Rollergames, ACDC Luci). Fast & Furious must be a pass for him.

This supports the fact that F&F, Terminator GeniSys , Mad Max and 007 Spectre are great possibilities for SR's next game. Steve has said he loves creating adversarial games. These fit the bill.

As for Jaws, Steve said on FB that he's NOT interested because it's an old license...but who knows?

#250 9 years ago

#1 Franchise = Star Wars but won't be done next.
    #2 Would be F&F (I bet it's an overall bigger franchise than Terminator at this point with a broader appeal to the general population).
    #3 Would be Terminator
    #4 Would be 007
    #3471 Would be Jaws
    #15,756 Would be KISS

There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-lyman-sheats-pin-coming-in-2015/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.