5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

star wars.jpg
    image-934.jpg
    JawsPaws.jpg
    image.jpg
    batjaws.jpg
    gomer-surprise.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-88.jpg
    two.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    nexbigthing.jpg
    image-191.jpg
    jaws.jpg
    i_cylon.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

JPPs next game is not a wide body.

Really? I only heard it will be awsome and great and from Pat Lawlor non-licened theme, nothing about the PF size.

#152 5 years ago

I hear the title will indeed be original. Talked to Steve about it last night. Called "Pre-Order Madness!"

It will include a lcd in the backglass AND playfield. Before you can play you have to insert 50 cents and then wait for the machine to ask for another 50 cents. Sometimes the machine starts right away and sometimes it can wait to start up to a week. In some cases it seems to ask for more money before starting. The playfield art is on the LCD and looks horrible when you first start. Once you knockdown the THIS SUCKS drop targets the trolls pop out of the playfield and start insulting you. Knock down the trolls and the playfield art changes and looks normal. There's also a Rudy-like head you have to bash. The head claims to be an expert at everything. After bashing it 20 times it disappears off the playfield for a week then comes back. There's also a mode where the entire playfield looks like Styrofoam and the ball appears to drop through and then the game is over.

They're hoping to ship the game in 7 years. They're projecting 5 LE versions but will probably create another 10 LE models sometime during the design phase.

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

My request to Stern is to never build a widebody game.

There is one upside to companies making widebody games though: I get to save my money

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

I hear the title will indeed be original. Talked to Steve about it last night. Called "Pre-Order Madness!"

They're hoping to ship the game in 7 years. They're projecting 5 LE versions but will probably create another 10 LE models sometime during the design phase.

The question on everyone's mind: will they announce a Premium model?

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

It will include a lcd in the backglass AND playfield. Before you can play you have to insert 50 cents and then wait for the machine to ask for another 50 cents. Sometimes the machine starts right away and sometimes it can wait to start up to a week. In some cases it seems to ask for more money before starting. The playfield art is on the LCD and looks horrible when you first start. Once you knockdown the THIS SUCKS drop targets the trolls pop out of the playfield and start insulting you. Knock down the trolls and the playfield art changes and looks normal. There's also a Rudy-like head you have to bash. The head claims to be an expert at everything. After bashing it 20 times it disappears off the playfield for a week then comes back. There's also a mode where the entire playfield looks like Styrofoam and the ball appears to drop through and then the game is over.

image.jpg

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Yes in theory that would be Greta. But Steve hates KISS. Steve does what Steve wants. He would only work on a theme he likes.......Time will tell

GOT ya

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Why are so many people saying jaws? One of my favorite movies ever. No idea why stern would consider a 30+ year old title. What am I missing?

40th anniversary in 2015. That's what your missing.

That being said, I still say it's Terminator: Genisys or Fast and Furious.

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

40th anniversary in 2015.

We will make no pinball machine before it's time.

#159 5 years ago

Who's going to release a Star Wars Pin next year? I thought that would be Stern?

#160 5 years ago

Star Wars makes sense. Especially a Ritchie/Lyman duo. Epic design team, epic code team, epic theme.

That said, you guys need to read the fine print. Even though it's Ritchie/Lyman 2015 - it's really Ritchie/Lyman 2017 when the pin is actually completed good thing too cause I need a little time to save up for it

#161 5 years ago

OK, guys. Please stop with the speculation. Here is the official word from an email from Steve himself when I asked if it would be KISS:

"The band tie-ins have served Stern really well in terms of sales and player feedback, but they can be difficult in terms of crafting interesting shots and modes that fit with the theme and the individual songs.

That's why Lyman and I are working on a TV license this time around, which will give us more of an opportunity to craft a game with a cohesive story and more unified shots and modes.

I can't give you a lot of details, but I can tell you that our next game will be "Cagney and Lacey," based upon the hit 1980's detective show. We are still working out a few of the details with both Tyne Daly and Sharon Gless, but they are both slated to record new voices for the game (I'll be doing some as well). Players will get to experience the excitement of this interesting take on the cop/buddy drama, and I think it's going to be the best game we've made yet!

More to come --SSR"

That's the official word.

#162 5 years ago

No doubt Star Wars is up for grabs but I bet it will be a bidding war for it between JJP and Stern. I do however think JJ. Abrams SW is going to get the same treatment ST got. *sigh*

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Who's going to release a Star Wars Pin next year? I thought that would be Stern?

STARWARS!! Would be great for this team especially if they can get the new operating system and LCD going by then!

#164 5 years ago

There, I fixed it for you.

Post edited by moderator: Do not mis quote people.

#165 5 years ago

W/ a December release on Star Wars I'd be surprised if whomever picks up the license could get it on site in 2015, so I think SW7 would be a '16 pin...

Rod

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from Soltic:

W/ a December release on Star Wars I'd be surprised if whomever picks up the license could get it on site in 2015, so I think SW7 would be a '16 pin...
    Rod

Agreed.

#167 5 years ago

Star Wars could be Borg again, Spring '16, since the other designers would be due in '15. Spring '16 would make sense as their movie licenses generally follow the theatrical release by 6 months. Likely because they don't have much access to the movie assets until after release (and home video).

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from zsciaeount:

That's why Lyman and I are working on a TV license this time around, which will give us more of an opportunity to craft a game with a cohesive story and more unified shots and modes.
    I can't give you a lot of details, but I can tell you that our next game will be "Cagney and Lacey," based upon the hit 1980's detective show. We are still working out a few of the details with both Tyne Daly and Sharon Gless, but they are both slated to record new voices for the game (I'll be doing some as well). Players will get to experience the excitement of this interesting take on the cop/buddy drama, and I think it's going to be the best game we've made yet!
    More to come --SSR"

He told me WKRP in Cincinnati since they finally got the music licensing issues worked out and got the series out on DVD!

"Flying" turkey multiball would have been epic!

#169 5 years ago

Lots of folks saying it's Jaws coming up because, Oh I dunno, cuz it is.

That's it! I'm done here!!

#170 5 years ago

Will never buy another Steve Ritchie pin because of how he left Star Trek. They ruined that game and don't seem to care to fix it.

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from Twilliams:

Will never buy another Steve Ritchie pin because of how he left Star Trek. They ruined that game and don't seem to care to fix it.

How so? I thought it was fairly well regarded?

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from zsciaeount:

OK, guys. Please stop with the speculation. Here is the official word from an email from Steve himself when I asked if it would be KISS:

That's why Lyman and I are working on a TV license this time around, which will give us more of an opportunity to craft a game with a cohesive story and more unified shots and modes."

It's Keeping up with the Kardashians. I KNEW IT!!

You get to hit (smack) a giant molded version of Kim's ass. You also get to hit balls against a molded iteration of her face during Shut Up Multiball. Then the Kanye West motorized target comes up during Loudmouth Douchebag multiball. Hit him once to make him frantically turn left and right like the B-Zarr toy in Party Zone. Hit him again and he calls you a racist for hitting him. Hit him a third time and he'll jump out of the machine and manhandle you for big big points (Ala Crank it Up from Metallica).

You can stack both multiballs and 2x/3x playfield for a scoring bonanza!! Keep up the good work and you'll eventually reach wizard mode: Kooky Komplaining Konniption-fit Kardashian Kaos.

Steve is gonna knock this one out of the park. It's coming sometime next year on the 2nd anniversary of their bundle of joy, Northwest!

#173 5 years ago

Can't be a Kardashians pin…. Stern does not do widebody pins!

Quoted from JoelOmatik:

You get to hit (smack) a giant molded version of Kim's ass. You also get to hit balls against a molded iteration of her face during Shut Up Multiball. Then the Kanye West motorized target comes up during Loudmouth Douchebag multiball. Hit him once to make him frantically turn left and right like the B-Zarr toy in Party Zone. Hit him again and he calls you a racist for hitting him. Hit him a third time and he'll jump out of the machine and manhandle you for big big points (Ala Crank it Up from Metallica).
    You can stack both multiballs and 2x/3x playfield for a scoring bonanza!! Keep up the good work and you'll eventually reach wizard mode: Kooky Komplaining Konniption-fit Kardashian Kaos.
    Steve is gonna knock this one out of the park. It's coming sometime next year on the 2nd anniversary of their bundle of joy, Northwest!

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

Can't be a Kardashians pin…. Stern does not do widebody pins!

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from Twilliams:

Um ... WTF? Not only is Steve Ritchie not the programmer on Star Trek, he's been publicly pissed about his being broken code-wise, and he's committed to riding the programmers to get it right. They just have other shit to do I guess, so it's a matter of finding time. Don't put this one on Ritchie.

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

No doubt Star Wars is up for grabs but I bet it will be a bidding war for it between JJP and Stern. I do however think JJ. Abrams SW is going to get the same treatment ST got. *sigh*

And I hope it does....seriously. ST code is not complete but it's still super fun to play. I put it on par with Metallica and IM (and I put all three ahead of AC/DC). I'm not slamming AC/DC at all....I just prefer the other three. And once ST's code gets completed....look out!

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

You get to hit (smack) a giant molded version of Kim's ass.

Do the balls actually go INTO the ass, or just slap around the outside? I prefer more interactive toys...

Quoted from JoelOmatik:

You also get to hit balls against a molded iteration of her face during Shut Up Multiball.

HA HA HA!!

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Um ... WTF? Not only is Steve Ritchie not the programmer on Star Trek, he's been publicly pissed about his being broken code-wise, and he's committed to riding the programmers to get it right. They just have other shit to do I guess, so it's a matter of finding time. Don't put this one on Ritchie.

+1000

That comment was truly asinine.

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

+1000
    That comment was truly asinine.

Not to mention the game is awesome as it sits. I have a bunch of friends who play mine first out of the 14 games in my gameroom and rave over how awesome it is. I spoke to tons of people at FPF last weekend. Many said it is their favorite game.

Funny how mountains get made out of mole hills...

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Not to mention the game is awesome as it sits. I have a bunch of friends who play mine first out of the 14 games in my gameroom and rave over how awesome it is. I spoke to tons of people at FPF last weekend. Many said it is their favorite game.
    Funny how mountains get made out of mole hills...

No offense, but compared to the rest of the group, outside of Ac/dc, Whitewater and Woz, I get it....even though I would appreciate all of your classics, very much so, new bling is better to most!

#181 5 years ago

What that guy should have said is I'll never buy another Stern pin that Lyman Sheets is doing the programming on

That's a given for me.

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Do the balls actually go INTO the ass, or just slap around the outside?

It depends on which mode you're on (particularly the 3 pre-wizard modes: Drama Mama, Bitch Fest or Wine, Dine, 69). There's a risk/reward system ala AC/DC, so you better learn how to handle your balls and plunger shaft!

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Gary is right to consider his customer base as a bunch of middle-aged white guys stuck on decades-old themes and standard width games. I'm personally hoping for something a LOT more relevant to the present.

Well at least that makes two of us.

two.jpeg

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well at least that makes two of us.

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

And I hope it does....seriously. ST code is not complete but it's still super fun to play. I put it on par with Metallica and IM (and I put all three ahead of AC/DC). I'm not slamming AC/DC at all....I just prefer the other three. And once ST's code gets completed....look out!

I was talking about the movie.

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Lots of folks saying it's Jaws coming up because, Oh I dunno, cuz it is.
    That's it! I'm done here!!

Great, the 129 people will love their game.

#187 5 years ago

Shark is quite good. I have one. Wide body, four flippers. Was a favourite from the arcade days. Pobably because it was the easiest to win a game on.

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Everytime I see your avatar, I can never disagree with what you say because in my mind "Hannah Minx can never be wrong..."

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

And yes, I'll go with what Rick says and you too MN

#190 5 years ago

Jurassic World.

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I was talking about the movie.

In that case I agree with you 100%.

Joss Whedon would have been a MUCH better choice to direct the new Star Wars.

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rick432:

Jurassic World.
    » YouTube video

Wow that looks good.

#193 5 years ago

Iron Maiden or Megadeth please!

#194 5 years ago

Fantastic Four seems like a stretch. Last I heard, Disney/Marvel had canned the comics. Fox still owns the film rights but I don't imagine any additional licenses would be easy to negotiate.

#195 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Star Wars makes sense. Especially a Ritchie/Lyman duo. Epic design team, epic code team, epic theme.
    That said, you guys need to read the fine print. Even though it's Ritchie/Lyman 2015 - it's really Ritchie/Lyman 2017 when the pin is actually completed good thing too cause I need a little time to save up for it

It makes a lot of sense as they have to replace the cash cow AC/DC next year. So the theme is extremly important and that's why Star Wars is (my point of view) the strongest licence they can get.

And due to the delay of code you get basicially 3 pins, one alpha, one beta and final version. Three for the price of one

#196 5 years ago

I wish they made a Men in Black pin. It could have a noisy cricket skill shot and the match sequence clip would show agent J neuralyzing you lol

#197 5 years ago

In the OP's video Steve R. says that J.J. Abrams was tough to work with. So possibly Steve will not working on a Star Wars.

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

short a coupla zeros there bra!!

#199 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

mnpinball said:

Actually I think you over estimated by 100 or so.

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Guess the "Cosby Show" is out of the running now....

idunno, seems like there are some new possibilities for bash toys.......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Judge Dredd plastic Out of stock
    Pinball Haus
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside