Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star wars.jpg
    image-934.jpg
    JawsPaws.jpg
    image.jpg
    batjaws.jpg
    gomer-surprise.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-88.jpg
    two.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    nexbigthing.jpg
    image-191.jpg
    jaws.jpg
    i_cylon.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't know man.

severed-head-jaws.jpg 12 KB

Take a good look at TWDLE far left head. Moustache, missing left eye, mouth agape. Besides, Guy told me he hid a surprise in the fish tank. Now I know what he meant!

I'm informing you: it IS Ben Gardners head. Lol. Not speculation, fact.

#102 9 years ago

i'd be happy with a jaws pinball, hope you are right.

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

it IS Ben Gardners head.

Can I have it back then?
    35965-9838.gif35965-9838.gif

#104 9 years ago

Although it's not what I want to hear, I expect Stern will have Ritchie and Sheats work on KISS next.
    How can they not, when ACDC sold so well?
    If you ran the company, could you afford not to have the wonder duo attempt to repeat their previous success?

Still, I would love to see a Jurassic Park with a couple cool toys, ramps, and great flow.

#105 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Can I have it back then?

Shrunken head. Sorry Ben.

'Once we get them silly bastards into the those rock piles there'll be some fun they'll wish their fathers had never met their mothers when they start slamming their bottoms out and piling into them rocks boy '

#106 9 years ago

Great news for sure. I'm glad I did'nt buy into TWD, Hobbit or any of the other current offerings now. I can save my cash and space for the JJP Lawler game or Steve's next project. It gives me time to try to get tired of something in the current collection too.

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

SR has designed a ton of innovative, fun pf layouts. Stuff like Rollergames, BK, High Speed/Getaway, No Fear, Firepower, even Spidey. He knows how to do 'new' fun layouts. But ST and ACDC? Definitely rehashed. Different/original doesn't have to be more expensive...

I think my post was not clear. I'm saying, in rebuttal to the fact that Frax listed ACDC and ST as recycled layouts, that Steve at least did this from his prior designs.

Again, I firmly believe this is a Stern present day constraint, as no one is really getting to innovative in the last few years, but at least Steve uses his designs as a base, borg just takes from others. I'm am not knocking SR at all.

I currently own ACDC Prem, NF, STTNG, F14, WPT, I'm a fan of SR for sure.

Quoted from iceman44:

Whatever Steve and Lyman are involved in together should be fun to play.

That WPT they did together was cool!

WPT? You of course mean Keith.

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

WPT? You of course mean Keith

I think it was the first Stern pin using the SAM system which Lyman created? And he along with Keith are on the credits of that pin. An all star team if you throw Granner in there.

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I think it was the first Stern pin using the SAM system which Lyman created? And he along with Keith are on the credits of that pin. An all star team if you throw Granner in there.

I am not aware of Lyman being involved in the coding of WPT, is this correct? To my understanding it was all Keefer, but maybe I'm wrong.

I wasn't aware Lyman created SAM either... Are you saying he engineered the board set? That seems a little out of the realm of what I imagine he does.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I am not aware of Lyman being involved in the coding of WPT, is this correct? To my understanding it was all Keefer, but maybe I'm wrong.

On my WPT pin the instruction card gives "programming" credit to both Keith and Lyman. Sounds like Keith did most of it? I wonder if Keefer would weigh in here.

I believe Lyman played a big part in the SAM system, at least I remember reading that somewhere.

#111 9 years ago

Jaws? Great... Another one I can skip and save money for something else.

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Although it's not what I want to hear, I expect Stern will have Ritchie and Sheats work on KISS next.
    How can they not, when ACDC sold so well?
    If you ran the company, could you afford not to have the wonder duo attempt to repeat their previous success?
    Still, I would love to see a Jurassic Park with a couple cool toys, ramps, and great flow.

Yes in theory that would be Greta. But Steve hates KISS. Steve does what Steve wants. He would only work on a theme he likes.......Time will tell

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Jaws? Great... Another one I can skip and save money for something else.

Jeez that's exactly right.. Nothing obsolete about a contemporaneous machine.. so yeah cool Jaws when it was real and classic (1975).. not the multiple BS later remakes/sequels that meant nothing....

Yeah I KNOW Aliens was a sequel, BUT.. it was just as relevant and kick as-! as the original that's why it works for Heighway and Alien fans..

#114 9 years ago

Plus Alien pinball is based on the 1st & 2nd movies.

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Muppets is next with Trudeau. That is a given at this point.

That's a combo with some interesting possibilities, if true. But I've not heard or seen anything that would make a Muppets pin anywhere near a "given".

What makes you think this is true?

#116 9 years ago

I'd consider Jaws if it was Steve/Lyman, otherwise pass. KISS - pass no matter who.

#117 9 years ago

I'd only consider a Stern pin with Lyman doing the code from here on out.

#118 9 years ago

The Munsters !

#119 9 years ago

Pinside needs a new emoticon. Have a nice day!

Emoticon.jpgEmoticon.jpg

#120 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Yes in theory that would be Greta. But Steve hates KISS. Steve does what Steve wants. He would only work on a theme he likes.......Time will tell

Not to mention the fact that it would be the third music pin in a row for Lyman. If you play a song too much, it starts to suck.

#121 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

What makes you think this is true?

Because the other possibility is Angry Birds and I think the Muppets is a better choice. Either way I do think that one of these two is a given based on a pinky swear secret discussion.

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Because the other possibility is Angry Birds and I think the Muppets is a better choice. Either way I do think that one of these two is a given based on a pinky swear secret discussion.

Wake me up when its over

#123 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Pinside needs a new emoticon. Have a nice day!

Emoticon.jpg 15 KB

watcmen.jpgwatcmen.jpg

FTFY

#124 9 years ago

Anyway, everybody knows the next game is "Tombstone"...

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

I was sure the way things are heading it would be The Brady Bunch.

#126 9 years ago

I heard my little pony

#127 9 years ago

i heard this prick is the next one...

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg
    #128 9 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

Not if we have anything to say about it...

Teletubbies.jpgTeletubbies.jpg

#129 9 years ago

derail.jpgderail.jpg

#130 9 years ago

Here we go again. Ug, Pinside.

Hearsay-150x150.jpgHearsay-150x150.jpg
    #131 9 years ago

Everyone with inside info knows this is gonna be Steve's next pin:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#132 9 years ago

Girls... GIRLS! Your all pretty. Besides, we all know it's going to be BSG.

i_cylon.jpgi_cylon.jpg

#133 9 years ago

What's that ? Kids cartoon ?

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

My wife would make me buy an Angry Birds pin, but I think the Muppets would have greater appeal.

#135 9 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

maxresdefault.jpg 142 KB

If you have kids or ever suffered through Barney, you would know that a Barney pin with Barney as the bash toy would sell millions ...

#136 9 years ago

Why are so many people saying jaws? One of my favorite movies ever. No idea why stern would consider a 30+ year old title. What am I missing?

#137 9 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

What am I missing?

Irony.

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Why are so many people saying jaws?

The man was after all...a legend.
    jaws.jpgjaws.jpg

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The man was after all...a legend.

Especially in Philly. Cool to hear they're finally building another sports themed game.

image-191.jpgimage-191.jpg
    #140 9 years ago

Could it, finally be an ESPN pin?

nexbigthing.jpgnexbigthing.jpg

#141 9 years ago

"Coming in 2015, the pinball that will piss EVERYBODY off..."

bird1.jpgbird1.jpg

#142 9 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Why are so many people saying jaws? One of my favorite movies ever. No idea why stern would consider a 30+ year old title. What am I missing?

People are just fishing.

#143 9 years ago

Gary is right to consider his customer base as a bunch of middle-aged white guys stuck on decades-old themes and standard width games. I'm personally hoping for something a LOT more relevant to the present.

#144 9 years ago

Guess the "Cosby Show" is out of the running now....

#145 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Please STOP with the Superman BS. The new movie Batman vs Superman doesn't hit until 2016.
    It's not Steve's next game.

maybe he was referring to the Atari Superman pin....

#146 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Thank god, kiss sucks.

#147 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I believe there will be an LCD in 2015 for Stern and a wide body some time over the next several pins.
    Or maybe they don't really care about growing their pinball business. I guess the new factory is designed and set to get into other markets such as gaming?
    Hmmm, that will be interesting.

During the announcement of the building Gomez said the advantage is, that they have 2 lines to produce pins which doubles their capacity. Doesn't sound to me like getting into other markets.

Concerning wide bodys: Why do you think Jake only produces wide bodies? Becasue the layout of the production line is designed to wide body. So and what about Gary's production line? Looks to me like they are designed for 'normal'.

#148 9 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Why the hell would they build a pin with a pizza theme?

#149 9 years ago
    Quoted from Duex:

During the announcement of the building Gomez said the advantage is, that they have 2 lines to produce pins which doubles their capacity. Doesn't sound to me like getting into other markets.
    Concerning wide bodys: Why do you think Jake only produces wide bodies? Becasue the layout of the production line is designed to wide body. So and what about Gary's production line? Looks to me like they are designed for 'normal'.

I consider redemption games to be an "other" market.

JPPs next game is not a wide body.

#150 9 years ago
    Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Games of Thrones sounds nice and the TV series is due for release April 2015 as with each season..
    so it would have to be a Spring release game..
    it could be a great theme and I love the last 2 SR pins..
    BUT, my main concern as with TWD is that it instantly becomes obsolete...GOT has all ready been approved for 2 more seasons beginning next year... and probably will get another after that..
    as time passes the pf will be "missing" more and more of the storyline (same for TWD now... it doesn't include anything from this season)....

If they base it off the books then it won't be obsolete until 2025 when Winds of Winter finally comes out

There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-lyman-sheats-pin-coming-in-2015/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.