Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star wars.jpg
    image-934.jpg
    JawsPaws.jpg
    image.jpg
    batjaws.jpg
    gomer-surprise.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-88.jpg
    two.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    nexbigthing.jpg
    image-191.jpg
    jaws.jpg
    i_cylon.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 9 years ago

DPO Expo 2014 Seminar - Steve Ritchie

23:00 min starts

Will we have a three-peat? (AC/DC, ST, 2015 Pin)

#3 9 years ago

A 3peat in what way??? Lyman has nothing to do with ST and mentioning it in the same breath as ACDC is a joke.

#4 9 years ago

3peat as in Steve Ritchie designing 3 kick-ass games in a row.

#5 9 years ago

He's doing game of thrones... It's already begun

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

A 3peat in what way??? Lyman has nothing to do with ST and mentioning it in the same breath as ACDC is a joke.

You're right....ST is more fun to play. (I know I'll get thumbed down for that but I really feel that way).

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

You're right....ST is more fun to play. (I know I'll get thumbed down for that but I really feel that way).

Thanks needed a good chuckle before bed.

#9 9 years ago

Star Trek is fantastic already and getting better soon. Can't wait for Steve's next pin.
    I only own two Stern pins and they are AC/DC and Star Trek. Awesome combo.

#10 9 years ago

Please STOP with the Superman BS. The new movie Batman vs Superman doesn't hit until 2016.
    It's not Steve's next game.

#11 9 years ago

Yes another speculation thread.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Please STOP with the Superman BS. The new movie Batman vs Superman doesn't hit until 2016.

Whatevs. sorry you know it all.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Yes another speculation thread.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Oh man . . . another dream theme if so . . . crap . . .

#15 9 years ago

Unless their next pin is a band I can't stand, or is without ramps, I'm not sure how I'll be able to keep my wallet closed. And that's not good cause I figured a Full Throttle/Alien pin would be finding a way to my place as my 2015 pin purchase.
    First world problems.

REALLY wish I knew when we're going to hear the announcement though. Waiting for the pin is one thing, but we could end up waiting most of 12 months, only to find out the theme isn't one that we might want in our homes.

Very cool though -gives me something to look forward to for 2015 without having to send some unknown company $1000s of dollars I might never see again.

#16 9 years ago

First Colour screen

#18 9 years ago

Downton Abbey in 2015! Woo hoo!

Servant dining room lower playfield!
    Cricket bat flippers!
    Sink the Titanic playfield toy!

I'm in for an LE!

#19 9 years ago

Avengers age of ultron (April 2015) or terminator 5 (July 2015) or Jurassic world (June 2015)

#20 9 years ago

Iron Maiden please

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Let's hope they don't use the guy from Mustang and WD for the call outs

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

oh man, i better start saving.

#24 9 years ago

Last I heard Gomez was securing the rights to Guardians of the Galaxy...but I dont that's Steve's cup of tea.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Last I heard Gomez was securing the rights to Guardians of the Galaxy...but I dont that's Steve's cup of tea.

"I need that guys arm" and "dance off" multiball!

#26 9 years ago

Dirty Hairier too, that's my prediction.

#27 9 years ago

Avengers, Fantastic Four, Star Wars, Mad Max or Jurassic World?

The closer it is to being towards the end of that list, the happier I'll be.

Mad Max would hit our demographic more than the others I'd say.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Nooooo! I wanted borg to do it, I was hoping for a bash toy throne..... no wait, bash toy castle...... no wait bash toy dog.....

I hope they reconsider, I mean so many bash toy options for borg and combining this with another copied layout, pure gold!

And don't forget about the magnet - booooom mind blown!

#29 9 years ago

Considering TWD is Lyman's game, there is no way he'd be working on the next Stern release. If the next Stern is spring (Trudeau? or what if Gomez got back in the saddle again?), it's possible Steve's game would be end of '15.

#30 9 years ago

The next James Bond 007 comes out in 2015.

Would be a good fit for Steve.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Nooooo! I wanted borg to do it, I was hoping for a bash toy throne..... no wait, bash toy castle...... no wait bash toy dog.....
    I hope they reconsider, I mean so many bash toy options for borg and combining this with another copied layout, pure gold!

Right, because Star Trek and AC/DC are such ORIGINAL layouts that have never been 99% done in pinball before....particularly by Steve himself. LAWSLZ

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Avengers, Fantastic Four, Star Wars, Mad Max or Jurassic World?
    The closer it is to being towards the end of that list, the happier I'll be.
    Mad Max would hit our demographic more than the others I'd say.

Avengers was done already, Fantastic Four...eh, I think only if it's good and gets a sequel - and no one thinks that is going to happen - Guardians of the Galaxy is the most logical Superhero pin to go with. Star Wars - big possibility, but would they wait to do a trilogy version? Mad Max, no way...cult fanbase and no way to know if the new movie will be any good. Jurassic World - I could see that happening. JP was a big hit for DE and that was a long time ago. Everyone loves dinos. Large demographic for sales and location play.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Right, because Star Trek and AC/DC are such ORIGINAL layouts that have never been 99% done in pinball before....particularly by Steve himself. LAWSLZ

I'd rather have 3 ramps as in ST then 3 bash toys as in TWDLE. To each their own though..

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

It's Iron Maden!!!!!!!!
    (one week later)
    IT'S KISS!!!!!!!
    (one week later)
    no kiss. It's Zeppelin!!!!??!?!?!??!??!!!11111`1
    (one week later)
    nope. Iron Maden....

(pin finally comes out)

Metallica

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

I'd rather have 3 ramps as in ST then 3 bash toys as in TWDLE.

But it's not like TWD has no ramps. It has two ramps plus three bash toys plus two magnets. I'm not saying TWD is a better game, but it definitely has a lot more going on in terms of interactive toys.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

I'd rather have 3 ramps as in ST then 3 bash toys as in TWDLE. To each their own though..

I'd rather not be forced to buy LE's to pay 2 grand more for metal wireforms and a VUK, but hey, that's what the choice was on STLE. Doesn't play any different than the pro. Almost every pro I have played you were able to just hold up the left flipper and catch the ball from the left scoop without it bouncing off or triggering the sling, so what the hell was the point of the VUK.....oh, that's right, it was a failed design that was supposed to shoot the ball up the warp ramp, modified for reliability instead of fun.

Every design Stern has released recently has had stupid design choices, IMO. Just making a point. We live with what we get, but calling Borg out for recycling layouts is just nuts. At least he's TRIED to do something other than the two-ramp-orbit-and-questionable-sucker-center-shot layout....put ramp shots in different places, brought back some old fun stuff we haven't seen in a while (Magneto magnet+disc spinner, lift ramp with bash toy underneath, trolls), while still trying to do do some new stuff as well (tron disc, Xavier's huge VUK to the ramp+moving ramp on X-Men, combo bash toy/scoop for METLE snake jaw).

Meanwhile, I really struggle on AC/DC and Star Trek to find things that are original or interesting re-use of old mechanics or toys. My favorite Ritchie game from the last 10 years (keep in mind I haven't really played WPT too much..) is AC/DC, but it's got very little to do with the layout itself... I hate the mini-playfield...I think it's a disaster of a feature unless they ever get to the point where they integrate it with a multiball. STLE was hyped up to be his best game ever, and the one interesting planned feature got cut because it wasn't mechanically reliable. Everything else is visual fluff.

#37 9 years ago

Why does the game have to be a licensed theme, would be real nice if Steve could get creative again and make his own creative theme for next new machine. IMO the only real solid theme left out there to license would be Game of Thrones and that would be fine but would really like to see them compete with JJP and put out something original. Then move onto Star Wars for his next title.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Why does the game have to be a licensed theme, would be real nice if Steve could get creative again and make his own creative theme for next new machine.

Watch the whole video, he talks about that and how he wishes he could.

I love Ritchie, guy is so honest, calls it like he sees it. That's my kind of guy.

#39 9 years ago

I just wish they would cut him loose to do what he wants to do, instead of all the licenced crap. Maybe then we would see something more original in terms of layout. Would like to see more things like Elivs, and less things like Spider-Man (and t2...and T3....and ST....and ACDC...)

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

GOT would make for a great pinball theme. Let's hope Stern can secure some voice work from the actors or AT LEAST be able to use lines from the show this time around.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from S37VEN:

GOT would make for a great pinball theme. Let's hope Stern can secure some voice work from the actors or AT LEAST be able to use lines from the show this time around.

NO!!! I want the redneck to do all the voices of the game. And PLEASE make the theme music kind of resemble GOT, but just a bit off so that it actually isn't GOT. "Jeff Gordon is coming around the last corner of Daytona for Breaker of Chains Multiball!!!". Varoom!

Quoted from Atomicboy:

YES!!! Please, catch the ball on the magnet and then drop it straight down the middle! It is how I know a game is good. That sweet SDTM magnet design is the best!

#42 9 years ago

They're making a Michael Bay Pin. When you open the box, the game explodes, but it is totally worth it if you like explosions and don't care about game rules and art/layout/etc.

The LE version has a leprechaun that pops out of the box with it.

#43 9 years ago

I'm excited for another Ritchie/Lyman game! I do hope it isn't a music theme, because those deserve a bit more of a break after the totally kickass ACDC and Metallica pins.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Please.... big dif there. See, Steve pulls from HIS history of massive winners, and builds off this. This is clearly due to a direction of Gary, as everyone at stern is clearly cutting whatever costs can be done at the design level.

It's not like though that borg can pull from his vast array of winners he designed, because he hasn't really ever "designed" anything anyway, and he then rips off other designers.

Don't confuse designers with coattail surfers please.

#45 9 years ago

Black Knight: The Next Generation - BK2K15

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

hope they work a toilet into that game somehow.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

But it's not like TWD has no ramps. It has two ramps plus three bash toys plus two magnets. I'm not saying TWD is a better game, but it definitely has a lot more going on in terms of interactive toys.

ST's toy isn't great, but it's fun and satisfying. It's a drop, it's a magnet hold, it's a kickback, it's got the "explosion" and "crash" FX. It fits the theme well. TWD's toys blow. A house, basically. You hit the doors (a wall) which reveals a giant head (another wall). It's a big waste of space, and visually odd to have a giant head in a doorway. The Well Walker - Another giant torso figure that falls back a bit. Might as well be a target bank. The head under the ramp...it's a head under a ramp. Doesn't do anything cool like NGG. TWD may end up a well coded and fun game - but it got boned in the toy department. Maybe more toys than ST, but none of them really do anything.

#48 9 years ago

Mayor-Vaughn-Scene.jpgMayor-Vaughn-Scene.jpgarticle-1335778806854-12d5e0fe000005dc-530864_636x404.jpgarticle-1335778806854-12d5e0fe000005dc-530864_636x404.jpgjaws24tvf-1-web.jpgjaws24tvf-1-web.jpg

#49 9 years ago

Oh gee, I hope it has a bash toy, because that hasn't been done in like forever!

</sarcasm>

Chris

#50 9 years ago

How about a RUSH pin with a Big Al Dragon bash toy, juke box for the spirit of radio multiball, fly by night ramps and working man multiball - and of course, Tom Sawyer Wizard mode...

There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-lyman-sheats-pin-coming-in-2015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.