Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,188 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3247CD2B-FEA7-47EF-800A-1F7D84A6BF65.gif
    7641E997-6D12-4C7A-B098-5C9970529CD3.gif
    E2F49AFD-CC2E-45F1-A9E1-8E3F5BFC7651 (resized).jpeg
    236408805_1199699550549611_2501784493730357848_n (resized).jpg
    C1A1E3D5-4C5C-4B17-A924-8FBAA9EA09DB (resized).jpeg
    076CE60D-D9DF-413D-A228-C67DBE18EDD4 (resized).jpeg
    id4.gif
    Levi.jpg
    vonnied (resized).png
    vonnied1.png (resized).jpg
    06CFDC04-2462-4FEC-A29F-1737EA195526 (resized).png
    F7E6C6B8-CFFC-4FEA-92D5-F4229B72F080 (resized).png
    C6DBB8CD-E279-479B-BCA4-D6B7E3B20CFA (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 2 years ago

Problem is the “king of flow” (and speed) would be going to a company with soft flippers. ST and SM are flow beasts. BKSOR is empty but lightning fast.

Meanwhile I’ve played 4 different JJP’s in the past few months and thought they all were soft flipping games. Most recently was a NIB GnR and none of the shots feel that great (ramps especially).

If SR went to JJP, he’d need a full BoM and something better than wet noodles to feed the shots.

Edit - I should also say SR is my favorite designer and selling AC/DC Luci was the hardest decision I’ve had in the hobby.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Tell the ops to crank up the coil power. A JJP only flips soft if it's setup poorly, or intentionally cause the owner doesn't want the extra wear and tear.

3 were on location. The NIB GnR I helped unbox is in a home setting. Still feels weak and unsatisfying on the shots. Power I think is pretty damn high.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Tell the ops to crank up the coil power. A JJP only flips soft if it's setup poorly, or intentionally cause the owner doesn't want the extra wear and tear.

Also, just don't take the subpar feeling flippers from me. This is from TWIP last week. I estimate over 500 votes and JJP gets like 7% overall.

Don't take it just from me... (resized).pngDon't take it just from me... (resized).png
    #54 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

I have never experienced this playing my WoZ or DI for hour long play sessions. On my STERN LOTR this happens all the time though.
    I'm not saying you've never experienced it yourself but the flipper system JJP uses is identical to a Bally Williams mech so I'm not sure what is supposed to be improved on it. Unless we're now saying that classic design is flawed and responsible for all those weak flipping Bally Williams games?

Terrible analogy because I am a dunce when it comes to electronics (but a degreed mechanical engineer) but if you and I had the same car with Bose sound systems, but you listened to AM radio and I listened to XM, our listening experience would vary greatly.

Basically, the flippers are the same mechanically, but what drives and sends pulses to the flippers can vary. I think that’s why some rate B/W so much higher.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

And the fact that Elwin is the new King and kicking ass. Maybe his ego is taking a blow and he wants to show he can still do it and blames Stern for low BOM
    Bottom line sales matter i don’t care who you work for or who you are

TBH, it is crazy how many flat plastics you see in BKSoR (and I think SR even made note of it in an interview) and meanwhile Elwin gets 3+ flippers in all his games, 3+ ramps in all his games (often 4 ramps)… etc. The “open space filled” factor is so high in Elwin games vs SR games (LZ, BKSoR and SW vs. JP2, AIQ and IMDN Pros alone). There must be a reason.

It’s the “Lyman factor”.

Stern saw all the “I won’t buy a game unless Lyman is on code” posts… and Stern now has Lyman on $8k games only. That helps bottom line. All of us who praise SR games will buy SR games… so why should Stern put extra $$$ into his games? You’re going to buy them anyways!!! Meanwhile Elwin had to prove himself. They gave him the keys to the car and he’s delivering.

Just you all wait 15-20 years from now when you say “I won’t buy a game unless Elwin is on design, and Tanio is on code”… and what you get is an IJ4 rehash and a $15k price for the Pro because you asked for it over and over again.

#302 2 years ago

"Jersey Jack Pinball (JJP) is the industry leader in quality..."

Lol, sure, and Stern is a "lifestyle brand".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-leaving-stern-for-jjp?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.