Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,188 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3247CD2B-FEA7-47EF-800A-1F7D84A6BF65.gif
    7641E997-6D12-4C7A-B098-5C9970529CD3.gif
    E2F49AFD-CC2E-45F1-A9E1-8E3F5BFC7651 (resized).jpeg
    236408805_1199699550549611_2501784493730357848_n (resized).jpg
    C1A1E3D5-4C5C-4B17-A924-8FBAA9EA09DB (resized).jpeg
    076CE60D-D9DF-413D-A228-C67DBE18EDD4 (resized).jpeg
    id4.gif
    Levi.jpg
    vonnied (resized).png
    vonnied1.png (resized).jpg
    06CFDC04-2462-4FEC-A29F-1737EA195526 (resized).png
    F7E6C6B8-CFFC-4FEA-92D5-F4229B72F080 (resized).png
    C6DBB8CD-E279-479B-BCA4-D6B7E3B20CFA (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#216 2 years ago

I have been known to do so now and then.

#295 2 years ago

See, now that they didn’t close the thread when people asked - look what happens!

Oh, the humanity.

#430 2 years ago

As a reminder, people that are no longer fulltime employees of a company often do contract work for them.

#578 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

What I am saying is talking about rumors and speculation of what might happen (no matter how confident you are) is troubling. Because there isn't a way to know what is real and what is made up.

Indeed! People - you should just never speak period, because you might be wrong, and then you will have troubled porkcarrot… ain’t nobody got time for that!

#596 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

If you never learned the damage rumors can do, I don't know what to tell you I guess.

I think everyone in the world is now aware what presidential election lies can do… but rumors about pinball designers? Disastrous!

#893 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Best music pin (and I hate them all) is AC/DC. I gave Stern the idea when I pretty much invented the music jukebox pin, when I added a full AC/DC jukebox to my mod of Stern's Iron Man in 2011 (I also added songs by Metallica and Black Sabbeth). The player could choose the music while they play. Years later, Stern make AC/DC

I know I bought my ACDC in 2012… perhaps some bad math here?

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

They also had the cheek to use my rule of being booed off the stage if you don't entertain the crowd from my Kiss remake (yes, before the Stern Kiss remake...another idea they 'borrowed').

I also remember being booed off the stage in Guitar Hero… perhaps everyone is ‘borrowing’ a bit?

“I heard that the rabbi who must praise himself has a congregation of one.” (Fiddler On The Roof)

#949 2 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

I was booed off the stage "singing" karaoke one night. I was drunk and made up brand new lyrics to "We Didn't Start the Fire" that offended people. This was back in the mid 1990s, so it was 'for real' offensive too!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What just happened

C75D6B48-ECB6-44D9-8644-404CB538F433 (resized).pngC75D6B48-ECB6-44D9-8644-404CB538F433 (resized).png
    #967 2 years ago

So… based on a JJP podcast I heard this morning: Steve said he resigned from Stern in March due to being unhappy. He left 2 whitewood designs behind at Stern. He is excited to create a new design at JJP and will soon start assembling a design team.

https://jjppodcast.libsyn.com/ep-10-steve-ritchie

#968 2 years ago

Steve has always spoken very highly/fondly of Tim Sexton, and it does make me wonder if he will be actively seeking to bring him over to his team at JJP.

#973 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

He really had zero issue taking a swing at Stern. A little surprising.

He did make very clear he loves the engineering folks at Stern and his feelings were aimed at the ‘business’ side.

#1104 2 years ago

Isn’t Mick Jagger 78 and still touring? Pretty sure its not because he needs the money.

I’m not saying SR is (or is not) loaded, but there are other reasons people retire later than 65.

#1108 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And if my grandmother had wheels Shed be a wagon.
    Mick jagger hasn’t played a concert he hasn’t gotten paid for in decades. He gets paid millions of dollars for a 10-date “tour.” He’s doing it for the money. And he’s a billionaire. The best tickets To see the stones cost $2000 and the worst cost $200. It’s strictly a for profit venture for everybody involved, from mick all the way down to the guy who cleans the puke up in section 110 after the show.
    The idea that steve is working for passion and not money is insane. He’s NOT a billionaire. As recently as 10 years ago he was selling everything he owned to help pay the rent. Google rgp and see the kind of trinkets he was selling off. I bought a signed T2 back panel decal for 20 bucks.
    Please, give this line of suggestion up. It’s really, really dumb. You guys STILL don’t get it. This is an industry, not a hobby. These people are working jobs, just like whatever you do 9 to 5, not doing this for fun and intrigue.

I never once said he was doing this for free. Why would anyone?

I can only speak for myself, but as a software engineer I love what I do… I don’t want to retire. I have worked with others as well who don’t want to retire. What would we do all day?

Its not about the money for everyone, some of us legit love what we do. Just because some people hate their job, doesn’t mean everyone else does. That is my entire point. Sheez.

#1117 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just get frustrated when I see this kind of fantasyland stuff. It’s great for you that you enjoy your job and plan on doing it well into your 70s with money as some kind of distant tangential consideration. But to project that kind of motivation onto other people you don’t know really doesn’t make any sense.
    Unless you have any kind of particular insight into their situations (say, you are close personal friends or a family member) it doesn’t really make sense to insist that mick jagger is pouting and strutting around the stadiums of America for fun, or that steve Ritchie is working his pinball job for any primary reason other than money.

Fantasyland stuff? What? I am just a regular dude working in an industry. I don’t get where you’re coming from here.

Is it so different than your insistence that he couldn’t possibly be wanting to design pinball games and is just absolutely hard up for cash?

You’re right though… I don’t know Steve Richie or Mick Jagger. Maybe you do.

I just can’t imagine why Mick Jagger, as you put it… a billionaire, would keep doing concerts because he just wanted even more money. That just seems odd.

#1118 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You base this on what, exactly? Panzer’s rants? Skink91’s pledge to work into his 70s out of passion for his job?

Someone drop a deuce in your cheerios this morning dude?

#1124 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

To be fair, that’s not exactly what Levi was saying. He was questioning how anyone other than close friends or family members of Steve Ritchie could know his motivations.

No one could know… and perhaps even if they were close friends or family members they wouldn’t really know.

But since when are we working with actual facts or working knowledge on this site? Why is talking about why SR is still working at 71 somehow taboo? I was merely suggesting that perhaps he actually enjoys designing pinball games and it wasn’t merely for a paycheck - and somehow that is outrageous?

Fucking bizarre.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-leaving-stern-for-jjp?tu=skink91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.