Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,188 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3247CD2B-FEA7-47EF-800A-1F7D84A6BF65.gif
    7641E997-6D12-4C7A-B098-5C9970529CD3.gif
    E2F49AFD-CC2E-45F1-A9E1-8E3F5BFC7651 (resized).jpeg
    236408805_1199699550549611_2501784493730357848_n (resized).jpg
    C1A1E3D5-4C5C-4B17-A924-8FBAA9EA09DB (resized).jpeg
    076CE60D-D9DF-413D-A228-C67DBE18EDD4 (resized).jpeg
    id4.gif
    Levi.jpg
    vonnied (resized).png
    vonnied1.png (resized).jpg
    06CFDC04-2462-4FEC-A29F-1737EA195526 (resized).png
    F7E6C6B8-CFFC-4FEA-92D5-F4229B72F080 (resized).png
    C6DBB8CD-E279-479B-BCA4-D6B7E3B20CFA (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#282 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Steve Ritchie has a presence on social media (Facebook). If there was nothing to this rumor he would have said something by now.

Love this logic. He has a Facebook account, so a rumor about him that he doesn't address there is probably true. Because there is absolutely no other reason for him not to respond to random internet rumors.

#285 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Except it’s not random and Steve has not hesitated to set rumors straight before

I haven't read all 6 pages of this post, but what is this not random rumor based on? Is it just some people said it so it is probably true? Is there anything substantial that leads people to believe this is true?

#298 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

So you don’t even bother to read the thread before you post in it?
    Anyway it’s official now.
    My source was correct. Again.

I've now read the entire thread and I still didn't see anything substantial, just people saying they heard it. It turned out to be true in this case, which is fine. I don't think it changes my point at all. Lots of rumors spread around that aren't true. What value is there in them? What value did this whole thread serve that couldn't be had from a thread starting now with the official announcement? What did you gain from this?

#308 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

5 days of something to pass the time as we wait for new pins to roll out?

Now that is sad.

#556 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I don’t post threads about rumors unless I am confident in my source. Which was the case here.
    But if we had it your way we couldn’t post threads like this or about upcoming releases until they are officially announced. Makes perfect sense!

That's actually exactly what I would like. I truly don't understand what is gained by people speculating and arguing about rumors. Just let things happen, and then discuss them when they do. None of this stuff is important, it's just pinball. All the rumors do is create drama.

#560 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Although I’m sick of hearing Kaneda repeat the same things and overhype GnR (and I own one but he’s delusional - POTC is better no question), it’s breaking news like this that I value hearing about early. The kid nailed it, even the day it would be announced too. Rather that than more insiders ass kissing. And Joe completely denying it earlier means I can no longer trust anything that man says. Complete BS.
    I’m excited for Steve to join JJP btw. I think he’s still a great talent along with Pat who I think is still a great designer. Nice move jjp.

Breaking news? A man got a new job.

That's the thing about Kaneda. People act like he is getting all these scoops and revealing all the info first and that makes him special. But this isn't real news, and it isn't like he is an investigative journalist. It's clear from right after the announcement yesterday that a lot of people knew this was happening. And with a lot of stuff he reports, a lot of people know about it. It's just that most of them realize this isn't news and doesn't need to be leaked. It's just stuff that will happen. It will happen the same way if he says nothing about it. He's just a sleazy gossip columnist.

#568 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Welcome to Pinside. A place where we discuss all things pinball. Including designers and programmers changing companies. Sometimes even without waiting for “official” announcements!

And you don't think it's weird to spread rumors and speculation about a person's personal business? Public figure or not, these are real people with real relationships. And the fact this one turned out to be true after so much doubting actually makes things worse, because now people will be more likely to believe other rumors people make up.

#575 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Actually, the first thing JJP and SR did was post video and pics of said event on a public FB page... so there's that. But yes, in general I do believe it's weird. Just like 99% of pinsiders.

Yes, when THEY announced it. I'm not saying there shouldn't be interest in this. It is a big deal in this small pinball world that Steve went to JJP. What I am saying is talking about rumors and speculation of what might happen (no matter how confident you are) is troubling. Because there isn't a way to know what is real and what is made up.

#580 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here tbh

Probably. But it felt like a point worth making.

#586 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Something tells me that if I were to research your Pinside history, I'd find examples of you participating in rumors, gossip or speculation. It's what happens here. Spin it however you like but I think you have a problem with the source and the fact he was correct.
    Kaneda's rumors and speculation is one of my favorite parts of his show.

You won't find much of that from me, but that's not the point. Kaneda wasn't the OPs source. We don't know who his source was. And as I understand it Kaneda is wrong a fair amount, so his rumors don't matter to me at all. So, my point is this was all unsubstantiated rumors, and unsubstantiated rumors suck. I know a lot of people enjoy it, that doesn't make it good.

#595 2 years ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

Did you just find the internet? What's the big deal, it's a rumor that people are talking about on an internet forum.

My point really isn't getting through. Oh well.

#619 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Wow. You really don’t get it.
    It WAS SUBSTANTIATED by my source. Call it an unnamed source since that’s what it is. But unsubstantiated it was not.
    Edit: I don’t know why I continue wasting my time responding to you. Won’t happen again.

I was done too, but one more for clarity. You didn’t substantiate anything. Substantiate means to establish proof. No proof was provided. You are a person on the internet. Your source was anonymous. Literally anyone can say that. That isn’t proof.

Your source could be Steve Richie himself, you could be 100% sure, but without providing actual verification, there is no way to distinguish you from GottliebLuver7473x. I’ve never said you were wrong or accused you of lying. All I said was there has been literally no evidence. It was all people saying “my sources tell me”. And again, this isn’t an attack on you, but most of us don’t know who you are or the validity of your sources. There is no way to know. And that’s what I was trying to get across.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-leaving-stern-for-jjp?tu=porkcarrot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.