Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,188 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3247CD2B-FEA7-47EF-800A-1F7D84A6BF65.gif
    7641E997-6D12-4C7A-B098-5C9970529CD3.gif
    E2F49AFD-CC2E-45F1-A9E1-8E3F5BFC7651 (resized).jpeg
    236408805_1199699550549611_2501784493730357848_n (resized).jpg
    C1A1E3D5-4C5C-4B17-A924-8FBAA9EA09DB (resized).jpeg
    076CE60D-D9DF-413D-A228-C67DBE18EDD4 (resized).jpeg
    id4.gif
    Levi.jpg
    vonnied (resized).png
    vonnied1.png (resized).jpg
    06CFDC04-2462-4FEC-A29F-1737EA195526 (resized).png
    F7E6C6B8-CFFC-4FEA-92D5-F4229B72F080 (resized).png
    C6DBB8CD-E279-479B-BCA4-D6B7E3B20CFA (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#234 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

The game just has way too many super weird bugs that just seem to happen randomly.

Weird bugs? My Drac was used in the tournament at CAX for several years and never had any issues. I got more compliments on that game than any other game I brought. It had upgraded flipper coils (11629's) so we jacked it up to 7 degrees and it played wicked fast. It was also regularly used in league play without issues at the location I had it at.

BSD is an awesome tourney game as long as you have all your optos and switches working properly. Pretty cool when you consider that it only had one software revision. It doesn't have a lot of different strategies, but everyone loves Drac.

#240 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...game is famous for getting confused due to the complicated ball locking issues.

It's not complicated. As long as the game passes Mist test in diags without errors, it should be fine in tournament play. If you pimp it out with LEDs that interfere with optos, that will cause problems. Please don't denigrate a fantastic tournament game. If your game is having lock issues, find a better tech. It's not the software causing your errors.

But don't believe me. Jim Belsito was the head tournament tech at CAX for years. He liked my Drac because we had to do very little to prepare it for tournament play. Ask Jim if Drac is tourney worthy next time you see him.

#241 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...game is famous for getting confused due to the complicated ball locking issues.

Here's what PAPA game notes say. No mention of ball lock issues.

Dracula is a game where rhythm is very important. Flipper hop on this game can be devastating to players, and it should be fixed or avoided at all cost. Turning off the ball-saver on Dracula will also turn off the ball saver during multiball. Considering the short ball times on this game at factory settings, and the fact the plunge and subsequent randomized pop bumper action are out of the players’ control, Directors are encouraged to leave the players a ball saver. If available, directors are encouraged to use the custom 500k mystery award rom.

https://replayfoundation.org/papa/learning-center/director-guide/game-notes/

#244 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Okay, we get it, BSD is your favorite game.

Definitely not my favorite game, but it's a little surprising to see experienced tournament players suggesting it's not tournament worthy. PAPA used it a lot of years.

Quoted from Frax:

Frankly, I hope I never see it in another tournament ever again...at least not until I get to own one for a while.

The reason people like it is because it's fast and there's essentially only one strategy. Go big (triple stack), or go home. Double stack may get you into the playoffs, but the triple stack will win you the trophy.

Who's this Steve Ricci guy everybody's talking about?

#246 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So let’s say this silly rumor that can’t possibly be real turns out to be true....

If true, I'd like to see him design standard size playfield games for JJP. Widebody games add work for everyone, take longer to design and build and increases costs. Steve told me he prefers to design standard size games. Get back to normal size, tone down complexity of rules, get games out faster and lower prices.

Oh, and give the flippers some actual power. It's not enough to barely be able to make every shot on the game. Not satisfying at all.

#778 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would have liked to have seen this happen. Spooky’s team is certainly strong and self made (they do not need SR), but seeing him bring that depth of experience to Spooky would be super interesting.

Not a chance in hell he'll ever go to Spooky as long as Spooky continues to remain a small company. Steve is about growing the hobby. Not maintaining the status quo.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-leaving-stern-for-jjp?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.