Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,188 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3247CD2B-FEA7-47EF-800A-1F7D84A6BF65.gif
    7641E997-6D12-4C7A-B098-5C9970529CD3.gif
    E2F49AFD-CC2E-45F1-A9E1-8E3F5BFC7651 (resized).jpeg
    236408805_1199699550549611_2501784493730357848_n (resized).jpg
    C1A1E3D5-4C5C-4B17-A924-8FBAA9EA09DB (resized).jpeg
    076CE60D-D9DF-413D-A228-C67DBE18EDD4 (resized).jpeg
    id4.gif
    Levi.jpg
    vonnied (resized).png
    vonnied1.png (resized).jpg
    06CFDC04-2462-4FEC-A29F-1737EA195526 (resized).png
    F7E6C6B8-CFFC-4FEA-92D5-F4229B72F080 (resized).png
    C6DBB8CD-E279-479B-BCA4-D6B7E3B20CFA (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I actually rolled a BK2K (>100M) way back in the day before I had any real pinball skills, just because I figured out that strategy. The feed from the UPF was easy to trap, so I played probably the most boring hour-long game of pinball ever played. Nothing but left ramps and W-A-R hurryups over and over, with the occasional lightning wheel shot when I biffed the ramp. I did not play any of the replays, nor did I touch BK2K for months afterward...

I loved BK2K as a kid. When I got back into pinball as an adult, I realized the same strat while playing on location. Wasn't as exploitable as playing for an hour straight for me but it definitely bumped it off of games I'd love to own. Gottlieb Gladiators also has a similar-ish exploit with MB.

1 week later
    #790 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

You can say a lot of things about JJP, but this is unequivocally false.

Yea JJP is fixing the issue. POTC, Wonka, GnR... it will eventually be fixed, right? In the meantime, JJP will do you a solid and sell you a bare playfield for $500.

#803 2 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

And also Jack will blame playfield issues on the customer, don’t forget that!

Of course! That’s why the customer has to buy a replacement playfield. If the customer would just stare at the game in attract mode and not try to play it, none of this would happen!

#889 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

here are 20+ song modes to play, each with their own rules that change depending on how deep you want to progress through the song.

Each with their own rules? I mean I guess if you also consider each chapter in POTC has it's own rules. Take away the light show synced to music and song modes feel sort of samey (I do like the press your luck mechanic though).

#898 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Each song plays uniquely different from the next as far as it’s rules, shots, and combos are concerned.

I feel like we have different definitions of what is unique. I am sorry but playing all 20 songs many many times (except for This I Love...This I Love is the worst song I've every listened to in my life) I didn't really get that feel. I was just hitting lit shots while managing a hefty multi ball knowing that once I hit enough lit shots, I could hit the center scoop to add a ball. Once I got down to one ball I then had the choice of whether or not to push my luck when I went back to the lit scoop. Maybe I am missing something...I know someone called the code "nuanced".

#904 2 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

You would probably enjoy a Led Zeppelin pin more

I wouldn't know. I have not played it yet. I try my best to keep comments based on first hand experience playing games. I owned GnR. I did not enjoy it for many reasons but mostly because I did not enjoy the main gameplay loop. For some reason you consider that an act of aggression. It is okay to like something someone else doesn't. You can still enjoy GnR even if I do not.

#914 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP programmers actually took the time to create light shows synced to moments in all of the songs. That may be a first for pinball, it's a shame Stern hasn't done something similar considering these crazy prices.

You seriously think JJP invented lights syncing/flashing to a soundtrack?

Laser War did it back in 1987 and even included the lyrics on it's alphanumeric display!

Return to base! Return to base! We’re fight’n a Laser War!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-leaving-stern-for-jjp?tu=palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.