Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,188 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3247CD2B-FEA7-47EF-800A-1F7D84A6BF65.gif
    7641E997-6D12-4C7A-B098-5C9970529CD3.gif
    E2F49AFD-CC2E-45F1-A9E1-8E3F5BFC7651 (resized).jpeg
    236408805_1199699550549611_2501784493730357848_n (resized).jpg
    C1A1E3D5-4C5C-4B17-A924-8FBAA9EA09DB (resized).jpeg
    076CE60D-D9DF-413D-A228-C67DBE18EDD4 (resized).jpeg
    id4.gif
    Levi.jpg
    vonnied (resized).png
    vonnied1.png (resized).jpg
    06CFDC04-2462-4FEC-A29F-1737EA195526 (resized).png
    F7E6C6B8-CFFC-4FEA-92D5-F4229B72F080 (resized).png
    C6DBB8CD-E279-479B-BCA4-D6B7E3B20CFA (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 2 years ago

Wish he would... the weakest thing about JJP is their game design.

Only games I like as players are the two games Pat Lawlor did.

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

God yes. I hear pissing and moaning aboot SR tired layouts; guess people enjoy Balcer's more? Uff

is that who did the other games? I have no idea.

All I know is they go clunk and thunk allot then you get mutliball.

#153 2 years ago

Yes, also known as clunk and thunk since that is their main shot.

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here we go again from one of the main JJP bashers. There's plenty shots in both of those games, WOZ especially. Not every layout needs to be just 2 standard ramps, 2 orbits, and little on the playfield. Learn to make the shots and then the clunk and thunk will stop

You dont read... I owned and like a few JJP games so not sure how I am "bashing them"

A few of their games kinda suck playwise and thats not much of a secret... can say the same for Stern

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You are another member of the regular JJP bashers, have been for a long time. It's old. Can't even compliment DI and Wonka without making a snide comment to go along with it...sigh.

Ill compliment them (DI and Wonka)... they are the only two JJP games that play well.

Wonka to this day is still way underrated IMO.

Actually hard for me to believe the buzz around GNR and how well it sold compared to Wonka... GNR is pretty mediocre playwise.

#329 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It just seems like a strange move to me. It addresses a "problem" I wasn't aware JJP had - lack of name/established pinball designers.

It addresses the problem that most JJP games play like shit?

Their two best playing games are Pat's so maybe the old school guys know best.

#816 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Why can Ron Kruzman fix it in Michigan, then? He says 75% of his business is fixing Mirco clear jobs.

It costs money?

JJP is selling playfields for under $500 right?

What do you their figure cost is on those if they can sell for that cheap?

People are expecting high quality out of parts that are being sourced on the cheap. Not normally a winning combo.

#818 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

$500. That’s JJp’s cost.

Says who?

Just making the point that someone was comparing a Kruzman playfield (which are CQ and usually well over a grand) to something that is half if that.

The issue here is buyers expect that collector level of quality out of a company that is sourcing parts as cheap as possible.

1 week later
    #1064 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Notice your claimed deficiencies haven't impacted sales yet. When the tables aren't selling Stern will take more steps to increase sales.

Thats my favorite part of these type of comments... people ignore the fact that Stern games are selling out and backordered and have been for how long?

Bitch all you want about lack of "stuff" in the games way more people are happily buying them than complaining.

Not every one cares how much crap is stuffed in a cabinet if the game sucks.

Star Wars got tons of shit when it came out for being barren but id own or play that game before any JJP.

I hope SR can bring that kind of playability and speed to a JJP game.... its needed.

#1167 2 years ago

This is a weird one for some people to grasp since we live in a culture where hating your job is the norm.

get this........... some people actually enjoy what they do for a living.

Like they would even do it for free but if they get paid all the better.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-leaving-stern-for-jjp?tu=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.