Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,188 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3247CD2B-FEA7-47EF-800A-1F7D84A6BF65.gif
    7641E997-6D12-4C7A-B098-5C9970529CD3.gif
    E2F49AFD-CC2E-45F1-A9E1-8E3F5BFC7651 (resized).jpeg
    236408805_1199699550549611_2501784493730357848_n (resized).jpg
    C1A1E3D5-4C5C-4B17-A924-8FBAA9EA09DB (resized).jpeg
    076CE60D-D9DF-413D-A228-C67DBE18EDD4 (resized).jpeg
    id4.gif
    Levi.jpg
    vonnied (resized).png
    vonnied1.png (resized).jpg
    06CFDC04-2462-4FEC-A29F-1737EA195526 (resized).png
    F7E6C6B8-CFFC-4FEA-92D5-F4229B72F080 (resized).png
    C6DBB8CD-E279-479B-BCA4-D6B7E3B20CFA (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#174 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

All his best games are original themes.

I love you, but you’re nuts.

#194 2 years ago

Fast brutal games always have a spot in my house. I’ll never own BKSOR prem, but I’d love to have a pro for a while.

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I understand without it its sort of not a BK game, but since I don't like them it was fine my me

Haha. So true.

#204 2 years ago

The best flow that WOZ has is from the upper playfield with the house. Haha

#212 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Would you own a Bram Stokers Dracula? I'm the same way with my games.

For sure. But I’d never use it in a tournament, so that why I really haven’t pulled the trigger. But it’s definitely a fun casual game.

#222 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Why is BSD a bad tournament game? I'll never forget that epic Johannes / Daniele IFPA world championship final match.

Seems you forgot how the game shit the bed during that match. Haha

Very great match though.

The game just has way too many super weird bugs that just seem to happen randomly.

#227 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I use it regularly. Bugs rarely show up but the auto-launch can be temperamental. If your optos are flaky and it loses track of a ball all bets are off.
    The upside is ball times are so short the odds are none of your players will have time for the game to misbehave.

There’s just so many games that are rock solid for tournaments with short ball times. Not worth the risk for me. Now if I could just get my Grand Prix to stop taking a dump during tournaments. Haha.

#249 2 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Weird bugs? My Drac was used in the tournament at CAX for several years and never had any issues.

Lucky you. I’ve seen too many to want to take the risk. Everything with the switches and optos needs to be working flawlessly. Never seen a game that suffers so much if a switch or two are acting up.

#251 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That's a bummer. I miss my BSD. I really only want tourney ready games in my lineup.

We’ve used it before for local small stuff, and I remember it being pretty okay. When there’s so many good tournament games to choose from that aren’t as sensitive, it’s easy to go another route.

I look forward to competing on BSD in CA though. Great game.

#429 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:What, exactly, has Steve ever added to pinball in that way?

Wasn’t he the first person to use the modern day wireform ramps/invent them?

#455 2 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Not really? There were ramps and wireforms in a handful of EM games.

Modern style. Like the ones used in high speed.

#458 2 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

No? I don't really follow what you mean by modern style
    Games like Freefall had wireform returns just a few years prior. Gottlieb Roller Coaster invented the wireform return to an inlane.

Look at what’s in free fall and what’s in high speed. High speed has the modern enclosed type wireform.

#465 2 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ok. So a wireform with 4 wires. I do think he's the first for that? I don't know my European games super well though.

I can’t remember where I heard about it, but I was just in passing at a show partying with others that it was mentioned. But I think that was his idea for those types of wireforms.

#478 2 years ago
    Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I'm young and it's hard to search for this kind of stuff, but was Flash the first repeatable upper flipper shot ("Picard maneuver")

Pat hand the EM had this too.

#481 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

Still not used to this news of Steve to JJP.
    It’s like Mickey Mantle wearing a Dodgers uniform or Hank Aaron wearing a Rangers uniform, or...

Did those players change teams like 4 times?

#509 2 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Space Shuttle had lane change first, I think. 1984?

Firepower. 1980.

#630 2 years ago
    Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

BKSOR is awesome. I'm not really sure why it's not loved more than it is. I'm no pinball pro but I can't think of anything it's "missing". Someone who doesn't like it, please, feel free to educate. I enjoy the hell out of the game.

I think it’s a fine game but I hate how you work so hard to get to the end and the final mode can be over in 5 seconds. So frustrating. Also, each game pretty much feels the same. Not a lot of strategy involved. But it’s fast and brutal, so that makes up for it.

#644 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And the throwback MB is pretty bad; But it's a fun fast little game.

I like that MB but mainly cause it’s worth a lot of points.

#667 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well, nothing did

Hello? Robot bridge and robot pop ups?!?

#668 2 years ago

I do love that the spinner is the focal point of the game, but not sure it can top some of the previous great toys like the MM castle.

#671 2 years ago
    Quoted from BrianJ1337:

MM and AFM are my top 2 with LZ coming in third but the more I understand the rules the better I’m seeing it’s potential for solid tournament play

At the end of the day, it’s just a spinner with a magnet underneath it, but it is unique and new.

T. rex on JP is better, the ball locks on BBB are better. I even like the black knight toy better. The crane on Heist is another one that’s better.

#673 2 years ago

Toys are just to add some interesting moments. EM frenzy is definitely sweet. The T. rex throwing the ball around is another.

#683 2 years ago

Not too mention the magnet lock, projector and demo ramp in stranger things. Stop giving us new innovative features.

#817 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

What do you their figure cost is on those if they can sell for that cheap?

$500. That’s JJp’s cost.

#819 2 years ago

Could’ve sworn Jack. In that podcast. Maybe I misheard him. I was blind with anger from his previous comments. Haha

#832 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

So Alien v1.1? Are there enough of them out there yet to tell if the PFs are holding up?

They have done multiple repro playfields too. Never heard of any issues with them.

#834 2 years ago

I think they are the smallest of all the playfield companies. Could be wrong.

#877 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

All those dimples and ghosting/hazing pics shown appear to be the owners fault

Trust me. They are.

#912 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Wrong. Both Mousin' Around and SST had lights synced to the music. Possibly others, but this was being done back in 1989; JJP was certainly not the first.

NBA Fastbreak!

#965 2 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Finally the Red Rocker Sammy Hagar gets his own pin. [quoted image]

See Heavy Metal. . Not sure if his song is in there or not.

#980 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Judging by the interview and trying to read between the lines, Star Trek may have been the last that he felt free to do what he wanted. He said in the interview that was the only game he got RGB LEDs and how important he thinks it is. He also talked about drop targets and how much he likes them and said his next title will have them. It was super obvious he has felt stifled for some time.

GOT is RGB

#982 2 years ago

GOT and Star Treks trims are the same in terms of the amount of RGBs.

I’m sure if he said that, he simply forgot about GOT.

#987 2 years ago

PLAYER CONTROLLED KICKBACK. do it Ritchie. Do it!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-leaving-stern-for-jjp?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.