Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,188 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3247CD2B-FEA7-47EF-800A-1F7D84A6BF65.gif
    7641E997-6D12-4C7A-B098-5C9970529CD3.gif
    E2F49AFD-CC2E-45F1-A9E1-8E3F5BFC7651 (resized).jpeg
    236408805_1199699550549611_2501784493730357848_n (resized).jpg
    C1A1E3D5-4C5C-4B17-A924-8FBAA9EA09DB (resized).jpeg
    076CE60D-D9DF-413D-A228-C67DBE18EDD4 (resized).jpeg
    id4.gif
    Levi.jpg
    vonnied (resized).png
    vonnied1.png (resized).jpg
    06CFDC04-2462-4FEC-A29F-1737EA195526 (resized).png
    F7E6C6B8-CFFC-4FEA-92D5-F4229B72F080 (resized).png
    C6DBB8CD-E279-479B-BCA4-D6B7E3B20CFA (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

This rumor has gained steam, and based on some people that I have spoken with, appears to be true. This is going to happen very soon.

Thoughts?

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Having had the pleasure of meeting The King, I really cannot see this happening. It is just a rumor started at the University of Facebook.

Sorry, but I promise you that FB is not the source of my information.

While my information is certainly not first hand, it is from a reliable source.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

If true, JJP is poaching the wrong designer.

Who is to say that JJP poached anyone? Maybe Ritchie reached out to JJP?

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

JJP could say no thanks?

You can't say no to the King!

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Kaminkow said yesterday that Steve is still at Stern.
    [quoted image]

He didn’t even answer the question.

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

While we wait in anticipation, let’s move things to a more positive light while staying on topic. One line answers.
    What’s your favorite Steve Ritchie game?
    Me: Game of Thrones

Still gotta be AC/DC.

The one and only time Ritchie and Lyman teamed up, and they hit it out of the park.

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Still gotta be AC/DC.
    The one and only time Ritchie and Lyman teamed up, and they hit it out of the park.

I was just reminded that Ritchie and Lyman also teamed up on Spiderman.

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:I was just reminded that Ritchie and Lyman also teamed up on Spiderman.

....and 24!

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Joe says NO!
    [quoted image]

Some people have a difficult time reading things sometimes.

He most certainly did not say "no."

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

So hey, umm, Steve Ritchie! Am I right guys?

Right about what?

#252 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So let’s say this silly rumor that can’t possibly be real...

Quoted for posterity

Also just to give you another “silly rumor that can’t possibly be real” Lyman Sheats has also left Stern.

#255 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess sarcasm isn't your thing....
    Like, right before I said that I kinda pointed out how incredibly possible it is that it's real, and how incredibly possible it is that everybody involved is thrilled.

Indeed. My bad.

Cary Hardy says there will be announcement from Stern on Monday.

I’m sure that’s to announce that Ritchie is NOT leaving Stern.

#279 2 years ago

Steve Ritchie has a presence on social media (Facebook). If there was nothing to this rumor he would have said something by now.

#283 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Love this logic. He has a Facebook account, so a rumor about him that he doesn't address there is probably true. Because there is absolutely no other reason for him not to respond to random internet rumors.

Except it’s not random and Steve has not hesitated to set rumors straight before

#290 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

I haven't read all 6 pages of this post, but what is this not random rumor based on? Is it just some people said it so it is probably true? Is there anything substantial that leads people to believe this is true?

So you don’t even bother to read the thread before you post in it?

Anyway it’s official now.

My source was correct. Again.

#293 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I doubt it's true.

LTG : )

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Joe says NO!
    [quoted image]

#436 2 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Anyone can be right with enough guesses and covering every possibility. Sad.

Come on man.

To say that this was nothing more than a wild guess is beyond ridiculous

“What wild ass guess can I make today? I know! Steve Ritchie is leaving Stern. What else? How about that he’s not just leaving Stern but he’s going to the competition at JJP!? Yeah, I’m going with that one! Fingers crossed that my wild ass guess that I have no basis for is right!”

#439 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Im no K booster or anything but obviously that wasn’t a WAG. I can’t believe people are still putting “Sad.” on comments.

Exactly

Not to mention that there were plenty of other people who had the info. I started this thread based on a source that had nothing to do with him. But it confirmed what he was saying was accurate

#459 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Sure you could read that to mean "there now, but maybe not tomorrow" -- But what would motivate Joe to make such a reply in the first place? He wasn't directly engaged... he went out of his way to respond to the post, which would infer he's debunking the rumor. To reply only to say 'no, but maybe' doesn't compute.

This post did not age well for you.

#470 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mogg:

This is all phase 1 at JJP in the master plan of hiring Jpop.

Someone should start that rumor thread.

#473 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

I've now read the entire thread and I still didn't see anything substantial, just people saying they heard it. It turned out to be true in this case, which is fine. I don't think it changes my point at all. Lots of rumors spread around that aren't true. What value is there in them? What value did this whole thread serve that couldn't be had from a thread starting now with the official announcement? What did you gain from this?

I don’t post threads about rumors unless I am confident in my source. Which was the case here.

But if we had it your way we couldn’t post threads like this or about upcoming releases until they are officially announced. Makes perfect sense!

#506 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't trip on all the victory lap attempts.
    The post in question doesn't really hinge on SR's actual leaving or not. As a lawyer you know this...

Do you understand what circumstantial evidence is?

Apparently not.

#566 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

That's actually exactly what I would like. I truly don't understand what is gained by people speculating and arguing about rumors. Just let things happen, and then discuss them when they do. None of this stuff is important, it's just pinball. All the rumors do is create drama.

Welcome to Pinside. A place where we discuss all things pinball. Including designers and programmers changing companies. Sometimes even without waiting for “official” announcements!

#607 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Something tells me that if I were to research your Pinside history, I'd find examples of you participating in rumors, gossip or speculation. It's what happens here. Spin it however you like but I think you have a problem with the source and the fact he was correct.
    Kaneda's rumors and speculation is one of my favorite parts of his show.

Just a reminder that I posted this thread based on my source which had nothing to do with him.

He’s been wrong plenty of times so there is no chance I would post a thread like this and use him as a “source.” Example: he said Lyman went to CGC. Wasn’t true.

#610 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

You won't find much of that from me, but that's not the point. Kaneda wasn't the OPs source. We don't know who his source was. And as I understand it Kaneda is wrong a fair amount, so his rumors don't matter to me at all. So, my point is this was all unsubstantiated rumors, and unsubstantiated rumors suck. I know a lot of people enjoy it, that doesn't make it good.

Wow. You really don’t get it.

It WAS SUBSTANTIATED by my source. Call it an unnamed source since that’s what it is. But unsubstantiated it was not.

Edit: I don’t know why I continue wasting my time responding to you. Won’t happen again.

#616 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

In one of Kaneda's podcasts he credits you for the SR story and also credits Cary Hardy for the Lyman leaving Stern story.
    Sorry for my poorly worded comment but I was trying to make a point to Porkcarrot.

No worries Kim! I probably didn’t need to provide clarification for you. But as you can see from other responses in this thread a lot of people have serious misconceptions.

I had no clue he mentioned me in a podcast. The only ones I listened to recently was the RM audio compilations which were classic!

#694 2 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

The projector is amazing in person, the rest so-so toys.

I think the UV light kit is just as good, if not better, than the projector.

#774 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I welcome the down votes but keep in mind I am drinking a very good beer while typing this! (thank you berry much)

I wouldn't expect anything less from someone in Santa Barbara.

#784 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

You can say a lot of things about JJP, but this is unequivocally false.

It is?

Why did Jack say that they had identified the root cause of the clearcoat problem and what the fix was back in 2019? If that was true, why hasn't the issue been resolved?

#795 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Not saying I agree with poisoning the environment and workers having to work in “shitty dangerous conditions”. Also not saying Mirco can’t improve his process. But if you think the restrictions on chemicals isn’t a factor then you are the one who has “such a stupid take”. I’ve owned a 1966 mustang convertible for over 30 years. I’ve talked to a lot of people in the business of automotive restorations. It is basically a unanimous position that the restriction on chemicals in the clearcoats are a major hurdle. I can’t get the same paint job today as the one I got back in 1991 that has held up all these years.

This is definitely true.

However, despite this, we know that car manufacturers have been able to make clearcoats work even with the new restrictions. Maybe not as good as they used to be, but they sure don't just start failing like they are on JJP pins.

#827 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

The statement is that they have "no intention" of fixing the issue. That means absoulute zero intention. You actually believe that JJP has zero intention of fixing the problem?
    They've obviously had some struggles in fixing the problem, but I highly doubt that it's 1000% off their radar.

I guess that depends on your definition of "intention."

What actions have they actually taken in terms of fixing the issue to make anyone think that they have the "intention" of fixing it? Especially when they don't even seem to acknowledge that the issue currently exists.

Edit: I mean I'm sure that they want the issue to go away, but I don't know if that means that they actually have the intention of fixing it. Would a sternly worded letter to Mirco constitute proof of their intention to fix the issue?

#875 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I must be living in bizarro world, cause my original CV has dimpling..according to pinside, this is impossible..
    [quoted image]

It also has the hazing/ghosting inserts, which is a common issue with that title.

#998 2 years ago

#1056 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ps: steve talks shit about every former employer. For about 45 years now. Atari. Williams. Stern. Stern again. Not news, stop pretending it's some kind of shocking "gotcha" insight confirming all of your worst suspicions about the inner workings at Stern. In five years he’ll be talking shit about JJP to any two-bit podcaster who asks.
    If you guys knew your history beyond the last 3 years you’d know this.

100%.

Some of the shit that he said about Stern on RGP back in the day was pretty wild. I was shocked when Stern hired him again after that.

#1137 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I read some of the dumbest conversations and arguments here sometimes.

There are times when I am reading Pinside that I feel a lot dumber because of it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-leaving-stern-for-jjp?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.