Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,188 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3247CD2B-FEA7-47EF-800A-1F7D84A6BF65.gif
    7641E997-6D12-4C7A-B098-5C9970529CD3.gif
    E2F49AFD-CC2E-45F1-A9E1-8E3F5BFC7651 (resized).jpeg
    236408805_1199699550549611_2501784493730357848_n (resized).jpg
    C1A1E3D5-4C5C-4B17-A924-8FBAA9EA09DB (resized).jpeg
    076CE60D-D9DF-413D-A228-C67DBE18EDD4 (resized).jpeg
    id4.gif
    Levi.jpg
    vonnied (resized).png
    vonnied1.png (resized).jpg
    06CFDC04-2462-4FEC-A29F-1737EA195526 (resized).png
    F7E6C6B8-CFFC-4FEA-92D5-F4229B72F080 (resized).png
    C6DBB8CD-E279-479B-BCA4-D6B7E3B20CFA (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#539 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Seriously; JJP would have to offer discounts and refunds to all his past victims and solve his obvious quality issues for several games before I would even consider Steve's next great work.

Several game? By my calculations, you won’t be able to consider Steve’s next until 2025 at the earliest

#715 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lopa:

Not sure if this has been shared yet but I’m sure in large part Ritchie went to JJP for damage control over their ongoing playfield fiasco. He’s addressed it with stern and I’m sure JJP will be no different.

What?? Steve Ritchie "in large part" left Stern and went to JJP for damage control?

Come on, man. You aren't going to hear a peep from JJP about it.

#722 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lopa:

So you don’t think that JJP hired one of the longest serving games designers to right the ship as it pertains to their playfields? Ritchie does certainly have knowledge in the area.

No. They already have Lawlor, who pushed Diamond Plate. Besides, we're not talking about dimpling. We're talking about art not adhereing to the wood.

#781 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

They have no intention of fixing the Playfield clear issue.

You can say a lot of things about JJP, but this is unequivocally false.

#798 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

It is?
    Why did Jack say that they had identified the root cause of the clearcoat problem and what the fix was back in 2019? If that was true, why hasn't the issue been resolved?

The statement is that they have "no intention" of fixing the issue. That means absoulute zero intention. You actually believe that JJP has zero intention of fixing the problem?

They've obviously had some struggles in fixing the problem, but I highly doubt that it's 1000% off their radar.

#836 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

None. Zero. Ziltch.
    They "want" to fix it... but lack the skills. Pinball is hard apparently. :rolleyes:
    I know your on the correct side here and were supporting my position - feels dirty to be quoting you...
    That said, JJP has demonstrated thru action they don't give a rats arse about the product they ship once it ships. Have a defective clear coat; tough shit... not their problem. Bad LED board; again - you pay them to get a fixed part... maybe; if they feel like shipping it to you.
    Anyone staying in the GnR pipeline... are... well; insane.
    Anyone thinking of the next game... are even more so.
    Think people.

Out of curiosity, have you, personally, dealt with them on a product you've purchased?

#888 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Best music pin (and I hate them all) is AC/DC. I gave Stern the idea when I pretty much invented the music jukebox pin, when I added a full AC/DC jukebox to my mod of Stern's Iron Man in 2011 (I also added songs by Metallica and Black Sabbeth). The player could choose the music while they play. Years later, Stern make AC/DC....then Metallica. I also added a full Iron Maiden jukebox to Centaur....and hey presto...there's an Iron Maiden pin a few years later.
    But what Steve did with AC/DC was truly unique and fun. Best of the bunch. Focusing on the music and not the band.
    Problem with music pins....no one cares about the actual band, only their music. Which is why I added a full AC/DC jukebox to my Iron Man mod. Forget the boring old band, only their music is interesting....and paired with Iron Man's gameplay....unbeatable.
    I was struggling with Queen when I was working on that game at Heighway. Yep....bumpers are drums, upper playfield is the guitar, targets are piano keys....the whole game presented as a live show with rotating back wall stage lights....ideas which JJP ripped off wholesale for GNR. They also had the cheek to use my rule of being booed off the stage if you don't entertain the crowd from my Kiss remake (yes, before the Stern Kiss remake...another idea they 'borrowed').
    I did come up with a great original idea for Queen, that no one else has thought of. But I'm keeping that to myself for now.....too many opportunists around here.
    As they say...one man's great idea is another man's opportunity.

Hang on… you’re accusing Eric M. Of stealing your ideas and claiming them as his own?

#970 2 years ago

That was actually a really good interview. Very revealing.

It sounds like Steve got tired of the direction he was pushed in and being somewhat shackled.

#972 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That seems like a clear indication of lower forced game budgets. I couldn't imagine having to argue for a few extra drop targets, magnets, or a physical ball lock. These games are insanely priced and should come loaded, especially after all of the price hikes.

He really had zero issue taking a swing at Stern. A little surprising.

#975 2 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

What does he have to lose really? And from previous interviews, he hasn't come across as worrying too much about what other people think.

Nothing. Just a little surprising. When was the last time you heard someone from inside Stern complain about Stern? (other than CF who didn't wan't to play ball with their request not to sell possible IP infringements on the side)

#977 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"I was just sad with the working decision over there", "I wasn't happy", "I need to be happy, I need to like what I'm doing".
    Jack said "Do you want a job?" and Steve said "Yes!", "I got happy the day I came to Jersey Jack".
    At what point did it hit you that needed a chance Ken asks? March 2021 Steve says, he completed two whitewoods before he left. Steve also says good things about the people he liked at Stern.
    Steve "The handcuffs are off"!
    Steve "Pinball people are the best people in the world", "I want to say to them I have an opportunity to make better game here and I will", "I'm happy and excited to be here".

He made some pretty awesome games at Stern. AC/DC is a masterpiece!

#1013 2 years ago
    Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Facts.
    Led Zeppelin is poetry:
    I had a dream. Crazy dream
    Anything I wanted to know, any place I needed to go
    Hear my song. People won't you listen now? Sing along
    You don't know what you're missing now
    Any little song that you know
    Everything that's small has to grow
    And it has to grow!
    California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain
    Honolulu Starbright - the song remains the same
    Guns and roses latest “hit”:
    Ha-oww
    Listen, motherfuckers, to the song that should be heard
    Back down in the gutter is more than you deserve
    Screaming fucking banshee, you know that's what you are
    Pussy full of maggots, isn't that absurd
    Dizzy little dreamer with your head down in the stars
    Fucking little schemer, got yourself inside the art
    Syphilitic priestess baby, I know who you are
    Parasitic demon sucking acid through your heart
    Absurd

As long as you’re listing facts, you should also include the fact that there’s at least 10 instances where LZ ripped off other artists songs.

I’m not a fan of either band, but at least GNR can claim musical originality.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-leaving-stern-for-jjp?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.