Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,188 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3247CD2B-FEA7-47EF-800A-1F7D84A6BF65.gif
    7641E997-6D12-4C7A-B098-5C9970529CD3.gif
    E2F49AFD-CC2E-45F1-A9E1-8E3F5BFC7651 (resized).jpeg
    236408805_1199699550549611_2501784493730357848_n (resized).jpg
    C1A1E3D5-4C5C-4B17-A924-8FBAA9EA09DB (resized).jpeg
    076CE60D-D9DF-413D-A228-C67DBE18EDD4 (resized).jpeg
    id4.gif
    Levi.jpg
    vonnied (resized).png
    vonnied1.png (resized).jpg
    06CFDC04-2462-4FEC-A29F-1737EA195526 (resized).png
    F7E6C6B8-CFFC-4FEA-92D5-F4229B72F080 (resized).png
    C6DBB8CD-E279-479B-BCA4-D6B7E3B20CFA (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg
    There are 1,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 24.
    #101 2 years ago

DO IT! MAKE IT! Right up Steve's alley.

p2981_p_v13_ac (resized).jpgp2981_p_v13_ac (resized).jpg
    #102 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

STTNG and Stern ST play so differently I wouldn't really hesitate to have both in a collection. Honestly, rules wise, the Stern game is *substantially* better, and not just because of the depth of the rules, but all the little nuances and playfield multipliers from the warp ramp.

I agree, the Stern iteration is much more fun and playable than the WMS. I just wanted to highlight that Steve hasn't done anything new in years, just riffs off what worked in the past.

#103 2 years ago

Is anyone from Cannonball Run still alive?

#104 2 years ago

Yeah...pretty much. Lots of fun games, but it always seems like the interesting stuff got cut or didn't really work as well as intended. Upper PF on GOT, lower PF on AC/DC Premium, the vertical eject on Star Trek that got removed before production that was supposed to throw the ball to the warp ramp, etc. How much of that was Steve's fault vs. the mechanical engineers or coders, I can't say.

I've never really been a Ritchie fanboy, though...always preferred Borg's games when it came to Stern, with the exception of AC/DC.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Just to name a few…

Jackie Chan
    Farrah Fawcett
    Terry Bradshaw

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Farra faucet

Maybe so, but Farrah Fawcett is dead.

#107 2 years ago

While we wait in anticipation, let’s move things to a more positive light while staying on topic. One line answers.

What’s your favorite Steve Ritchie game?

Me: Game of Thrones

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Maybe so, but Farrah Fawcett is dead.

I didn’t realize that, good catch

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Klinger!

#110 2 years ago

I would've bet a thousand bucks that Jamie Farr is dead. Way to hang in there, Klinger!

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I would've bet a thousand bucks that Jamie Farr is dead. Way to hang in there, Klinger!

He made it through the Korean War with a bunch of misfits, he didn't have to deal with Bob Crane and Hogan's Heroes, that might have killed him.

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Jackie Chan
    Susan Anton
    Tony Danza

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

Steve unleashed at WMS brought you STTNG and No Fear which both easily had greater BOM's than even a JJP game when inflation is considered....

I think you're overestimating the price of the magnets on NF

#114 2 years ago

I have zero evidence to back this up, but based on my experience moving games, Star Trek The Next Generation is the heaviest. That game was a beast to move.

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

While we wait in anticipation, let’s move things to a more positive light while staying on topic. One line answers.

Still gotta be AC/DC.

The one and only time Ritchie and Lyman teamed up, and they hit it out of the park.

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Are there any more dad rock themes left for him to copy and paste that T2 layout to?

hopefully he's take that elvis layout and retheme it.

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Love T2. BUT....

I know the game isn't too deep and all but it's still one of the fastest games and still a lot of fun, F-14 Tomcat, favorite wise. Sounds alone are fantastic.

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I have zero evidence to back this up, but based on my experience moving games, Star Trek The Next Generation is the heaviest. That game was a beast to move.

Can confirm. Never again.

#119 2 years ago
    0CEBEF9D-E90B-42A1-83E2-1E3795380364 (resized).jpeg0CEBEF9D-E90B-42A1-83E2-1E3795380364 (resized).jpeg
    #120 2 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm going to say TZ, my L3 and L4 vertebra entered another dimension moving that.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I have zero evidence to back this up, but based on my experience moving games, Star Trek The Next Generation is the heaviest.

It isn't.

Quoted from lpeters82:

That game was a beast to move.

It is heavy.

LTG : )

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from gjm7777:

I'm going to say TZ,

Hobbit, JJP Pirates, probably even Safecracker.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Hobbit, JJP Pirates, probably even Safecracker.

I never moved a Safecracker. But that makes sense. A lot of mechanism in that sucker.

I've managed to never touch a JJP game, so wouldn't know.

*I kid, I kid* But haven't had to move one.

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Still gotta be AC/DC.
    The one and only time Ritchie and Lyman teamed up, and they hit it out of the park.

I was just reminded that Ritchie and Lyman also teamed up on Spiderman.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Demolition Man is about tied for first then. My back wasn't happy after that one, either.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Those Jamie Farr callouts are gonna rule!

#127 2 years ago

#1 Spiderman
    #2 AcDc
    #3 Star wars.

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:I was just reminded that Ritchie and Lyman also teamed up on Spiderman.

....and 24!

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Quoted from gambit3113:

Can confirm. Never again.

Quoted from gjm7777:

I'm going to say TZ, my L3 and L4 vertebra entered another dimension moving that.

Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Demolition Man is about tied for first then. My back wasn't happy after that one, either.

Some of ya'll have never tried moving a haunted house and it shows. Or an EM

#130 2 years ago

I've moved all the weighty contraptions mentioned and by far the heaviest was a Dialed In.

It's the build quality.

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Just to name a few…
    Jackie Chan
    Farrah Fawcett
    Terry Bradshaw

Adrienne Barbeau and Bianca Jagger are alive.

#132 2 years ago

IJ:TPA... heaviest DMD I've moved... but Bally EM bingo machines have said "fu" to many a spine.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Stern Star Trek

The only game I sold and want back!

Robert

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I LOVE SW...but HS is an all time classic in simplistic perfection. He's got a lot of good ones buuuut....
    On the bottom for me is ACDC & the BK 1 & 2; not popular I know.

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've moved all the weighty contraptions mentioned and by far the heaviest was a Dialed In.

It's the build quality.

I have a STTNG and that was heavy, JD was close but Hobbit and Dialed In I didn't even try. Got ro remove heads from JJP games (easy to do) and in the case of the Hobbit I moved the playfield separately from the cabinet as well with the boards in the cab was still an injury waiting to happen.

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It isn't.

It is heavy.

ST:TNG most likely the heaviest Steve Ritchie game....

#137 2 years ago

Joe says NO!

9E144D73-0FD6-4907-AEB0-49CA8BF8AEB7.jpeg9E144D73-0FD6-4907-AEB0-49CA8BF8AEB7.jpeg
    #138 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's the build quality.

I was going to say this. I had all my pins wrapped up and was moving with a hand truck. I could not tip DI for the life of me. Other even Woz was no problem. However I’m not saying if it’s as heavy as the superpins. These new Spike 2 pins are light as heck.

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Bally EM bingo machines have said "fu" to many a spine.

I moved one. The head outweighs the body. Friggin' half-ton abacus inside that thing.

So hey, umm, Steve Ritchie! Am I right guys?

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

On the bottom for me is ACDC & the BK 1 & 2; not popular I know.

Couldn't agree more.

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Joe says NO!
    [quoted image]

Some people have a difficult time reading things sometimes.

He most certainly did not say "no."

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

So hey, umm, Steve Ritchie! Am I right guys?

Right about what?

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Still gotta be AC/DC.

The OG team up was for my favorite pin SM! Which was mentioned above already. Dude has seriously lost his posting touch! Too rusty

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Adrienne Barbeau and Bianca Jagger are alive.

I personally know Adrienne Barbeau and recorded her audio book. She'd do custom callouts for a Cannonball Run game.
    It's funny, I have not heard the theme tossed around, but it would make a fun game.

#145 2 years ago

Saying that SR is currently alive and at Stern is not addressing the rumor, which is that he will soon be leaving Stern and moving to JJP.

Steve was always fond of Jack. Not that it matters much these days, but they were definitely buddies.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Some people have a difficult time reading things sometimes.
    He most certainly did not say "no."

Sure you could read that to mean "there now, but maybe not tomorrow" -- But what would motivate Joe to make such a reply in the first place? He wasn't directly engaged... he went out of his way to respond to the post, which would infer he's debunking the rumor. To reply only to say 'no, but maybe' doesn't compute.

#147 2 years ago

Wish he would... the weakest thing about JJP is their game design.

Only games I like as players are the two games Pat Lawlor did.

#148 2 years ago

the only ways Steve comes out of Stern is in coffin shaped cabinet. he makes epic games and is an awesome guy!

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Wish he would... the weakest thing about JJP is their game design.

God yes. I hear pissing and moaning aboot SR tired layouts; guess people enjoy Balcer's more? Uff

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

God yes. I hear pissing and moaning aboot SR tired layouts; guess people enjoy Balcer's more? Uff

is that who did the other games? I have no idea.

All I know is they go clunk and thunk allot then you get mutliball.

There are 1,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-leaving-stern-for-jjp/page/3?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.