Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,187 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 days ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3247CD2B-FEA7-47EF-800A-1F7D84A6BF65.gif
    7641E997-6D12-4C7A-B098-5C9970529CD3.gif
    E2F49AFD-CC2E-45F1-A9E1-8E3F5BFC7651 (resized).jpeg
    236408805_1199699550549611_2501784493730357848_n (resized).jpg
    C1A1E3D5-4C5C-4B17-A924-8FBAA9EA09DB (resized).jpeg
    076CE60D-D9DF-413D-A228-C67DBE18EDD4 (resized).jpeg
    id4.gif
    Levi.jpg
    vonnied (resized).png
    vonnied1.png (resized).jpg
    06CFDC04-2462-4FEC-A29F-1737EA195526 (resized).png
    F7E6C6B8-CFFC-4FEA-92D5-F4229B72F080 (resized).png
    C6DBB8CD-E279-479B-BCA4-D6B7E3B20CFA (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg

There are 1187 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 24.
    #951 66 days ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Zeppelin will live forever, not so sure about GnR.

At this point they're like 53 and 36 year old bands respectively, so I'm pretty sure we're stuck with both of them.

#952 66 days ago

Slash got the reunion he wanted...

Page never did. Remember when they were auditioning Steven Tyler?

#953 66 days ago

Tyler auditioned for GnR?
    Bands Zeppelin > GnR
    Pinball GnR>Zeppelin

#954 66 days ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Tyler auditioned for GnR?

Zep! Unless that was a joke I didn’t get.

They went so far as to have rehearsals but page bonzo jr and Jones were Thrown by Tyler’s belief they were working on new material when the obvious point was to go out on tour that summer and play the hits. I think Tyler may have been off the wagon during this whole time too I remember there was a weird couple of years there.

Hey acdc with Axl wasn’t bad so who knows!

#955 66 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Zep! Unless that was a joke I didn’t get.
    They went so far as to have rehearsals but page bonzo jr and Jones were Thrown by Tyler’s belief they were working on new material when the obvious point was to go out on tour that summer and play the hits. I think Tyler may have been off the wagon during this whole time too I remember there was a weird couple of years there.
    Hey acdc with Axl wasn’t bad so who knows!

I honestly didn't know and it made more sense to me that it would've been GnR that ask him.I'm glad that never happened it would've weakened their legacy.LZ is the only old rockers I listen to on a regular basis.

#956 66 days ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I honestly didn't know and it made more sense to me that it would've been GnR that ask him.I'm glad that never happened it would've weakened their legacy.LZ is the only old rockers I listen to on a regular basis.

Not Purple ?!

#957 66 days ago

Occasionally with my middle son who's 30 he's a musician and loves the old Hammond organs that Jon Lord played on Lazy and such.I was at a reform school when Machine Head came out and we would crank that shit up in the music room!

#958 66 days ago

Realistically like three years until we see a Richie game from JJP though? Gary says stern is on a 18 month cycle and god knows they pump em out so I imagine Pat’s Toy Story and possibly another in development game before we see another Richie game right?

#959 66 days ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Realistically like three years until we see a Richie game from JJP though? Gary says stern is on a 18 month cycle and god knows they pump em out so I imagine Pat’s Toy Story and possibly another in development game before we see another Richie game right?

I have to agree with Dennis over at the eclectic gamers podcast and say I think Steve will do one game and be done. He's getting pretty old and JJP takes forever to crank a game out.

#960 65 days ago

Steve's ready and the shoes go well with GNR LE!

226290492_4667540013264558_1955446924592228163_n (resized).jpg

#961 65 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Take your own advice then. You’re embarrassing yourself.

OK then I guess you're way smarter than HEP, Vid1900, Kruzman, and many others. My mistake. I should watch youtube videos by random shmucks more often instead of listening to experts to avoid any further embarrassment.

#962 65 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Space jam confirmed!

#963 65 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Red? I'm guessing a form of Getaway 3 (the car and all).

#964 65 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Finally the Red Rocker Sammy Hagar gets his own pin.

pasted_image (resized).png
    #965 65 days ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Finally the Red Rocker Sammy Hagar gets his own pin. [quoted image]

See Heavy Metal. . Not sure if his song is in there or not.

#966 65 days ago

Hot sweet and sticky pinball!
    Montrose Rock Candy with Sammy Hagar

#967 64 days ago

So… based on a JJP podcast I heard this morning: Steve said he resigned from Stern in March due to being unhappy. He left 2 whitewood designs behind at Stern. He is excited to create a new design at JJP and will soon start assembling a design team.

https://jjppodcast.libsyn.com/ep-10-steve-ritchie

#968 64 days ago

Steve has always spoken very highly/fondly of Tim Sexton, and it does make me wonder if he will be actively seeking to bring him over to his team at JJP.

#969 64 days ago

"Hand cuffs are off", hope this is true! Sounds like he was very unhappy at Stern.

#970 64 days ago

That was actually a really good interview. Very revealing.

It sounds like Steve got tired of the direction he was pushed in and being somewhat shackled.

#971 64 days ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

"Hand cuffs are off", hope this is true! Sounds like he was very unhappy at Stern.

That seems like a clear indication of lower forced game budgets. I couldn't imagine having to argue for a few extra drop targets, magnets, or a physical ball lock. These games are insanely priced and should come loaded, especially after all of the price hikes.

#972 64 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That seems like a clear indication of lower forced game budgets. I couldn't imagine having to argue for a few extra drop targets, magnets, or a physical ball lock. These games are insanely priced and should come loaded, especially after all of the price hikes.

He really had zero issue taking a swing at Stern. A little surprising.

#973 64 days ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

He did make very clear he loves the engineering folks at Stern and his feelings were aimed at the ‘business’ side.

#974 64 days ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

What does he have to lose really? And from previous interviews, he hasn't come across as worrying too much about what other people think.

#975 64 days ago
    Quoted from shaub:

What does he have to lose really? And from previous interviews, he hasn't come across as worrying too much about what other people think.

Nothing. Just a little surprising. When was the last time you heard someone from inside Stern complain about Stern? (other than CF who didn't wan't to play ball with their request not to sell possible IP infringements on the side)

#976 64 days ago

"I was just sad with the working decision over there", "I wasn't happy", "I need to be happy, I need to like what I'm doing".

Jack said "Do you want a job?" and Steve said "Yes!", "I got happy the day I came to Jersey Jack".

At what point did it hit you that needed a chance Ken asks? March 2021 Steve says, he completed two whitewoods before he left. Steve also says good things about the people he liked at Stern.

Steve "The handcuffs are off"!

Steve "Pinball people are the best people in the world", "I want to say to them I have an opportunity to make better game here and I will", "I'm happy and excited to be here".

#977 64 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"I was just sad with the working decision over there", "I wasn't happy", "I need to be happy, I need to like what I'm doing".
    Jack said "Do you want a job?" and Steve said "Yes!", "I got happy the day I came to Jersey Jack".
    At what point did it hit you that needed a chance Ken asks? March 2021 Steve says, he completed two whitewoods before he left. Steve also says good things about the people he liked at Stern.
    Steve "The handcuffs are off"!
    Steve "Pinball people are the best people in the world", "I want to say to them I have an opportunity to make better game here and I will", "I'm happy and excited to be here".

He made some pretty awesome games at Stern. AC/DC is a masterpiece!

#978 64 days ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

He made some pretty awesome games at Stern. AC/DC is a masterpiece!

Judging by the interview and trying to read between the lines, Star Trek may have been the last that he felt free to do what he wanted. He said in the interview that was the only game he got RGB LEDs and how important he thinks it is. He also talked about drop targets and how much he likes them and said his next title will have them. It was super obvious he has felt stifled for some time.

#979 64 days ago

Steve is great, he has designed some of my favorite games and I wish him nothing but the best. "Handcuffs are off" is a pretty ballsy statement though. I like the swagger, he has earned it, but if his first JJP game doesn't sell as well as he would like it will be awkward.

#980 64 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Judging by the interview and trying to read between the lines, Star Trek may have been the last that he felt free to do what he wanted. He said in the interview that was the only game he got RGB LEDs and how important he thinks it is. He also talked about drop targets and how much he likes them and said his next title will have them. It was super obvious he has felt stifled for some time.

GOT is RGB

#981 64 days ago

His words, not mine but I probably miss quoted him, I think he said Star Trek was the only game he got to do full RGB LEDs. I am not that familiar with the different versions, I know my Star Trek Pro has partial did the premium get full? It's in the interview if you give it a listen.

#982 64 days ago

GOT and Star Treks trims are the same in terms of the amount of RGBs.

I’m sure if he said that, he simply forgot about GOT.

#983 64 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Star Trek is so good, easily the best LE Stern ever created in my opinion. There's no comparison to Star Trek LE when looking at today's Stern LE's. The external and internal cabinet lighting is awesome, there's the laser etches armor (that integrates with the cabinet lighting), LED lighting on the head, and then all of the extra stainless steel touches with the speaker panel and Starfleet emblems.

When you put Star Trek LE next to any other modern Stern LE it's clear which game had the bigger budget. What makes matters worse is all of the price hikes since Star Trek was released and Stern still hasn't made anything similar feature wise. Toss in maybe being told "No, you can't add 3 drop targets there, make them stand up targets", or maybe "No, you have to remove that magnet" and it's make the value factor in today's modern games even worse.

#984 64 days ago

sorry off topic!

A cover version of Heavy Metal is in the stern game, not Sammy Hagar.
    1: Veteran Of The Psychic Wars – Blue Oyster Cult
    2: Takin A Ride (Heavy Metal) – Soundswitch
    3: World Of Fantasy – Helloween
    4: Cosmic Power Of The Infinite Shred Machine – Dragonforce
    5: Heavy Metal – Justice
    6: Midnight Flyer – The Night Flight Orchestra
    7: I Must Be Dreamin’ – Cheap Trick
    8: Heavy Metal – Sebastian Bach feat. Brendon Small
    9: At The Edge Of Time – Blind Guardian
    10: Space Police – Edguy
    11: Sky Is Mine – Amorphis
    12: Lightyears from Home – Primal Fear

Quoted from chuckwurt:

See Heavy Metal. . Not sure if his song is in there or not.

#986 64 days ago

I've gotta say, listening to the interview has made me pretty excited to see what Ritchie comes up with. He mentioned drop targets, I bet we see a real kickback. Too bad it's going to be like 3 years at least until we see it.

#987 64 days ago

PLAYER CONTROLLED KICKBACK. do it Ritchie. Do it!!

#988 64 days ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Notice who's smiling and who's not... obviously Jimmy doesn't think as much of Slash as Slash thinks of Jimmy. And I would agree with that assessment. Pretty apparent who's giddy to be seen with who. Zeppelin will live forever, not so sure about GnR.

Only a real fanboy would say something so funny,
    GNR is ALOT popular today then Zeppelin,

Ill put it simple, watch the views
    No1 Guns song
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=guns+n+roses+november+rain

No1 Zeppelin song
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=led+zeppelin+stairway+to+heaven

Only a fool would argue that Zeppelin reaches GNR today,
    Move forward 30-40 years, both bands will be as very influential bands for its times.

Also,
    Its almost as funny trying to defend the lame effort put when doing the Zeppelin pin,
    I would call it a disrespectful effort from Stern against a great band as Led Zeppelin.
    I just wish that JJP did both Pins, that would have been more interesting to compare.

Comparing the GNR Pin & Led Zeppelin pin, its not even close...
    For every 100 dudes who likes the GNR pin, there will always be the 1 odd dude claiming the Led Zeppeling Pin is the best...

The match up of Metallica & AC/DS was more fun to ponder,
    it was two great Pins!

#989 64 days ago
    Quoted from Captain_Howdy:

Talks about fools... and then thinks youtube viewership is representative of all consumers.

#990 64 days ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Talks about fools... and then thinks youtube viewership is representative of all consumers.

Yeah...I think I'll let others take this one. There are so many places I could shoot holes in his argument, I really don't know where to start. So for once, I'll shut up.

#991 64 days ago

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/20126318

Ken did a great interview. Happiest Steve has sounded in years. Joe always sounds souped up.

Great things coming from JJP.

LTG : )

#992 64 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Steve "Pinball people are the best people in the world"

He must not be a Pinside user.

#993 64 days ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Nothing. Just a little surprising. When was the last time you heard someone from inside Stern complain about Stern? (other than CF who didn't wan't to play ball with their request not to sell possible IP infringements on the side)

Privately? It's pretty common. Publicly. Rare.

#994 64 days ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

He must not be a Pinside user.

Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    #995 64 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/20126318
    Ken did a great interview. Happiest Steve has sounded in years. Joe always sounds souped up.
    Great things coming from JJP.
    LTG : )

So when is JJP releasing HS3? (LTG loves me asking the questions he can’t answer)

#996 64 days ago
    Quoted from Captain_Howdy:

Only a real fanboy would say something so funny,
    GNR is ALOT popular today then Zeppelin,
    Ill put it simple, watch the views
    No1 Guns song
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=guns+n+roses+november+rain
    No1 Zeppelin song
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=led+zeppelin+stairway+to+heaven
    Move forward 30-40 years, both bands will be as very influential bands for its times.
    Also,
    Its almost as funny trying to defend the lame effort put when doing the Zeppelin pin,
    I would call it a disrespectful effort from Stern against a great band as Led Zeppelin.
    I just wish that JJP did both Pins, that would have been more interesting to compare.
    Comparing the GNR Pin & Led Zeppelin pin, its not even close...
    For every 100 dudes who likes the GNR pin, there will always be the 1 odd dude claiming the Led Zeppeling Pin is the best...
    The match up of Metallica & AC/DS was more fun to ponder,
    it was two great Pins!

I actually agree with this 100%

#997 64 days ago

Well...good luck to Steve. Hope he gets what he wants and JJP doesn't bone him with more crap playfields, because the way he designs games...they're certainly going to need to be able to take more abuse.

#998 64 days ago

#999 64 days ago

Me? I'm a delight.

#1000 64 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You can’t imagine having a budget and having to work within it in an industry where the goal is to make a profit and not lose money?

Steve’s been doing that for almost 50 years. Read his old interviews he was bitching about “Bill of materials” at Williams over 20 years ago.

He’ll have the same issues at Jjp. He’s not going to have some carte Blanche to remake STTNG mixed with TZ.

Don’t get your hopes up gang. Once again...it’s pinball. It’s always going to be pinball. If it’s something else you are looking for, find a new hobby or you’ll always be disappointed.

There are 1187 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside