(Topic ID: 44039)

Steve Ritchie interview from 2001 (I think)

By Prmailers

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rondogg
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago

Ah that was a fantastic interview. I met Steve at Pintastic a few year's back and did a very short lived podcast and the first interview was with him. He coined the podcast name as "The Beige Knight Pinball Podcast" which initially we thought was funny but he has since that time repeated that and it's becoming increasingly obvious it's a real game. What is humbling to me is that Steve is a lot like me or was me at certain times in my life. That trying to get your foot in the door, the knowing what your company putting out is shit but your boss tells you to put out shit but you won't, the struggle to wow people at the company to get that raise. Getting depressed due to having failure or being fired. Then some other interesting stuff like how sound in pinball is important and looking at some recent Stern games like GOTG. Amusing of course as he must be on his comments on pinballs biggest comeback. Then of course the stuff he didn't take into account for like computers powering games so you can have a bajillion rules like on POTC yet it doesn't matter to a player because every shot advances the game. Then of course the advances in tech like LED's to 3D printing. Really good interview!

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Pinball is back, but do any of you guys really think the days of a title selling over 10K units could ever happen? At the current price point that would be a big fat no. It's back but it's niche and that's OK as long as we remain a passionate and dedicated community it will thrive.

Oh no it will never ever come back. Yes the price issue is a factor and will get worse over time with inflation but pinball is not like a console or Nintendo Switch. They are big and break a lot. Plus they are loud and you can't carry them around. It will always be a niche thing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-interview-from-2001-i-think?tu=hool10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.