(Topic ID: 61492)

Steve Ritchie Facebook Post - Aug 29 - ST Tease?

By Nuclear_Waste

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by maddog14
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STP.jpg
    holmes_rand_1995.jpg
    angryoldman5.jpg
    steve082913.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Steve's comment made tonight, in response to Stern's FB post that featured an Iron Maiden image (from way back in April):

steve082913.jpgsteve082913.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Good catch. Oh boy show me STID pics =)

#3 10 years ago

It's time...... Ritchie's next masterpiece

#4 10 years ago

Can't wait!

#5 10 years ago

Good news to hear!!

#6 10 years ago

Please please please....

#7 10 years ago

He is an evil man. I am sure the game will be great.

#9 10 years ago

I hope its not a Star Trek. Whomever wants a Star Trek, nothing against you but I want to start saving up for my first NIB and this will not do it for me.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I hope its not a Star Trek. Whomever wants a Star Trek, nothing against you but I want to start saving up for my first NIB and this will not do it for me.

there's always another game around the corner. Stern will release 3 or more new games before Hobbit gets here.

#11 10 years ago

No fear II: the reckoning... Oh please god! Please!

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Prepare to be disappointed.

#13 10 years ago

Yeah yeah...put that next to the one with him holding the first aid kit that got everyone "positive" it would be resident evil.

Hope it's good, haven't been a big fan since SM.

#14 10 years ago

I'm hoping for AC/DC II - Hayseed Dixie

#15 10 years ago

The other comment from Steve on this FB post for those without a FB account is the following comment "Yes. It is a fast smooth shooting pinball machine with fun rules and excitement packed into every second of play!!!!"

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

"Yes. It is a fast smooth shooting pinball machine with fun rules and excitement packed into every second of play!!!!"

That sounds like the kind of pinball I liked to play when I was young.

#17 10 years ago

Star Trek sounds great - no rock bands or superheroes. I'm still working on paying for The Hobbit or else I would be in.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

The other comment from Steve on this FB post for those without a FB account is the following comment "Yes. It is a fast smooth shooting pinball machine with fun rules and excitement packed into every second of play!!!!"

Thanks I don't do FB so that helps! I can't wait to see the design. I wonder if it will have three magnets on the back board of the playfield? Maybe that was just some teasing going on who knows. If it does then it will be interesting to see how they are utilized.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

there's always another game around the corner.

That's pretty much the logic I use. It made it pretty easy to stop myself from buying metallica (that, plus Im not a Metallica fan). It also helps that there are tons of other games out there to keep people occupied in the meantime.

#20 10 years ago

I'm not so sure about Cody wanting one. He's one tough customer.

angryoldman5.jpgangryoldman5.jpg

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I'm not so sure about Cody wanting one. He's one tough customer.

PLONK!

holmes_rand_1995.jpgholmes_rand_1995.jpg

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'm hoping for AC/DC II - Hayseed Dixie

Your example is lackluster. This is better.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

Your example is lackluster.
    » YouTube video

Sorry you required more luster. Upper Crust, then:

#24 10 years ago

Badpiper for some Scottish luster.

#25 10 years ago

Waiting for Sterns Star Wars: Episode VII (2015).

#26 10 years ago

Star Trek Into Darkness This title will be released on September 10, 2013....................................

(Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + Pinball) (2013)

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

It is a fast smooth shooting pinball machine

Pretty much the first thing I look for in a pin.

#28 10 years ago

Seems legit... Cover art looks promising !

STP.jpgSTP.jpg

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Unless JJP snags it first.

Also, here's praying the artwork for the new ST isn't just the damn DVD cover. Hiring Greg Freres is a good start to combating that, but licenses can suck that way.

#30 10 years ago

Worst kept secret ever.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Unless JJP snags it first.
    Also, here's praying the artwork for the new ST isn't just the damn DVD cover. Hiring Greg Freres is a good start to combating that, but licenses can suck that way.

You are right. TRS looks bad with all that standard clip art that you can find in several other places. That handcuffs even the best design people. Hopefully that lesson is learned and we will see something more imaginative on the new ST. Stern will sell a pile of the premiums as long as they don't use clip art and don't gimp the gameplay versus the almost unobtainable premiums.

I believe they will do it right because they know the value of the Star Trek franchise and the potential for profit. I'm guessing AC/DC Premium must be one of their most profitable pins and they are eager to repeat that feat.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Seems legit... Cover art looks promising !

No Cumberbatch, no sale!

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

AC/DC Premium must be one of their most profitable pins and they are eager to repeat that feat.

it will happen with iron maiden

#34 10 years ago

Facebook sucks a lama's sweaty nutsack.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

it will happen with iron maiden

Yes it will next year.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Star Trek Into Darkness This title will be released on September 10, 2013....................................
    (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + Pinball) (2013)

I'm getting all (including the 3D)......but the last one.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Facebook sucks a lama's sweaty nutsack.

Facebook validated it's entire existence this past Tuesday by letting me know that the new NIN album was available a week early on iTunes streaming for free.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Facebook validated it's entire existence this past Tuesday by letting me know that the new NIN album was available a week early on iTunes streaming for free.

As a NIN fan I'm sure you already knew that , If not can you you really call yourself a fan of NIN . Better check your facebook status on that .

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

As a NIN fan I'm sure you already knew that , If not can you you really call yourself a fan of NIN . Better check your facebook status on that .

Nope. Had no idea it was going to be available a week early until I opened Facebook Tuesday morning before work and had NIN's page telling me it was up and ready to rock. And rock it did. I estimate I've already listened to the album 20+ times. Pure awesomeness.

#40 10 years ago

is this being release in September the new ST, it's been a rumor for ages, maybe it's going to come true

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I'd wait until Episode 9 is completed!!

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Nope. Had no idea it was going to be available a week early until I opened Facebook Tuesday morning before work and had NIN's page telling me it was up and ready to rock. And rock it did. I estimate I've already listened to the album 20+ times. Pure awesomeness.

So there is some good left in facebook ?

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

So there is some good left in facebook ?

Sometimes it can be hard to see through the neverending onslaught of baby pictures, but good can still be found there on occasion.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Sorry you required more luster. Upper Crust, then:
    » YouTube video

good stuph

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-facebook-post-aug-29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.