Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 718 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

robo.jpg
    family.jpg
    guy.jpg
    Screenshot_20180602-120325 (resized).png
    bowling_lane.jpg
    20180512_145039 (resized).jpg
    f214296b378c9ec88cd0b7e270c27c35c199428e (resized).jpg
    01adsfasd (resized).jpg
    BM66 (resized).png
    DSCN5798 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5794 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5795 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5793 (resized).JPG
    thLIVP55YF (resized).jpg
    800px_COLOURBOX2630929 (resized).jpg
    ra,triblend_tee,x2150,black_triblend,front-c,367,133,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.u1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Ancient playfield pic for comparison Posted by vid1900 (5 years ago)

Post #100 Summary of Playfield hardness test with gauge by Procrastinator Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #117 Explanation of test method to determine wood hardness. Posted by swinks (5 years ago)

Post #129 Comparing the size of dimples based on hardness. Posted by TimeBandit (5 years ago)

Post #195 What is Maple plywood? How is it made? Posted by vid1900 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#351 5 years ago

Still reading through all of this but the dimples thing. Facial dimples;
    is Making me laugh.

It's giving me ideas for the next time I see Steve Ritchie.

( whom I like)

I'm thinking a pinball dimple face trend . I'll get it started somehow.

#459 5 years ago

I would agree. Different points. Same person.

#460 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The ultimate fun would be to take a brand new BM66 with it's super shiny playfield and bright GI lighting.
    Put it in a location that will get 100s of plays every day (like maybe, you know, an arcade).
    Then install a little cube GoPro and do a time lapse video.
    Pick an angle that will get plenty of ball drops.
    People could watch a live stream, or pick a speed and watch time lapse playback.
    You could watch the playfield go from a polished pristine glass-like surface, to the first day dimples, to dimples on top of dimples, to moonscape, to flatter moonscape, to ripple, to

This would be fun. The camera set up. If I had extra money I would do this just because today...

I might be able to do this camera thing else where.

#504 5 years ago

Holy moly this song.

It's pretty good after all this time.

#505 5 years ago

I do like that we are all discussing these playfield technicalities. It's better than the real world affairs.

1 week later
    #661 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Give it up vid. Clearly steel is not harder than wood. Clearly Stern "cheaped" out on us and used fake Chinese plywood and magnesium magnet protectors.
    Clearly the Earth is flat.
    Clearly the Easter Bunny went out and purchased name brand candy for my daughter about 3 1/2 weeks ago.
    Clearly "opinion" trump's (pun intended) facts.

Clearly. I am still reading.

Now, I know more about dimpling than I ever thought I would. To me this is important information. Also occasionally amusing.

But another point friends. Where else would we find this level of detail paid to our passion?

I love Pinside.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-discusses-pinball-playfield-dimpling?tu=azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.