Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 718 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

robo.jpg
    family.jpg
    guy.jpg
    Screenshot_20180602-120325 (resized).png
    bowling_lane.jpg
    20180512_145039 (resized).jpg
    f214296b378c9ec88cd0b7e270c27c35c199428e (resized).jpg
    01adsfasd (resized).jpg
    BM66 (resized).png
    DSCN5798 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5794 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5795 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5793 (resized).JPG
    thLIVP55YF (resized).jpg
    800px_COLOURBOX2630929 (resized).jpg
    ra,triblend_tee,x2150,black_triblend,front-c,367,133,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.u1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Ancient playfield pic for comparison Posted by vid1900 (5 years ago)

Post #100 Summary of Playfield hardness test with gauge by Procrastinator Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #117 Explanation of test method to determine wood hardness. Posted by swinks (5 years ago)

Post #129 Comparing the size of dimples based on hardness. Posted by TimeBandit (5 years ago)

Post #195 What is Maple plywood? How is it made? Posted by vid1900 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bumper.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#368 5 years ago

My old AFM and routed STTNG has no visible dimpling and those are fast games. The AFM LE here has extremely noticable dimpling:

and a new Star Wars LE which is on location with relatively low play has a very dimpled playfield. So I am very confident it is really caused by a difference in materials.

Those german overlays work to protect the playfield, but the location that uses them has many stuck balls because of those overlays.

My Doctor Who is just perfect, why don't they make diamond plate playfields anymore?

#374 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I still have almost 5 gallons of the stuff. It's cloudy and brittle compared to today's more durable clears, but great for touchups when you need it to be authentic.

??? I thought it was not a coating but some kind of Mylar completely covering the playfield.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bumper.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-discusses-pinball-playfield-dimpling?tu=Bumper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.