IMG_3993 (resized).JPG
IMG_3992 (resized).JPG
IMG_3990 (resized).JPG
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
blownfuse and dog (resized).jpg
IMG_0561 (resized).JPG
DSCN1097 (resized).jpg
DSCN1086 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roadrunner000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 7 years ago

My story is like so many others have posted...when I got into collecting Pinballs and Arcade Games..I really wanted a Gottlieb Rocky Pinball...when I finally found one I had no idea what I was doing. Somehow fate played a roll and through the RGP groups and a great referral I met Steve. I always told him he would be a great radio personality...his voice was so upbeat and he just made working on pins sound like so much fun even when you would get really frustrated he could make you laugh. He talked me through several fixes and built up my confidence that I could fix a lot of stuff on my own with just a little guidance from a friend. Several times I sent some problematic System 80 boards that were beyond my capabilities and he would fix them for nearly nothing...he truly was a great guy with a big heart. My fondest memory was talking to him about the construction he did for his home and all that went into that and space for his pinball collection.

Steve was responsible for helping me score one of my most prized possessions. The prototype Rocky Backglass seen in Rocky III movie...those who know Steve knows he has one also...well we used to joke about when he would sell his to me...well one day he calls me and tells me that there is on eBay...now most people I know would have grabbed that for themselves..if for no other reason than to sell later...not Steve...he always put you first and did what was right because that is the kind of person he truly was.

Steve, every time I coin up a game on my Rocky I will think of you. When I look at that backglass it remind me what a truly great person you were...something I strive to be everyday in my personal life as well as in the collector circles. I will always remember him telling me once in one of our early conversations, "Rick one day you will be teaching someone too, remember to pass on the knowledge" Well Steve you were right buddy...RIP...I know your looking down at all the people you influenced with a smile. Your work is done..Pinball {Specifically System 80's } will live on for many more generations to come thanks to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roadrunner000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-charland-rest-in-peace?tu=roadrunner000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.