IMG_3993 (resized).JPG
IMG_3992 (resized).JPG
IMG_3990 (resized).JPG
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
blownfuse and dog (resized).jpg
IMG_0561 (resized).JPG
DSCN1097 (resized).jpg
DSCN1086 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_Fiend.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Thanks for taking the lead on this sad post Steve- I miss my brother already and will have many stories to share at his memorial.
Rest in peaceful slumber, Blownfuse, CARGPB#1, System 80 Guru, Steve Charland. God be with Cathy, Amber, Aubrey and the entire family. My guts are in a knot, so much love for Steve-

Steve always had that great big smile. He tried hard to be grumpy, but could never pull it off in a convincing way. Big man, big smile, big heart. We will all miss him dearly, and he is alive in all our hearts.

When I learned of his death this morning, I immediately imagined a scene where Steve (CARGBP #1) and Al Garber (CARGBP #33 1/3) were together again after seven years (within a month) sharing some belly laughs and having a beer. I'm glad they have each other now.

Steve Faith

#74 7 years ago

I just came across this photo that Cliffy took at Al's memorial service. I had completely forgotten I had it. Thank you Cliffy for giving me a lasting reminder.

Steve C and Steve F (resized).jpgSteve C and Steve F (resized).jpg

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Steve was definitely one of our PAGG highlights every year as well. Always a great story with a smile. He didn't go to PAGG to play, he went to share good times with friends and made this little show feel like a big family reunion.
He made bulletproofing those insane Gottliebs look so easy. His vast knowledge was legendary and, thankfully, he was very happy to share that knowledge with us. I was looking forward to asking him a billion questions about the Punk we picked up after he kindly shared his with all of us, or the Black Hole project I bought knowing that I had a friend who would make sure that game would work 110% better than when it left the factory.
My goal now is to have both of those games absolutely ready to share the System 80 lineup at this year's Pin A Go Go and, honestly, if they break down mid way through the show, well, that's just more proof of how much we needed Steve Charland to keep them working.
Anyhow, I don't have to tell any of you how much he'll be missed. But, here are a few pics I've taken of Steve I wanted to share.

Thank you, Art, for sharing. You have expressed how many of us are feeling and thinking. If you are coming to Pin-a-Go-Go and have any System 80 games that are working or you can get working, please bring them to the show so that we can assemble them together as a tribute to Steve. We are working on putting something together where everybody can share a thought as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_Fiend.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-charland-rest-in-peace?tu=Flipper_Fiend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.